The Things Guests Do/Pet Peeves Thread

I wanted to cry the day I looked over at a table and the guest in front of it apparently wanted a shirt at the bottom of the stack as she picked up the top one and just dropped it off to the side (luckily still on the table) and did the same thing to all the rest until she got to the bottom one, picked it up, held it out, looked it over and then dropped it on the rest and walked away. I so, so wanted to say something but I was still in my first 90 days.

I'm curious does anyone ever say anything to guest when they
  1. Leave their Starbucks cup on the shelf and walk away
  2. Break/Spills something and walks away without trying to find a TM
  3. Brings down furniture/chairs/lamps/f-ing anything and just leaves it on the floor..and walks away
  4. Starts wrecking the SL tables
I cannot take it anymore, I don't go off the chain but now I'm more than willing to take a coaching to let these people know that above anything else it's purely disrespectful.
/rant

I called out 2 quests in shoes this week. Pulled a bunch of hanging sandals off the wall. I was pushing truck and had already zoned that area. As they were walking away I asked them if they were going to purchase any of the shoes on the floor. One girl came back and hung them back up. I also thank people for putting shoes back. It us a

I can see me saying "Um, excuse me, you forgot to take your cup with you" while handing them their abandoned SBux cup.
I shame people into doing the right thing all the time but always while smiling and acting like I'm doing them a favour.
I'm fairly manipulative when I have time to actually think about it.

I can see me saying "Um, excuse me, you forgot to take your cup with you" while handing them their abandoned SBux cup.
I shame people into doing the right thing all the time but always while smiling and acting like I'm doing them a favour.

Good for you. Passive aggression is the way to go in retail.

Been said a bazillion times re: phones but, guests that are too busy yapping on their damn phones to pay attention to when I set their bags on the counter and just walk out after paying, leaving me to bring 3-4 bags worth of paid-and-left stuff...

Seriously, get off your damn phone for 2 seconds.

If my phone had not been in my locker I'd have one heck of a picture for this thread. Someone took 20 clearance items of a variety of sizes from different clearance racks and made a big pile in the center of the walkway space between clearance and non-clearance. Who does that????

If my phone had not been in my locker I'd have one heck of a picture for this thread. Someone took 20 clearance items of a variety of sizes from different clearance racks and made a big pile in the center of the walkway space between clearance and non-clearance. Who does that????
Someone who hates Softlines...

Good for you. Passive aggression is the way to go in retail.

ooh do you guys have any more suggestions for passive aggressive responses? That's usually my go to approach because on the front end, I'm passive aggressive by nature, plus it feels like we are held to a higher standard both my guests and spot to put up with their shit. For example, with guests who ask for double bag when they absolutely don't need it (double bagging one bag of chips? Really??) I inform them about our reusable bag discount. When they get mad and demand to know if we're charging for bags? I just smile and go "Of course not! It's our way of encouraging our guests to reduce waste and do something good for the planet we live on!" As sappily and enthusiastically as possible. Next thing you know, they've got a reusable bag or single bag it like everyone else.

ooh do you guys have any more suggestions for passive aggressive responses? That's usually my go to approach because on the front end, I'm passive aggressive by nature, plus it feels like we are held to a higher standard both my guests and spot to put up with their shit. For example, with guests who ask for double bag when they absolutely don't need it (double bagging one bag of chips? Really??) I inform them about our reusable bag discount. When they get mad and demand to know if we're charging for bags? I just smile and go "Of course not! It's our way of encouraging our guests to reduce waste and do something good for the planet we live on!" As sappily and enthusiastically as possible. Next thing you know, they've got a reusable bag or single bag it like everyone else.
"Could you double bag my banana?" (As dirty as that sounds, its happened) God, what are these people having demolition derbies with their produce? Lord.

"Could you double bag my banana?" (As dirty as that sounds, its happened) God, what are these people having demolition derbies with their produce? Lord.
I know right? And our store leadership is notoriously cheap, so we run out of bags regularly and have to practically ration them. I once had to make a pallet of bags last a week and a half. You can believe I was insufferable to the double baggers. Oh and the already wrapped pillows double bagged. Really?! (And how have I not noticed L as your profile pic this long? lol)

People who dont know what they want seriously piss me off

They want this thing they heard of, they dont know what its called and can vaguely recall what it does but they need it

Or they want x electronic item but did 0 resarch on it and expect me to fuckin be geek squad over here and tell them every detail of every single model we have

look people i just sell this shit if i happen to know about it i swear its a coincidence or something im interested in

and no there isnt anyone else in electronics g o d

(And how have I not noticed L as your profile pic this long? lol)
I just changed it a few days ago. :)His face is essentially my face at work half the time lol. We've had to ration bags too, though not because we're cheap. Part of it is the guest's that will insist to have a single onion at a time in 3 separate bags. :rolleyes:

