The Things Guests Do/Pet Peeves Thread

People who start speed talking on the phone the SECOND you answer, telling you they need X.....slow your roll and give me time to at least get to the right screen!

Example: Me: thank you for calling cvs at target, how...
SpeedTalker: Ineedrefillson 1234567,1234657,1234987,1234329
Me: okay, let me get to the correct scree....
ST: do you need the numbers AGAIN?
Me: yes plea...
ST: FINE! 1234567,1234657,1234987,& 1234329.
Me: I'm sorry, what were the las...
ST: FOR THE THIRD TIME....1234567,1234657,1234987,& 1234329!
Me: (grabs a pen to write down the last few digits of each) okay, Mr. Doe, at what time would you like to pick up your prescriptions?
ST: whenever...
Me: okay, they will be ready for pickup after 2:30 today...
ST: But I'm on my way there NOW....
Me: we can have them ready in about 30minutes....
ST: I'm already in the parking lot. YoumeanI'llhavetoWAIT 30 MINUTES?!?!
Me: yes. That's our current wait time...
ST: forget it, I'll be there after 4 :rolleyes:

People who know we do receipt lookup and thus don't bother saving receipts.
People who then come in with 10 items to return that were purchased (all at different times) on one of their 8 credit cards.
People who, after scanning all of their cards and items and not finding anything, look at me like I sprouted another head and then insist on trying again.
People who then realize they probably paid in cash, with their husband's card, thrown away gift card, etc.
ALWAYS save your receipts people!!

TMs who try and help on the line during unload by getting all up in your space and handing you boxes while you're trying to grab and throw boxes around. Or just standing there and reading off the block number for every box coming your way.

Our stl wore a pair of footie pjs to huddle once...still annoying, but funny.
I had an ETL-LOG who to celebrate our store getting a green visit, walked around in a Green Man costume with some antenna headband and something else added on. That was just weird as hell to see, especially when you didn't know who was in there or why.

Not only that, it absolutely pisses instocks off. Jacking up our on hands and throwing replenishment off.
YES. And not only does it mess up the count but then folks will do a return using their card and when I type in the DPCI, the item comes up as not being on the receipt. It can make my day at the SD very frustrating.
Y'all will be proud of me....I had a customer today who wanted me to just scan 1 of her 4 bags of cookies because "they're all the same price anyway." I explained that I had to scan each bag because they were different and it would throw off our inventory. She wasn't happy (because 2 actually WEREN'T the same price & I'm sure she knew that..,)

Y'all will be proud of me....I had a customer today who wanted me to just scan 1 of her 4 bags of cookies because "they're all the same price anyway." I explained that I had to scan each bag because they were different and it would throw off our inventory. She wasn't happy (because 2 actually WEREN'T the same price & I'm sure she knew that..,)
You seriously deserve a gtc. The instocks gods like you.

got another, i tried to ask a team member a quick question to someone on lunch and they refused! hey, sorry state law says they'll can be fired, we can be fined for working off the clock.
if you need help pick up a phone and we'll be there in under a minute.

hey i worked retail 40 years ago, that's unacceptable. ok there..

I have had guests enter the backroom, walk down the long aisle, look in every aisle, then find me at the END of the stockroom doing pulls.... and ask me where to find something. Seriously... we're about 50 feet from the BR door at this point... and they never called out or anything. They just followed the beeps after going through the closed doors plastered with TM only signs. :p

I'm not even being nice to them at this point. I start with "you can't be back here. Leave." and if they get huffy I repeat it and tell them to get out. Once on the sales floor I will help them. Every ETL and the STL had my back on that one when the person complained. Was nice :)

This is pretty small compared to most of the things that have been being posted, but when I put things that need an adhesive peg hook put on them into my reshop cart while zoning, PLEASE just an adhesive peg hook on it when you come in in the morning to do reshop so that I don't have to see the same shit on the shelf again the next night lying on the shelf instead of on the peg where it's supposed to be!

I've had with guests snapping their fingers at me for help. In my head all day i was thinking; snap those dirty sausages at me , and I'll rip em off. God this has been irking me for weeks.

havehands.gif

Guests that look you right in the eye when you say hi on the floor and ignore you. I usually say "or not" after when they do that lol.

Oh and the guests that have more than enough time to find all their crap in their purse.. Coupons, cartwheel, gift cards etc but wait till you tell them the amount and then send you into red while they dig for 5 min. I have since suspended the transactions when this happens.

Oh and the ones that ask can I put the card in now and I ask if they have coupons and things and they say no and then put the card in and get mad when I hit total and it runs their card and I can't back out to stop it to add the magical appearing coupon stack and gift cards they "forgot"they had.

Guests that hand the items and ask "how much is this?" for every item. "that much? I don't want it!" Who doesn't look at the prices when shopping or uses a price checker? Everything in the store costs money!

Guests that hand me their reusable bags, but then don't help me bag or keep the bag open. I only have two hands!

"did you find everything ok?" "and more!" like I haven't heard that 200 times today.

Guests that act like it's your fault because an item didn't come up the price they thought it was.

Guests that don't use dividers and then get angry when I start ringing up someone else's purchase or their purchase that's supposed to be separate. How am I supposed to know if you don't use dividers? I'm NOT psychic!

Last edited:
I've had with guests snapping their fingers at me for help. In my head all day i was thinking; snap those dirty sausages at me , and I'll rip em off. God this has been irking me for weeks.
I HAD A GUEST WHISTLE AT ME TO GET MY ATTENTION. I didn't even notice it at first because I was picking something for SFS. Then he whistled AGAIN. Like yo, a simple "excuse me" works just fine asshole.

Back