I'm Lost! The REDCard Thread

They have the fitting room operator announce the red card every few hours at our store.

Announces what? Announces the store's RC count for the day, or tries to get guests to sign up for RC? Can't imagine announcing the daily count so that all of the guests hear THAT. Oy!

My GSTL said yesterday he expected to get in trouble for not writing up one of our top performers for not getting any REDcards the past two weeks. She asks every guest, and usually does very well but has a couple of off weeks. And we have made our goal both weeks. But they still want to write up a general top performer who is reliable, on time, and does nearly everything we ask? (Many times without asking).

I am so over this.

Really? They already yell at the top of their lungs about it on the walkie. I'd be amazed if guests don't hear it.

No doubt they do! I feel like that tells the guest that we didn't sign them up to help them save, but rather we have some agenda. "Hey team, cashier X just got US OUR 4th (or whatever number) RedCard for the day." Using words like "us" and "our" makes it seem like the guest isn't all that important in the process, and even demeaning in a way. If I were a guest and I heard that, it certainly wouldn't make me sign up.

My question for @ClarkKent was what exactly the fitting room operator was announcing on the intercom.

Advice or reassurance would be great right about now.. I got hired at Target about 4 weeks ago as a sales floor team member but have only worked cashier shifts. At our store, we're asked to ask every customer about Redcards and such and we also have this thing that for every 100 customers you help, you should sell at least 1 Redcard. For me, I ask 99.9 percent of customers but have only gotten 3 so far. I got a weekly review for the first time, and a lot of customers of mine left me 100s from the survey they took which is great! But I also know Redcards effect your performance. I'm really worried that if it goes on, something bad will happen. I ask and try to get them but it doesn't always go well. I guess what I'm asking is, as long as I at least ask, will it be okay? Or will I get some consequences if I don't perform well with Redcards?

You get points from the used diapers recovered...

Diapers are a CA's red cards!

Wonder if we can wear red shirts with print explaining the benefits of the wonderful red cards on the backs. Great advertising. Get on it, Target.

I was put on final warning for my conversion rate after six years of service. No missed shifts. They wouldnt transfer me to cart attendant, even though we had 2 openings. I landed a gig as a full-time manager at Burger King thereafter but got fired from that within 2 months because everybody working under me called me homo and retard, and its not like I can write up the whole store. Havent worked in over a year. Was rejected by WalMart, Sears, Toys R Us, Home Depot, Walgreens, Costco (twice) Party City, and IGA, as in I landed and interview and got no callbacks. Havent worked in a year, and Ill probably be dead in the street soon

I was put on final warning for my conversion rate after six years of service. No missed shifts. They wouldnt transfer me to cart attendant, even though we had 2 openings. I landed a gig as a full-time manager at Burger King thereafter but got fired from that within 2 months because everybody working under me called me homo and retard, and its not like I can write up the whole store. Havent worked in over a year. Was rejected by WalMart, Sears, Toys R Us, Home Depot, Walgreens, Costco (twice) Party City, and IGA, as in I landed and interview and got no callbacks. Havent worked in a year, and Ill probably be dead in the street soon

Jesus man, I'm sorry.
That sounds rough.
I know it's just a little money but have you tried temp work?
Sometimes you can work your way into a full time job that way.

I saw a list of our district's red card numbers. Only a single store was green and most were massively in the red. Lol Target

But you do understand that Spots attitude is because that one store is green, that means the numbers are possible and all the other stores are slacking?
No matter that to anybody familiar with statistics would see that one store as an outlier and discard it.

They had originally bumped up everyone's conversion goals for BTS, but after it put nearly every store in the red, they backed it down again. Miracle.

They had originally bumped up everyone's conversion goals for BTS, but after it put nearly every store in the red, they backed it down again. Miracle.

Yup, our goal increased by 10 cards. Didn't make our goal during the first week, so it was bumped back down to our original goal.

Me applying for Target:
0rQ38VO.png

Me after learning about Redcards:
goixWnv.png

I'll be honest, at my interview they asked "would you be comfortable advertising our redcard?" There was no mention of daily goal or asking every person or anything like that. If I had know about the b.s. surrounding redcards I would've walked out of my interview.

Yup, the main reason why I wanted to make the jump from Cashier to Service Desk was so that I wouldn't have to fucking ask for the Red Card anymore. But now I'm a GSA, so while I'm not having to ask for them, my head is still on the chopping block if we don't make goal. Urgh.

5% is too cheap of a discount to get people to make credit risks over. Honestly I think we would all have an easier time with red cards if they raise it anywhere between 15 and 25 percent, plus sales, coupons and cartwheel...

People will buy more stuff if it is cheap, I know, I buy way too much stuff when it is cheap/clearance.

Also providing great service with no pressure to sign up for anything will make guests beg us for red cards instead of us asking. Walmart has a credit card, they don't harass their shoppers to get them so... Yeah.

Back