The Things Guests Do/Pet Peeves Thread

Clocked out for lunch the other day, making a quick dash to find food, giant adult sippy cup in hand, wallet in hand, get accosted by a dude looking for notebook paper and pencil holders. I'm like, uh, school supplies? Stationary which is right there.
He asks where's school supplies (I have no idea, don't buy 'em, don't work floor) so I say that I don't know and he looks at me like I just grew three heads and says "YOU DON"T KNOW WHERE SCHOOL SUPPLIES ARE????"
No, dude, I don't and I can't look it up for you on one of our scanners because I turned it in when I CLOCKED OUT. hint, hint
I suppose I could have used my walkie but it was in my back pocket and hands were full. I told him that they could locate merchandise for him at the service desk or any on-duty team member would be happy to help him.
Fucker ate into my lunch time.

Well, him and the 4 other morons who saw me with above mentioned items AND crackers and soup and yogurt!!!

Getting tired of helpless twits who don't respect that clocked out means not working.

^^ I had that happen the other day in electronics. I had clocked out for the night, name badge in pocket, browsing movies:

Guest: Hey, question...I want this movie bundle, but I can't find it, Do you know where it is?
Me: Uh, I don't actually work in Electronics, so I couldn't help you.
Guest: OK So what do I do then? (Points to boat, where Electronics TMs are waiting) Ask those guys over there?
Me: Yes ma'am
Guest: Oh....OK.

:rolleyes:

Pet Peeve:

Someone asking my location so they can come tell me something or attempting to call me to a specific spot in the store when they can just tell me to switch to 3 and handle it there.

New TMs/TMs who rarely have walkies calling my name out on the walkie to ask me where something is in the store.

After thinking more about it while typing this post, I guess walkies, in general, are my pet peeve. My life at Target would be so much less stressful without being constantly summoned for useless stuff over the walkie. No joke, a couple weeks ago a seasonal TM tracked someone with a walkie down to find my location so they could come find me to tell me they were going on break at the time I told them to go.

What about for MyDevice sales? I never knew for sure. I haven't had any sales yet there though.
The one time I helped a guest order something online through an iPod they typed in their card info and I did the rest. Its been over a year though so I could be forgetting details. I know they put in their number and the code on the back of the card.

Speaking of walkies.... major pet peeve when someone calls you on the walkie and you say "go for (your name)..." and they don't say anything in return only to call you again in five minutes. You repeat "go for (your name)..." and again with the silence.... ><

Speaking of walkies.... major pet peeve when someone calls you on the walkie and you say "go for (your name)..." and they don't say anything in return only to call you again in five minutes. You repeat "go for (your name)..." and again with the silence.... ><

Most of our lazy ETL's..

And the biggest peeve of mine is the one ETL who calls everyone as if they are calling a small child. I am not a two year old stop calling everyone like you are talking to a toddler.

Or when a TM asks for a TL to go to channel 2 and about 10 seconds later the TL says, "Was someone looking for TL?"

GO TO CHANNEL TWO.

Ooh, walkies. To STLs, ETLs, SrTLs, and anyone else who has 'important'(it's not) conversations, go to another fucking channel. I turn my walkie off for hours at a time because you shitbags are having minute long conversations on a channel. It's embarrassing.

I clocked in yesterday, and as usual, around 2, when the STL comes out of her hole(what I can only assume is a portal directly to hell), I get to hear about how soft lines needs to be picked up for at least two minutes. Guess what, I don't care. It's not food related, so suck a dick on channel 3 please.

Ongoing pet peeves:

Equipment that doesn't work, batteries that won't charge, not enough equipment for the store.
How can we run a busy shift when we don't have enough shit???

Contests that are useless. The rewards are horrible, there's really no incentive.
Other companies offer their employees gift cards, merchandise, meals out, material things that are useful, for signing up customers for credit cards. We get ETLs doing push ups still.

I hate it when someone calls me on the walkie and asks my location while I'm picking an SFS batch...and then goes silent after I tell them where I am. I'm not going to stand around and wait, and if you're not fast enough I'll be 50 aisles away by the time you get to where I said I was.

Getting real tired of undoing flow's overstocking. Just leave my departments' boxes in the coolers. I'll handle it, ya dim fucks. I compare it to a kid putting parmasean cheese on their pizza. Some is good. TONS is TONS better. Nope. It's not. I enjoy pushing carts of backstock back to you shitbags while y'all are still slothly backstocking.

I'll say the opposite -- in stocks not researching my shizzle, so I have to do it.

You better be taking in to account multiple locations and in-located flex and backstock not backstocked. Otherwise I don't have much of an issue with it.

People who change the breakroom tv without asking and change it to CNN on top of that.

Guest who ask you to help them find something then make stops on the way.

Last week a lady asked me to show us where our heaters are. As I am walking her over she stops and starts flipping through our hangers in domestics? Uhm do you need my help or not?

Hahah... i was ON my day off, busy as heck store. I was walking out of the store with my target paper bag, paid for merch.. the guy comes up to me (don't forget, i'm wearing a blue long sleeve, red shorts and have headphones in) and a guy brings a coupon and points and asks where a soap is. I tell him i don't work here and he points at my target bag. Wtf lol

*GSTL you're needed at guest service for guest assistance*

GSTL: Hi, how can I help you?

Guest: Yes I'm trying to return this item but it's not giving me the amount I paid for, and you really need to hire employees who know what they're doing, who isn't rude.

GSTL: OK, you have the receipt for the item?

Guest: No

GSTL: Did you pay with a card?

Guest: No

GSTL: OK, in that case I can try to return it with your ID but it will give you the lowest selling price and it'll be in store credit

Guest: BUT I PAID MORE THAN THAT!?

GSTL: Understood but you don't have the receipt so you'll be getting the lowest selling price

Guest: THIS IS RIDICULOUS! NO OTHER STORE DOES THIS! YOU GUYS HAVE HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! *sigh* JUST RETURN IT

*returns item, gives gift card*

Guest: I CAN'T GET CASH!?

GSTL: If you had the receipt you will get it back however you paid, but in this case there is no proof of purchase so you get store credit.

Guest: YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING ME! I WANT MY ITEM BACK, I PAID MORE AND I PAID CASH!!!! YOU GIVING ME A GIFT CARD!

*voids transaction gives merchandise back*

GSTL: Have a good day sir

Guest: YOU REALLY CAN'T DO ANYTHING!?

GSTL: Unfortunately no

Guest: UNFORTUNATELY, I'M CALLING CORPORATE, GIVE ME THE NUMBER, AND I HAVE YOUR NAME

GSTL: *sigh*

Back