The Things Guests Do/Pet Peeves Thread

How has this not been said yet? My BIGGEST pet peeve is when the GSTL goes through their usual celebratory speech about a cashier getting a red card. Calm down! Enough with the "woo-hoos!"

At least at my store, if I wasn't "peppy" enough the LOD would usually tell me to take it up a notch. Believe me, we don't want to do it either.

when other flow tm's bring me softlines items they found randomly in an aisle. do I look like I have time to deal with your fucking reshop? do I bring you random crap I found over in softlines? no. bring it to guest services or the fitting room like a decent human being.

TMs on Flow who work the unload but don't wear deodorant...and leave a trail of BO behind for the rest of the day.

Flow TMs who open a large casepack, take one item out, then set the open case on a backstock tub.
This. I work flow, I know I work up a hell of a sweat sometimes and had to change deodorant to something that works. But we've got one TM who half an hour in, alkdjfalkjfaljf. A softlines TM once remarked that the receiving end where we unload smells like "sweaty men and garbage."

Tms that act like a team lead/LOD when they obviously aren't.

Tms who treat the tms who are lazying around like a team lead/LOD.
This too. Got a coworker who at a previous job was in some kind of leadership position and has a bit of a "I'm used to being in charge and thinking my subordinates coworkers might not be capable of independent thought." On the one hand, its good to have somebody who can help provide focus when the TL isn't around. On the other hand, getting real sick of "I don't like how this is done so I'm going to go off and do my own thing" or "Let me explain to you how to do a task you've done before."

LODs who cut everyone off responding to back up requests because they Hop on the walkie right after a request is made and start shouting out everyone's name and asking whose responding???? And then yells at everyone for not responding when we physically cannot lol

Or with the call boxes.
"Fast service needed in Jewel-"
"OMG TEAM THE JEWELRY CALL BOX! WHO GOT IT? COME ON TEAM! GET THE JEWELRY CALL BOX! GUESTS ARE WAITING! WHO IS RESPON-"
"Please be quiet so we can hear the call box clear..."

When a TM working flow/reshoot can't find where something goes in HBA, so they just automatically bring it to pharmacy. No, we do not, nor have we EVER had bedoyecta behind the pharmacy counter!!!

I don't really see a huge issue with either of these, especially the latter.

I'm not a TL, nor on the bench to be one, but if someone asks for the LOD and has a question that I know the answer to I will respond via walkie. If I am scheduled somewhere other than the front end and someone at the front calls for the LOD, I will ask if the LOD wants me to attempt to handle it if I am nearby, they often respond for me to do so. I suppose that does potentially piss off the other GSA's (ie. by being presumptuous that I can solve whatever problem they have despite technically being their peer and not their "superior", but more often than not I am able to do so as I know the POS better than anyone else in the store, and am far less timid than three particular GSA's when it comes to just making judgment calls on my own).

And if someone is "lazying around", I have no issue with anyone telling them to get their act together. We don't come to work to do two persons workloads so as to make up for people slacking off. It's insulting to those that are working.

Now, if lazying around just means "working slower than someone else" then that's another can of worms. I'm not going to rip into someone for finishing 7 tasks in the time I take 10, nor am I going to try and micromanage their work for them, but if I am busting my ass while they are talking to their friend on the phone, you bet your ass I'll say something. If they're at food ave or on a checklane and texting away I'll even take their phone away.

Or with the call boxes.
"Fast service needed in Jewel-"
"OMG TEAM THE JEWELRY CALL BOX! WHO GOT IT? COME ON TEAM! GET THE JEWELRY CALL BOX! GUESTS ARE WAITING! WHO IS RESPON-"
"Please be quiet so we can hear the call box clear..."

I know it's like calm your tits and let us breathe for a second and respond

We have a BR TM at my store who acts like he's a TL. It's the most annoying thing in the world. No one in BR likes him. He even pisses the BR TL off. He does receiving once a week along side his BR duties. He even ignores TL's when they ask him to pull a POG for them. He does bare minimum most of the time and he'll pawn off tasks that he was told to do on other BR TMs. When he's asked to do a BR task when he is in receiving, he'll throw a shit fit about needing to wait for the milk vendor and "I'm not backroom!" So? We are a team. If something needs to be done, and you aren't busy. You SHOULD help. The milk vendor doesn't need him. Our milk vendor is great. He moves his shit on his own. He sometimes will even stamp his own paperwork when no one is there for him.

