I'm Lost! The Target Dating Thread

Are TL's even allowed to date HR?

Last edited:
Pretty sure HR is not allowed to date anyone.

That's what I assumed but no one seems to care that a TL is dating our HR manager at my store, and no they aren't even being secretive about it.

This isn't dating but it's the same thing, basically. I have two cashiers, brother and sister. Brother wants to be promoted to GSA, which he obviously can't do while sister is a cashier. Opinions seem to differ on how far we would have to move sister, though. He was told by someone that she could work electronics, another person said that wouldn't work and she'd have to transfer to sales floor or br, and another team lead told him one of them would have to transfer stores. A little clarity here?

Its GSA, not a team lead position. At my store it wouldn't even be an issue because the GSTL is still the person the cashier/sister is reporting to.

My BF has started to think about leadership (which I completely support!) but the only downside is that he doesn't want to do it at his store. The only options would be my store or one on the other side of town. While I would have zero issues with my BF being a peer at my store, would it be better to persuade him to look at the other one if I have aspirations of further promotion?

The 'guidelines' are well laid out in the OP but I guess I'm more or less looking for opinions on the situation. Has anyone specifically worked with their spouse as an LOD or vice versa?

This isn't dating but it's the same thing, basically. I have two cashiers, brother and sister. Brother wants to be promoted to GSA, which he obviously can't do while sister is a cashier. Opinions seem to differ on how far we would have to move sister, though. He was told by someone that she could work electronics, another person said that wouldn't work and she'd have to transfer to sales floor or br, and another team lead told him one of them would have to transfer stores. A little clarity here?

They are both TM positions so technically neither of them should have to move. It's a bit of a gray area though and the rules vary from store to store.

Ok odd scenario I ran into today regarding this. Team Lead and Someone who is signed off for the team lead bench. Currently this person reports to the team lead in question. Thoughts?

With CVS about to take over the pharmacy and no longer be considered team members does that make it okay AP to date them now? Or is it still technically a conflict of interest. I know at one point our APTL was dating the mobile manager openly and it was fine cause they werent considered a team member.

So a guy that works on flow, got his girlfrend hired on as flow. They work side by side next to each other everyday. I have never seen them apart, When they work on non truck days to do other things like instocks or pulls, they are scheduled together and they will work together the whole day. their schedules are completely identical. Why is this okay?! other people on flow get in trouble for talking to their friends, but this couple is together 24/7 during work

So a guy that works on flow, got his girlfrend hired on as flow. They work side by side next to each other everyday. I have never seen them apart, When they work on non truck days to do other things like instocks or pulls, they are scheduled together and they will work together the whole day. their schedules are completely identical. Why is this okay?! other people on flow get in trouble for talking to their friends, but this couple is together 24/7 during work

Because they obviously work well together.

We have a lot of that actually. It's only a problem when they break up....and they always break up :(

It's only a problem when they break up....and they always break up :(
And sometimes there's fireworks
tCp90.gif

Too lazy to backread. Hanging out with your team member is it ok? Im like SBTL and I eat out with my barrista is that not good? just eat out. not a date. happened 1 time. is that in the handbook?

thanks

And sometimes there's fireworks
tCp90.gif
Did I ever tell you the story of the girl that worked SFS? She hated my guts when she first saw me but I reeled her in with my wit and charm. Plus I took all my lunches and breaks when she did so she basically just gave up and finally agreed to give me her number so I'd go away. It backfired big time and we're now married with a baby due in 5 weeks!

Did I ever tell you the story of the girl that worked SFS? She hated my guts when she first saw me but I reeled her in with my wit and charm. Plus I took all my lunches and breaks when she did so she basically just gave up and finally agreed to give me her number so I'd go away. It backfired big time and we're now married with a baby due in 5 weeks!
Get your sleep in, while you can. Check clearance stuff in baby for deals.

"Every success I've ever had at my job or with the lady-folk has come from my ability to slowly and painfully wear someone down."

The Office applies to everything.

Back