The Things Guests Do/Pet Peeves Thread

I hate when guests kids play on the cash registers ( next register) oooh isn't it so adorable!!! They play with the keys while the parents are A- Chatting on the phone B- Talking to another parent C- Not paying attention When the parents finally get a clue they say oh so sorrry!!!!! ( mumbling to myself) ya sure,,,,,,,,,,,,,, They just shut off the cash register........ They just pulled off a bunch of bags!! Another good one is when guests reach over the counter to grab your bags. Rude much?? Another pet peeve is when guests kids sit where I put the bags!

I once had something similar happen to me when I was covering a cashier shift. This little boy kept sneaking behind me to grab stuff from my go-back bin, and his mom wasn't paying attention. So I just gave him the biggest "You don't want to go there, because if you do, you will know true terror" stare, and he scuttled back to his mom. *flex*

Anyone who approaches from the side while I am CLEARLY helping out someone else needs to be slapped upside the head..

This. The best part is when they clearly see you helping a guest, and you can see them trying to get your attention by either hovering around your line of sight or actually saying, "Excuse me".

Patience, people. There is enough of my help to go around! But no, I won't stop helping a guest if you interrupt me while I'm trying to help them.

I'm so excited to add to this...

Guests that walk off and leave their empty cart in the CHECKLANE. I've even seen this go down when there is someone behind them! Rude!

Also leaving the cart in front of the door or push the cart up to where the rest of the carts are lined up, but only push it to the side of all the lined up carts so that everyone else follows suit for whatever reason.

Accusing me of false advertising because they can't read signs correctly. Also getting pissed about not getting a million gift cards because they should get a 5.00 gift card for every 25.00 in school supplies and then getting mad at me because it's supposed to be per transaction.

Getting pissed because you don't have the receipt and you want cash back... Or coming in with a gift receipt and getting pissed because you get a gift card. .

Oh and here's the crown jewel... Christmas Eve, I repeat CHRISTMAS EVE while I was super huge pregnant, a lady walks up to me with this heavy ass box (it was some sort of motorized scooter or something) asked if we price matched Kmart, and when I tried to explain that we didn't, she cut me off and threw the box down in front of my feet and walked off. So yeah, it was Christmas Eve, I was noticeably pregnant, and she is rude and drops a box I obviously can't lift at my feet.

Ooo... And one I almost forgot... Guests who can't get it through their head that the debit card is NOT A CREDIT CARD!!!

I really hate it when guests will try to get my attention when I'm on break/lunch/not working yet/just got off and I have either headphones on, a drink in my hand, my cell phone in another, or my purse (sometimes all of the above!!). They do this so so so often, and I kind of just ignore them, especially if I have my phone or headphones on. One guest tried to get me to help them when I was sitting at Starbucks...drinking a frapp. Go away, all of you. I'm clearly not working. At this point I pretty much show up to work with two shirts. Stick a normal one on when I'm not working and take it off when I am.

Walking to breakroom when I spot three chicks looking at rugs. "Hehe, hahaha. Oh look at this one!" One proceeded to start tearing the paper wrapping and unroll this FIVE FOOT rug because the display pic was clearly illustrated to deceive potential patrons. But then she caught my stare of livid-ness and went straight poker face.

I think I've posted this one before in another thread.

Me: "What's the name on the order?"
Guest: "John Guest. Gee you eee ess tee."
Me: (internally screaming) 'I know how to #$%^ing spell.'

I think I've posted this one before in another thread.

Me: "What's the name on the order?"
Guest: "John Guest. Gee you eee ess tee."
Me: (internally screaming) 'I know how to #$%^ing spell.'
To give the guest credit, you might, but from experience, the gust may be tired of other idiots mispell their very easy to spell name.
It is surprising to me how often people misspell my name.

Let's see, here are mine:
  1. "Excuse me, do you work here?" No. Even though I have on this red shirt, a name tag with TARGET, and a radio talking on my hip, I do not work here. I am an employee.
  2. Guests that will hunt me down to ask the above question.
  3. Guests that ask that question when I am on a register doing back up.
  4. Guests who leave cold/frozen food in the laundry detergent aisle.
  5. Guests who leave cold/frozen food anywhere that is not a freezer/cooler.
  6. Guests messing up the cereal as soon as I done it while I am putting away pulls right in in front of me!
  7. Guests in grocery in general.

Guests (adult & children) coughing right in your face. Yes, I'm behind the checkout but there is no barrier to contain your disgustingness! When you cough and I can feel the air and germs from you're nasty mouth envelope my face, I REALLY want to punch you in the throat. I'm just getting over a cold and now I'm feeling it coming back again you fucking whore!

Guests that put their items in the re useable bags and put the bags on the belt making me have to empty said bags then put the stuff back in said bags, drives me freaking crazy :confused::mad:

Chip card stuff (I hear that honking noise in my nightmares)

Guests that grab the plastic bags from the holder causing more than one bag to come off the holder (makes me want to commence neck snapping) because they are too damn impatient for me to grab them off the holder and hand it to them.

What drives me nuts is guests, and they are ALWAYS from a certain racial, gender and age bracket- ALWAYS- asking for/demanding extra plastic bags. I don't know why this drives me nuts, but it does.

Bonus points to whoever can pick out the ethnic group/sex/age bracket I'm talking about. Maybe it's just my area...

What drives me nuts is guests, and they are ALWAYS from a certain racial, gender and age bracket- ALWAYS- asking for/demanding extra plastic bags. I don't know why this drives me nuts, but it does.

Bonus points to whoever can pick out the ethnic group/sex/age bracket I'm talking about. Maybe it's just my area...

Old asian ladies!!!

Old white men and women, at least around here

"Hi I just placed an online order, but I was already shopping in the store so I went and picked up everything. Can you authorize it [[even though the Flex team ain't done it]] so it'll get paid through Paypal?"

Oh my god don't place an online order if you're already here you assholes, you're wasting our time!!!

Me: hi, are you picking up?
Guest: John
Me: okay, and the last name?
Guest: January 1
Me: can I have the last name?
Guest: It's lisinopril
Me: okay, but I need your last name...
Guest: my doctor should have called it in...
Me: can I have your full name or complete date of birth?!?!?!
Guest: it's not ready? It should have been called in yesterday...
Me: I need your last name or date of birth to look it up....
Guest: you don't know? I'm in here all the time...
Me: I interact with hundreds of people on a weekly basis. I don't remember every person's name. Can you just give it to me for the love of Pete?!?!?!
Guest: well, you just had to ask....it's John Doe. January 1, 1970.
SMDH!!!!!

Guests that put their items in the re useable bags and put the bags on the belt making me have to empty said bags then put the stuff back in said bags, drives me freaking crazy :confused::mad:

Chip card stuff (I hear that honking noise in my nightmares)

Guests that grab the plastic bags from the holder causing more than one bag to come off the holder (makes me want to commence neck snapping) because they are too damn impatient for me to grab them off the holder and hand it to them.

I despise when guests leave full baskets/bags on the belt. I will usually ask nicely if they can please place the items on the belt and they comply. But if they don't, I'll just turn the basket/bag upside down and proceed to ring. :)

The guest who reaches over really pisses me off. I wonder if they lean over a person's cubicle wall and grab items off their desks. I equate it as the same thing.

Back