Last edited:
I hate when guests come up to the service desk and just say their name to me. Not, "Hi, I'm picking up my order." just "[Name]"

Sorry, no I don't have myGo installed in my brain.

Or they just go "Hey there should be a [insert product] being held here for me," cause that could be many things. Is it an online order? Guest hold? Did you call ahead to have the item placed on hold for you?

Or they just go "Hey there should be a [insert product] being held here for me," cause that could be many things. Is it an online order? Guest hold? Did you call ahead to have the item placed on hold for you?
We have a call button in photo where we're suppose to be doing online pickups (9/10 go to the service desk anyways). People will press the button, I'll come over and ask if they're picking up an online order or photos. They'll say online order, I'll take their ID, can't find it in MyGo, they'll throw a fit and bitch that it's suppose to be ready, and then they'll show me the email and it's photos that they ordered online. :confused::confused::confused:

How about guests that come to pick up orders that aren't ready yet.

"They'll email you when it's ready."

"They did!"

"That's a confirmation email....saying they'll email you when it's ready."

Half the time they continue to stand there like an idiot. I feel like telling them, "go away, now!"

Guests Patients who have to have their prescriptions filled with a specific manufacturer, UNTIL we don't have the full quantity in stock. Then, any manufacturer is fine because they don't want to wait ONE DAY for us to order the remainder, even though they ADMIT they "have plenty at home..."

Guests who reach over the counter and grab the bags taking them off the rack and sometimes I am like I am not finished bagging that........ Seriously rude much? Another good one is green planet I get you are saving the earth ( hey I am recycle too and reuse bags) but when I start bagging the bags and you say hey I have bags it is a tad annoying. A simple heads up like before you start bagging I brought bags ( I do this) it really makes things less annoying because guess what we aren't mind readers and we don't know what's under your mountains of food so we can't guess if you have re-usable bags.

Last edited:

"They did!"

Half the time they continue to stand there like an idiot. I feel like telling them, "go away, now!"
One lady came in looking for her order, it wasn't ready, and when I checked mygo she had placed the order 5 minutes before. "Oh I just placed the order then hopped in the car" so why did you bother placing an order in the first place?????? Also it wasn't for anything special, no coupon codes, etc. It was just a box of diapers.

I had a guy whose wife ordered a piece of furniture, then he came in the store walked over to where the furniture is, sees it on the shelf and asks me if he could take it off the shelf. I told him he had to go to guest services. He didn't like that because he had to wait in line and "couldn't he just take it off the shelf, it's right there". WTF? No, if it was that easy for you to come in and just take it off the shelf why didn't you just do that in the first place? Idiot. The best part was that he acted like I was the crazy person.

Last edited:
One lady came in looking for her order, it wasn't ready, and when I checked mygo she had placed the order 5 minutes before. "Oh I just placed the order then hopped in the car" so why did you bother placing an order in the first place?????? Also it wasn't for anything special, no coupon codes, etc. It was just a box of diapers.
Along the same lines...had a guest who called in a refill. I had JUST cleared out the queue when it popped up, so I KNOW she had JUST called it in. PLUS, the "time" on it was 2 hours from when I pulled it up. She shows up not even 5 minutes later and gets pissy because it's not ready. "Well, what's the point of calling it in if I have to wait when I get in here? All you have to do is throw some pills in a bottle and slap a label on it!" (The absolute WORST thing she could've said at that point:mad:) I said, "ma'am, you JUST called it in, we process them in the order in which they are received. I can get it ready, but there are 5 ahead of yours, so it's going to be a little bit. If you'd like to have a seat on the bench, I can call you when it's ready..." Needless to say, I took my sweet time doing it :cool:

People who can't understand that the display is considered "1" because it will eventually get sold when it goes clearance and they bitch because it still shows we have "some" online, and they "drove a long way"

....without calling first

Last edited:
exactly! in my opinion if you have no respect for the person who is serving you or ringing you out than you wont get the best service I can give you. I also prolong the transaction just a little by not pushing "total" right away... :D I know I might be childish at times but it feels good to say "Fuck you" without really saying it. :D

It's also saying fuck me.

If a guest is obnoxious the last thing I want to do is prolong my interaction with them. While I may not care about their time if they're a jackass, I do care about mine.

"They did!"

If they become before it's ready we just finish it while they're there.

Back