It's almost hilarious that we'll say: I'm sorry, but we're out of paper / plastic so this is going to have to do; and they'll roll their eyes and say "Well, OK..." like we're lying or something lol

I just changed it a few days ago. :)His face is essentially my face at work half the time lol. We've had to ration bags too, though not because we're cheap. Part of it is the guest's that will insist to have a single onion at a time in 3 separate bags. :rolleyes:

It's almost hilarious that we'll say: I'm sorry, but we're out of paper / plastic so this is going to have to do; and they'll roll their eyes and say "Well, OK..." like we're lying or something lol
haha Ginoza (my current pic) is mine all the time. I side-eye guests over my glasses like there's no tomorrow! It's interesting how many Target tms like anime. My ETL once pulled me into her office because the watchlist I and another GSA suggested to our STL didn't include her favorite…

haha Ginoza (my current pic) is mine all the time. I side-eye guests over my glasses like there's no tomorrow! It's interesting how many Target tms like anime. My ETL once pulled me into her office because the watchlist I and another GSA suggested to our STL didn't include her favorite…
Oh shit that might out me, but eh…I don't think that particular ETL would care about me using TBR.

They want this thing they heard of, they dont know what its called and can vaguely recall what it does but they need it

Or they want x electronic item but did 0 resarch on it and expect me to fuckin be geek squad over here and tell them every detail of every single model we have

look people i just sell this shit if i happen to know about it i swear its a coincidence or something im interested in

"I need ham and turkey." And they just stand there. Waiting. How much do they need? "Oh, I don't know. Enough for a week?" Dude, I don't know how much meat you put on your sandwiches or how many you eat in a week! The kicker is they never know which ham or turkey they want. Sweet? Smoked? Bland? Spicy? They always look at me like a deer in the headlights and usually end up walking away with my favorite choices or the most popular meats...

And yeah, Target TMs are very often at least into some anime/manga and sometimes ridiculously nerdy. Even some of the significantly older ones, which never fails to put a smile on my face.

i get people asking me "which one of x products is better?" like ummmmm i dont know???? or the occasional "is this product good? does it have good reviews?" ... like how am i suppose to know?

Ah, pet peeve time again:

When they can't articulate just what in the fuck they want. They ask where they can find [that thing] but don't explain what it is, what it does, don't have a name for it, and basically just waste my time.

Case in point:

Them: do you have one of those copper things that help with knee pain?
Me: I'm not sure, is it like socks?
Them: no, it's got copper in it.
Me: is it ointment?
Them: no, it's like those things you put on your arm to stop swelling.
Me: is it a compression bandage?
Them: yeah, that's it.
Me: *searches mydevice/zebra thingie using 700 search terms and comes up with zilch*
Me: I'm not finding any compression bandages with copper in them.
Them: Well it's like those things that you wear around your neck.
Me: [getting angry now] Uh, what?
Them: You put it around your neck and it keeps your arm still.
Me: OH A SLING???
Me: *already typing "sling" into search field*
Them: YES!!!
Me: nope, we don't sell slings but [insert name of local surgical supply company] carries them and your doctor can write a prescription for it.
Them: that's not what I want, it has copper in it.
Me: well, if it's not a compression bandage and it's not ointment and it's not a sling, then is it a bracelet type thing?
Them: IT'S NOT FOR MY WRIST, IT'S FOR MY KNEE.
Me: uh, is it compression socks?
Me: *silently wishes for death*
Them: yeah, compression socks, that's it.
Me: *sends them to correct aisle*

I'm not kidding, this happened this week. I wanted to die.

That almost sounds like the time I had a guest come through my lane

Me: Did you find everything all right today?
Guest: (Loud, overexaggerated sigh) No. You didn't have the drink I wanted I've asked everybody *back there* and they couldn't help me.
Me: Oh? Can I ask what kind of drink it was that you're looking for?
*Guest whips out their phone, showing me a drink that I've never even heard of and that I'm 99% we don't have in the store*
Me: Oh, uh, I've actually never heard of that, but maybe [local grocery store] carries it.
Guest: (Another loud, overexaggerated sigh) You and everybody else. WHY HAVE NONE OF YOU HEARD OF THIS DRINK?!

Good lord, it's just a drink. We're not a full-blown grocery store. We don't carry everything on the damn planet...:rolleyes:

So glad we get to charge for bags. Love when extreme cheap folks try to carry everything in their hands

Back