Archived The Wave at my store is a piece of shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Srs. At least once a week something goes wrong with it. Someone get's stuck, it doesn't turn. You actually need to "rev" it at least 10 times for it to work. It even shuts off (blinking error) mid ride so if someone gets in your way their SOL if they're slow. The amount of repairs they did on it way out match the cost of a new one.

What can I do as a pawn (TM) to get this thing replaced?

Srs. At least once a week something goes wrong with it. Someone get's stuck, it doesn't turn. You actually need to "rev" it at least 10 times for it to work. It even shuts off (blinking error) mid ride so if someone gets in your way their SOL if they're slow. The amount of repairs they did on it way out match the cost of a new one.

What can I do as a pawn (TM) to get this thing replaced?
Sacrifice a goat? Or a virgin? Get 100 redcards in one week??

Only the last one might get you what you want, lol. Ours isn't quite as bad, but we've replaced every mechanical piece on it at least once. We red tag it, have the vendor in, PMT fixes it all the time. Last year they rented us a second for BTS and fourth quarter, but it sucked even worse (although it was nice and clean and free of dents).

I've decided the only way they replace these is if its completely unfixable. We've had ours down for repairs for three days before. Waiting on a part. Three days of using the stacker to pull whole pallets and/or the giant scary ladder for CAFs.

Times like this I'm thankful my store has 3 waves, since the overnight team is god awful about charging our equipment. Thanks, guys!

My FAVORITE is when it stops all the way up and the only way to fix it is flip the fuse around.
But you're at the top. And its at the bottom. And you don't have a walkie.
HELP

Lol
Training video doesn't explain how to safely climb down steel if you get stuck by yourself in that situation...and heaven knows its happened.

Training video doesn't explain how to safely climb down steel if you get stuck by yourself in that situation...and heaven knows its happened.
I would be terrified (Physically and for my job) if I had to climb down the wave. Not a chance lol

My FAVORITE is when it stops all the way up and the only way to fix it is flip the fuse around.
But you're at the top. And its at the bottom. And you don't have a walkie.
HELP

Lol
I would call the store from my cell phone.

I thought for sure I was stuck a few weeks ago...it was driving slowly and I got about 15 feet up and it stopped. Took me a good minute of panicking before I realized it wasn't completely dead and I could still go down.

If you get stuck at the top without a walkie, feel free to wait for a passing TM. You're not supposed to be using your phone on the clock. DO NOT climb down the steel.

If you get stuck at the top without a walkie, feel free to wait for a passing TM. You're not supposed to be using your phone on the clock. DO NOT climb down the steel.

I don't think any sane person would attempt it.

I've climbed down off a stuck wave one morning when we were short walkies and the damned thing blew out while I was hanging the environmentals in softlines.
It was too early in the morning for there to be anybody coming by anytime soon and I wasn't going to be hanging out there for a half hour or more.
And no, I don't recommend it to anybody

As unreasonable as some of our leaders are, I feel like they still would excuse us from using our phones in this type of situation. Sometimes there isn't much reason for other TMs to be in the backroom so you wont see anyone else for hours.

Times like this I'm thankful my store has 3 waves, since the overnight team is god awful about charging our equipment. Thanks, guys!

I WANT THREE WAVES. icanhas? We have two and there's still fights for them.

As others have said, red tag it as unsafe perhaps "does not respond to operator controls with respect to movement and up/down" and see what happens. A few months back our baler started running slower than normal and someone red-tagged it as "will start without door fully closed" and voila brand new baler in 3 days.

Once they pour enough money in a piece of equipment they will eventually replace it.

We have three waves and get a fourth one during 4th quarter. I don't use the wave much since I moved to AP but it would suck to be in a store with only one.

Flow and early morning backroom have worn and torn the shit out of the 2 waves. A while back one of them stole the fuse out of one of the waves. Why someone steals the fuse out of a wave machine? No idea. Probably a low life piece of shit that sold it to get some meth or weed. I have the worst luck when I use the waves. Countless times where I've been way up high in one of them and they just crap out on me.

Now with years' of experience with the majority of Crown's product line, I can easily say that the WAVe is, by far, the most bugged. Lost count of how many times that damn thing has left me stranded in mid-air or tried to send my head into the ceiling on the sales floor, only to red tag it and find there's nothing wrong with it.

How do stores manage with less than 2 waves?

What happens if Backroom needs it to pull the autofills but the signing TM is hanging signs by the entrance? Or a guest needs an item pulled but the PMT is using it to fix security cameras on the sales floor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back