I'm Lost! The REDCard Thread

Q: If I have a debit RC and lost it, how do I get it replaced?

Hardmode: I don't have it linked to an online account (afaik) as I activated it over the phone. I also don't have the card # handy.

Help?
The target red card app can help you on this matter.
Red card hotline can issue a new one. I don’t have the number on me but just google it and it’ll come up. IIRC it ends in 6888

Q: If I have a debit RC and lost it, how do I get it replaced?

Hardmode: I don't have it linked to an online account (afaik) as I activated it over the phone. I also don't have the card # handy.

Help?

Call the RedCard Guest Services number (1-888-729-7331). The prompts will keep asking you for your card number but after 6 times asking it will tell you what to do if you've lost your card.

Our still or etls doesn't pressure us anymore for red cards! It's been awhile now like a year and so happy about it! I hope it will stay like that lol,

I bet REDcards come back soon.

The goals should be coming down to reasonable levels because they're based on what we did last year. 20-25 REDcards a week isn't TOO unreasonable, but personally I think my A volume store's goal should be 10 a week (about how many we actually get)

I bet REDcards come back soon.

The goals should be coming down to reasonable levels because they're based on what we did last year. 20-25 REDcards a week isn't TOO unreasonable, but personally I think my A volume store's goal should be 10 a week (about how many we actually get)
20-25 may not be unreasonable for some stores but for others it is. I just think the goal should be what you got the same week last year plus a couple. That would be reasonable.

20-25 may not be unreasonable for some stores but for others it is. I just think the goal should be what you got the same week last year plus a couple. That would be reasonable.

I was talking about my store's goal. The weekly goal is different for each store because it's a forecast assuming that you'll get the same amount as last year, plus more. The problem is almost a third of my store's guests (and it's even higher at other stores) already HAVE REDcards, so it's becoming harder and harder to actually process new REDcard applications. I don't think a single store in my district has been green on REDcards since like 2015.

Is Target Restock everywhere yet? Where can I officially find out more? Because yeah, that could be a good pointer on the floor.

I'll usually ask the wife what the issue is with her husband....why doesn't he want a RedCard?
Sometimes it is a reasonable answer.

I also get a lot of people telling me that they are getting ready to move and that the bank tells them to wait on applying for a credit card.....that's when you tell them that they can get the card as a debit..... while the loan comes through.

The only reasonable answer is when someone says that they have a card that is an airline card.....we can't compete with that.

I'll usually ask the wife what the issue is with her husband....why doesn't he want a RedCard?
Sometimes it is a reasonable answer.

I also get a lot of people telling me that they are getting ready to move and that the bank tells them to wait on applying for a credit card.....that's when you tell them that they can get the card as a debit..... while the loan comes through.

The only reasonable answer is when someone says that they have a card that is an airline card.....we can't compete with that.
Asking a woman what the issue with her husband is could be seen as invasive. I would avoid that.

I put in that there's a credit version and a debit version that works with their existing bank account in the initial spiel.
Same. I’m barely ever on the lanes anymore but when I am it’s usually

Are you saving 5% with your redcard
No
Would you like to sign up and get 5% and free shipping with no minimum? It comes in credit or debit

I am cursed when it comes to red cards, I think, but I have had two successes when I estimated that day's savings after the total came up.

One of our long-time older cashiers could always get the wives to open accounts by stressing that women needed their own credit.
They always said "Oh, we have JOINT credit."
She'd explain that joint accounts mean that there are two card-holders but the name that appears on the bill is the account-holder.
She also went on to tell about what happened after her husband died, that all the accounts were in his name & upon his death they were all closed so she had to start all over establishing her own credit.
One time she had three ladies in line who signed up one after the other.

Another RC exclusive this week - extra 10% off rugs and indoor furniture, in addition to the normal 5%, through tomorrow midnight PST. Online only.

Earlier today I overheard GSTL coaching (not in a disciplinary way) a TM on prompts to sell RCs to the guests. One if the comments he made was "it's not a credit card". It was the end of the GSTLs shift and the start of mine so I couldn't follow up in the moment.

Say what? I mean, yeah, it's not a Visa or MasterCard. But it is a line of credit.

Anyone else hearing this one at their stores that can explain?

Back