The Things Guests Do/Pet Peeves Thread

DBZ

I was laughing on the inside when this one guest who was using SCO had 3 things come up with "how much is this?". The tickets had obviously been switched. I was lowkey impressed at how well she switched them. She didn't just peal off a sticker from something else. I keyed in the correct dcpi. I hope like hell she was embarrassed.

The good thing about it is we will never be those people that stop and stand in the middle of an aisle blocking everyone or get in anyone’s way ever because we are just way too self aware
Oh GOD I had some lady look at me pulling a water pallet today, and stop her cart right in my path, walk away from it to look at some hearth and hand, and had the nerve to say “excuse me” like I was gonna get out of the way when she was done.

Normally I’m meh but it was water and I had to stop the pallet to wait.

Guest walks into SCO: “hOw dO I pRiCe ChEcK”

umm you
1) look at the shelf you got it from
2) scan it with the app
3) use one of the MULTIPLE price scanners throughout the store, including the one you walked past to get here that I am looking right at!
4) scan it on the machine and if you decide you don’t want it ask me to remove it??

why do people think if they want to know the price of something the first thing to do is to head to self checkout

side note fuck the people that walk up, scan an item to see how much it is and just walk away like wtf

PackAndCry

Furniture, Call Button One
It's like, I don't understand the people who walk right in the door and head straight to the service desk or the person watching the lanes and demand someone meet them at the coffee makers or whatever. Do these people not know how to shop without being babied? Is it a foreign concept that they can browse without someone saying "HERE'S THE COFFEE MAKERS, STUPID."

Bonus points since 90% of the time, whatever poor TM heads to whatever department to meet them can't find them since they do other shopping first.

happygoth

reshop till I drop
It's like, I don't understand the people who walk right in the door and head straight to the service desk or the person watching the lanes and demand someone meet them at the coffee makers or whatever. Do these people not know how to shop without being babied? Is it a foreign concept that they can browse without someone saying "HERE'S THE COFFEE MAKERS, STUPID."

Bonus points since 90% of the time, whatever poor TM heads to whatever department to meet them can't find them since they do other shopping first.
Maybe it seems more egregious to us because we work in retail, but I heartily agree. How do people get through life without knowing how to figure out the most basic things by themselves? I only ask for help if I really need it or if a sales associate asks me if I need help and I might as well have them point me in the right direction, since they asked. After that, I should be able to figure out which coffee pot or vacuum is right for me. I usually do research online first to figure out what will suit my needs before I shop.

Amanda Cantwell

Service Advocate
Maybe it seems more egregious to us because we work in retail, but I heartily agree. How do people get through life without knowing how to figure out the most basic things by themselves? I only ask for help if I really need it or if a sales associate asks me if I need help and I might as well have them point me in the right direction, since they asked. After that, I should be able to figure out which coffee pot or vacuum is right for me. I usually do research online first to figure out what will suit my needs before I shop.
Same. Like coffee makers— I would walk to the home appliances or kitchen. I would only ask if I was in a rush and needed to go right there and grab the one I want, but in that case I would’ve done order pickup.

Tessa120

I escaped the asylum!
I'm actually kinda mystified that people are bothered by being asked to find someone to help them. So they go in knowing what they need and what they want and knowing they need a little help to make it happen. They'll be satisfied with the help and on their way long before the impulse or uninformed shopper is done with comparing boxes and wanting information on each from a sales floor TM.

Amanda Cantwell

Service Advocate
I'm actually kinda mystified that people are bothered by being asked to find someone to help them. So they go in knowing what they need and what they want and knowing they need a little help to make it happen. They'll be satisfied with the help and on their way long before the impulse or uninformed shopper is done with comparing boxes and wanting information on each from a sales floor TM.
I’m not anti-guests asking for help. I just think it’s funny they can’t look 10 feet in the air at the giant “beauty” sign before asking where beauty is

seasonaldude

That Asshole in OPU
Or like when someone walks in and asks you where every single thing on their shopping list is. Like omg just walk around you’ll find it
Honestly, those were my favorite guests working toys in Q4 last year. It was always some grandma who had a list of toys the kiddos wanted and no idea whatsoever what the toys actually were. No problem helping the guests find those items. I knew what and where they were. Some little kid is going to have a good Christmas. And, I've just killed a lot of time not doing anything particularly strenuous that is leadership approved.