The Things Guests Do/Pet Peeves Thread

Or ice cream in the soda machines.
Actually, we used to get things like yogurt and lunch meat in the soda machines. They liked to leave the ice cream in the middle of an aisle (no where near the freezer section) so it could just melt all over everything.
Then there was the time I found a Halloween Barbie in the freezer. Poor thing had little icycle hanging from her nose :D.

"Excuse me! Can I get some help ova here?!" Oh and, stay the fuck out of my electronics boat, the call button works just fine you don't need to go back there and press the backup button because you're an impatient fuck.

"Excuse me! Can I get some help ova here?!" Oh and, stay the fuck out of my electronics boat, the call button works just fine you don't need to go back there and press the backup button because you're an impatient fuck.

"Please do not go behind the electronics desk, buddy. That's a huge no-no" Talk to the guest like they're a fucking baby if they do that shit...lmao it's easy to claim you were being cutesy about it if the guest complains to your LOD or something...but really I feel so much power underhandedly insulting someone if they're mean or rude to me at work.

Disclaimer-we don't have a cart attendant all the time. Lazy, calls in or hours.

Watched several guests pick thought the carts for a dry cart....

We even made sure to have dry carts available too!

We might've already discussed this, but this! is one of my pet peeves (no pun intended)...not only at Target, but anywhere. Do you *really* need to bring Fido everywhere?

Fake service dogs are becoming a problem

Omg, this is a huge one for me. I cannot stand seeing someone's pet dog in their cart. Iirc we are not allowed to ask if someone's dog is a service dog here in CA??

I was at Home Depot last weekend and a lady there had a pit bull on a leash. It wasn't long before I heard it barking and growling and she could barely control it. I figured she would have had the common sense to leave, right? Nope. Not 10 minutes later I see her again with the dog....and as I'm watching her I notice another customer with his dog in his cart.

Something is going to have to change and it better be soon before something bad happens. I would hate to see a child mauled for people to wake up and realize this is getting out of hand.

Omg, this is a huge one for me. I cannot stand seeing someone's pet dog in their cart. Iirc we are not allowed to ask if someone's dog is a service dog here in CA??

It's also a company wide policy. You can't ask which is dumb, some people don't even try to fake it.

We get a lot of people bring their pet dogs in bc there is a pet smart 2 stores down which they are allowed there and if they are a service dog then fine but the nerve of people.

Once this lady straight up brought her puppy in a stroller. Then there are the bag dogs, pretty sure they aren't service dogs lol, lately ive seen a lot of puppies and its like this is NOT petsmart!

I was at Home Depot last weekend and a lady there had a pit bull on a leash. It wasn't long before I heard it barking and growling and she could barely control it. I figured she would have had the common sense to leave, right? Nope. Not 10 minutes later I see her again with the dog....and as I'm watching her I notice another customer with his dog in his cart.

Something is going to have to change and it better be soon before something bad happens. I would hate to see a child mauled for people to wake up and realize this is getting out of hand.
HD allows pets, but if you can't control your damn pet, leave them at home! Being overpowered like that isn't enjoyable for them, either!

I have the sweetest dog in the world, but he doeent realize not everyone in the world wants to pet him or receive his kisses, so I leave him at home unless we are going to PetSmart or somewhere like that.

I had a lady with a "service" dog that was not trained. He was standing up to see over the SD counter! I asked if he was "one the job" because he had no vest on. She said, oh, I just got him, I guess he's not fully trained.

Bullshit. I called bullshit.

A lady started to set her 'comfort dog' (basically a purse pooch) on my counter when I said nope, food service standards trump your 'comfort animal'.
She had to set 'Poopsie' on a chair.

Federal law actually allows you to ask two questions.

First if it's a service animal and if it is, which duties it's been trained to perform.

Target, being lawsuit adverse, just says let them be.
my store said don't ask but if the dog is causing problems to radio LOD. if the dog is well behaved and not bothering any one it's not a huge deal

my store said don't ask but if the dog is causing problems to radio LOD. if the dog is well behaved and not bothering any one it's not a huge deal

At our store as long as the dog is well behaved they can come in. Also we have a big box pet store near by so they also come over. If anyone has questions or complains we refer to LOD.

At our store as long as the dog is well behaved they can come in. Also we have a big box pet store near by so they also come over. If anyone has questions or complains we refer to LOD.
The only dog that I know of that has caused "problems" was a stray that wandered in when a thunderstorm was approaching. Thankfully the store was nearly empty, so a small group of very distracted and amused TMs was not a problem. :D

Back