I'm Lost! The REDCard Thread

The flipside to that, its too often there is nobody on the salesfloor because of backups. So in the guest aspect, you still lose no matter how great the front end runs.

I completely disagree. Not every guest needs someone on the sales floor. But all guests benefit from a fast check out. You're acting like I'm denying the importance of sales floor. I'm not. But at the end of the day, leaving the store on a good note usually leaves guests with a satisfying experience.

I completely disagree. Not every guest needs someone on the sales floor. But all guests benefit from a fast check out. You're acting like I'm denying the importance of sales floor. I'm not. But at the end of the day, leaving the store on a good note usually leaves guests with a satisfying experience.

Your store must be absent of call boxes. Who gets those? A little gremlin that hides under the basedeck? There needs to be someone on the floor. To get those call boxes, and to engage the guest on the floor.

Your store must be absent of call boxes. Who gets those? A little gremlin that hides under the basedeck? There needs to be someone on the floor. To get those call boxes, and to engage the guest on the floor.

Do you have the reading comprehension of a gold fish?

A minor...I'm not telling you my exact age. Why?
Nothing nefarious; just wondering if you were old enough to go against your parent's wishes on job choices.
Yeh, we try to keep info to a minimum.
Have you told your parents how stressful it is?

My parents already know about the Team Leader that gives me a hard time, and my mom actually witnessed it one time she was in my store while I was working. They just want me to stay at my job because they strongly believe that I am privileged to be working at Target at my age.

They just want me to stay at my job because they strongly believe that I am privileged to be working at Target at my age.
It's NOT a privilege to be bullied & I think it shows far more maturity that you located a better job.
I'm sorry your parents don't see it that way.
Of course, if they term you for red card performance you'd have a chance at a better job.

Do you have the reading comprehension of a gold fish?

You may want to answer that as well. What part of "Total store experience" do you not comprehend about guest experience? You can't isolate everyone at the lanes to make that last piece of the puzzle great. If it sucks up to there, it will suck after there.

You may want to answer that as well. What part of "Total store experience" do you not comprehend about guest experience? You can't isolate everyone at the lanes to make that last piece of the puzzle great. If it sucks up to there, it will suck after there.

I acknowledge in almost EVERY response to you that was important. I'm just telling you why the front ends are given more priority when it's busy. Deal with it. It's how it is.

It's NOT a privilege to be bullied & I think it shows far more maturity that you located a better job.
I'm sorry your parents don't see it that way.
Of course, if they term you for red card performance you'd have a chance at a better job.

Thank you for seeing it that way! I didn't know if I was being unreasonable lol. I've only worked for Target for 6 months, but I can say that I only enjoyed my first month working here. :/

Heard the etl say that they may start coaching for not getting a redcard in a shift. I swear if they start pulling that I want to switch to a different department.

They could at least give better incentives. Most cities here charge for plastic bags....red card holders get free bags, eh eh?

Or they could just....have an actual loyalty card that brings in customers anyways by offering points to rack up (I like Fresh and Easy's 500 pts = 5 dollars thing) and doesn't need all their personal info aside from like a phone number or something.

I don't disagree. But this is one of the reasons why the process teams are behind or can't do their jobs fully. At my store, it's constant calls for backups. You'll be up there for half an hour. And no let up.

Meanwhile, there's no time to clean anymore on pog. Just set and forget.

I mean, obviously, this is how we are running the store now. Funny how our scores for cleanliness are dropping a little each week.

Yeah and it happens everywhere (except Minnesota's test stores apparently). I give our cashiers to the mean eye and all of them know when I back up, I will observe their speed. Its funny how slow they ring guests up when a leader is not there, yet when the leader is backing up next to them, they are moving fast... Theres def no let up here on out til past the holiday season so...

But when shelves are empty and wrecked, call boxes go off and a line backed up more then the freeway at rush hour your check lanes can wait. There comes a point where I and my team have to get our job done. Cause "I was backing up" is not an excuse for not getting it done.

But when shelves are empty and wrecked, call boxes go off and a line backed up more then the freeway at rush hour your check lanes can wait. There comes a point where I and my team have to get our job done. Cause "I was backing up" is not an excuse for not getting it done.

What stores do you work in where the entires sales floor team back up for their entire shift?!

What stores do you work in where the entires sales floor team back up for their entire shift?!

My store yesterday. Since cashiers don't like to come to work on weekends, one of the hard lines SFtm had to cashier for his entire shift since 4 cashiers called out by 8:30am. The mid and closing GSA had called out too. On a busy weekend it takes one caf round to back up the line like that the other Hard lines tm was covering breaks, lunches and mostly backing up. It left the two of us to cover the floor, calls and clear the line. Oh and help POG set get the xmas light displays installed, since they ran out of time and overnight backstocked them all. There are other things going on, but those details would out my store.

Our STL? In her office never saw her after huddle. ETL GE? Unless you want a Redcard, he has no time for you. He only rings a guest if it means a red card.

My store yesterday. Since cashiers don't like to come to work on weekends, one of the hard lines SFtm had to cashier for his entire shift since 4 cashiers called out by 8:30am. The mid and closing GSA had called out too. On a busy weekend it takes one caf round to back up the line like that the other Hard lines tm was covering breaks, lunches and mostly backing up. It left the two of us to cover the floor, calls and clear the line. Oh and help POG set get the xmas light displays installed, since they ran out of time and overnight backstocked them all. There are other things going on, but those details would out my store.

Our STL? In her office never saw her after huddle. ETL GE? Unless you want a Redcard, he has no time for you. He only rings a guest if it means a red card.

"One of the" doesn't mean "all." Yeah, it sucks. But it doesn't change the fact that Guests are the top priority. I don't understand why saying that leads to some inane defense of all there is to do on the sales floor, as if that were ever in question. Duh, of course there's tons of shit to do, and it sucks not having enough people to get the job done, and it sucks being pulled away from your task constantly. Isn't it annoying having all these customers eager to give us their money so long as we're there to take it? Man, the nerve of these people, patronizing our establishment! They should know better.

"One of the" doesn't mean "all." Yeah, it sucks. But it doesn't change the fact that Guests are the top priority. I don't understand why saying that leads to some inane defense of all there is to do on the sales floor, as if that were ever in question. Duh, of course there's tons of shit to do, and it sucks not having enough people to get the job done, and it sucks being pulled away from your task constantly. Isn't it annoying having all these customers eager to give us their money so long as we're there to take it? Man, the nerve of these people, patronizing our establishment! They should know better.

You take their money, sales floor gives them a reason to spend it. If they don't find what they want to buy guess what? You never see that guest. Two sides same coin.

You take their money, sales floor gives them a reason to spend it. If they don't find what they want to buy guess what? You never see that guest. Two sides same coin.

Heck, Ive come into my own store to see 1 actual cashier and 3 back ups because only 1 cashier was scheduled until 10 am. This is an A volume store. I truly feel sorry for the back up cashiers because it's all but impossible to do the job they were hired to do.
However, that is how corporate wants it. Cornell has been praised for his aggressive cost cutting and how Target has beaten out both Walmart and Kohls last quarter, both of which revised downward their quarterly earnings forecasts.

I work in Electronics so It doesn't matter. Either way I am screwed...... They are really starting to nail people left and right. Yelling at people for not getting enough Red Cards yelling at people for getting enough Service plans. I do get red cards everyday I am one of the lucky ones but however there are the days I am not so lucky and I do get yelled at. Can I transfer to the sales floor? Nope..... They need me in electronics. I really do not have a choice. I am screwed.....

Back