The Things Guests Do/Pet Peeves Thread

The guests who are doing last minute gift buying. When we don't have it in the store and it won't be available the next day with an online order. And they're too lazy to go through the entire process of placing an order online for a different store. Oh and let's not forget them asking if you can call the store to do a hold. No Stacy, Target doesn't do holds anymore: you're lucky if it's held till the end of the night.

Okay, so this is why I think that kids who are potty trained do not belong in opposite gender bathrooms. I knew it happens, I knew it happens a lot, I just hoped to never experience it. I'm in the stall and I saw an eyeball in the crack of the door. I yelped and I heard a woman's voice say "What are you doing?" The eyeball disappeared and I heard a boy's voice right outside my stall say "Nothing." Then the woman said "You get over here right now."

So, boys do peek because they want to see partially undressed women. Boys know it's wrong to peek, and will lie about peeking, but do it anyway. Mothers know this but take them in anyway, because an unwilling woman being exposed to a peeping Tom is of far less importance than keeping the umbilical cord fastened tightly.

Right now I hate every damned guest that takes boys into the women's room. And I hope that every damn one of them gets peeked at while partially undressed so they know how it feels when other people have to put up with their spawn.

When they bring something up to guest service and say “I want to exchange this.” I go ahead and do the return and ask them if they want it back on their card etc. “no I want to exchange it.” “Okay well I would need the item you’re exchanging it for” “oh I didn’t know I needed it.” How the fuck am I supposed to exchange for something that’s not up here and I have no clue what it is?

i Can’t stand when I’m helping a guest and another guest asks for help as I’m in the middle of helping another guest! Also the guests that bring in other store shopping carts for their pets! And plus to all the guests that think it’s ok to bring in rowdy pets and then claim there emotional service pets!

When they bring something up to guest service and say “I want to exchange this.” I go ahead and do the return and ask them if they want it back on their card etc. “no I want to exchange it.” “Okay well I would need the item you’re exchanging it for” “oh I didn’t know I needed it.” How the fuck am I supposed to exchange for something that’s not up here and I have no clue what it is?
I usually just say “so I can either return it for you and you can buy it like normal or you can take it with you find the one you want and bring it back here”

Also the guests that bring in other store shopping carts for their pets! And plus to all the guests that think it’s ok to bring in rowdy pets and then claim there emotional service pets!

Contact the LOD. "Service animal" and "emotional support animal" are legally two different things. Emotional support animals are not guaranteed entry and are legally treated like pets when it comes to accompanying an owner inside. Plus if a service animal does behave in a disruptive manner the service animal can legally be kicked out of the business.

Also, since you said pets instead of dogs, only dogs and horses can be service animals so any other species can be kicked out even if "service animal" is claimed. And businesses forget that a second question can legally be asked - what is the animal trained to do. Psychiatric service animals, like all service animals, are trained to do something not inherent to their nature. Emotional support animals do things to calm that any other pet would. That second question can weed out the fakers.

content.php

I usually just say “so I can either return it for you and you can buy it like normal or you can take it with you find the one you want and bring it back here”

I think that's a good way to handle that. We don't want guests walking in with stuff and heading to the sales floor without alerting us. Makes it too easy for shop lifters to grab 2 of an item and say they're doing an exchange (even if it's a no receipt one).

Contact the LOD. "Service animal" and "emotional support animal" are legally two different things. Emotional support animals are not guaranteed entry and are legally treated like pets when it comes to accompanying an owner inside. Plus if a service animal does behave in a disruptive manner the service animal can legally be kicked out of the business.

Also, since you said pets instead of dogs, only dogs and horses can be service animals so any other species can be kicked out even if "service animal" is claimed. And businesses forget that a second question can legally be asked - what is the animal trained to do. Psychiatric service animals, like all service animals, are trained to do something not inherent to their nature. Emotional support animals do things to calm that any other pet would. That second question can weed out the fakers.
Ok cool thanks for the info!

Also, since you said pets instead of dogs, only dogs and horses can be service animals so any other species can be kicked out even if "service animal" is claimed.
One of our guests is a paraplegic & has a Capuchin monkey as a service animal.
I had to intercede one day when a woman & her kids kept wanting to 'pet the monkey' despite the guest's protests.

One of our guests is a paraplegic & has a Capuchin monkey as a service animal.
I had to intercede one day when a woman & her kids kept wanting to 'pet the monkey' despite the guest's protests.

ADA Requirements: Service Animals - https://www.ada.gov/service_animals_2010.htm
Read the first bullet point under overview. Dogs are legally the only species that are recognized as service animals and therefore are the only species that get ADA accommodation. There is a blurb at the bottom about miniature horses, but that is it, legally.

Edit: The law also requires a leash or harness. Puddles in a cart is a violation of law. Talk to the LOD about that too.

Capuchin had a proper service vest on, had a long leash & he retrieved small items from shelves or racks for her, riding on her shoulder as they went from aisle to aisle.
She operated her chair with a blowpipe.
Seeing how this occurred in 2008, I would hope they grandfathered her service animal since Capuchins out-live dogs by ten years or more.

When I open electronics and a bunch of older people ask me when target mobile comes in. The sign says 10am. I say 10am. They get pissed at me and make comments and tell me they are coming back.
At 9:59am some oldies come back to yell at me that target mobile isn't there and they neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed their phone looked at.
Target mobile person comes in at 10:03 and guest berates them for being "EXTREMELY LATE" and that they are never coming back to target again.

When a guest asks if you know where X is and you say it's "over on the other side of the store" and they get pissed that they have to walk "an eternity".

Those dickhole guests who come to electronics to return/exchange shit thinking it is Guest Service. When I say "sorry, I can't do that here" they get mad and ask why.

When buddyguy comes in to get 8 iPad Pro 128GBs at 10pm with a stolen credit card and I ask for their ID to match to the card. They get highly offended, asking why I'm acting shady and get loud. I call AP and they start calling me racist.

“Let me show you my bank statement”
Tf am I gonna do with that, scan your bank app?
THIS! I had a guest bring in their bank statement and was confused when I was like yeah I can’t use this. Luckily they had the card but I mean like???? Your bank statement, assuming you didn’t photoshop it, just tells me you made a purchase here. It doesn’t tell me what that purchase was.

One of the most annoying things guests do is when they ask you for something but there not near you or looking at you.
Then when you ask if they need help they get all pissed saying they were asking you a question all this time. Like damn lady if you needed help you could at least made eye contact or something

Back