Archived this nut job ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is the situation:
we have a TM who when they come in they do not join the team, but instead, they find something to do with in that work center. the only person who might know that they are in, is the LOD, and that is a maybe. We've no clue they are in the building, so we call on the walkie asking when the next person is in, and the LOD explains the TM is in, and then the TM calls out on the walkie their location.

then, said TM goes to the leadership saying they are being ignored by the rest of the team. they claim they feel left out and like an outsider. they creep around us, listening to our conversations, and often assumes we are talking badly about them, when not always true ... but sometimes. i wont lie.

next we noticed they were VERY slow to complete tasks, taking 2+ hours to complete 5pm CAFs which, ALL CAFs as a whole dont even add upto an hour.

finally, if i, myself, or any other TM address any of that to the leadership, the TM turns it around saying they werent trained correctly, and they we ignore them, and are cruel to them. now we have the leadership asking us whats going on, and telling us to include the TM in our conversations. the leadership is saying is making it out to be my team and i are a clique and we arent accepting the new TM. and because there are gaps in their training we need to focus on retraining them. they started during the first week of december.

im over this BS yet still frustrated because we have to deal with it.
thoughts?

our CTL is the sales floor TL meaning, A,B,C,D,E, and F are on their head plus LOD shifts. so they dont have time for market, and when they are scheduled for market, they work else where in the store because "my hardlines TMs dont know how to _____."
the trainer was the PA, who quit because of the PA who sucked. the TL is seemingly believing that they werent trained right because they recently found out that if after 6 weeks, the TM doesnt understand their core role, its the team and TLs fault not the new TM.
thing is ... if i ask the new TM if they understand something, they say that they do. if i ask if they have questions they say no.

EXAMPLE:
TM enters into PRO1. is in the batch for lets say 10 min. exits the batch and enters another batch. when asked why PRO1, a 1 min batch, is now at 30 min, they say they couldnt find the location.
TM has a walkie to call a market TM.
1 TL in the backroom.
1 TM in backroom.
1 SFS TM
the reciever.
TM could ask none of the above listed for help finding the locations they didnt know existed.

so if they dont ask how are we to know?

To start with the etl and or tl should be following up IF lack of training is an issue. For them to even throw the excuse out there....shows poor leadership on their part. They need to make sure the tm is trained properly. Not saying thing they need to personally train them but they need to make sure a peer has trained them . The tm should be partnered with someone and re trained and any things that didn't "stick" the first go around should be re addressed. Some people just aren't cut out to be in the backroom and or just move at a slower pace. If the tm still doesn't catch on after being retrained ....then then tl and etl need to make a choice that is best for the log process. As for the "clique" part....we are all adults. Treat people as you would want them to treat you. Try reaching out to the tm....ask them if there is something they don't understand etc. Some times a kind word goes a long ways.

in our store, the market TM pulls the CAFs for market. market does market as part of the market team roll out.

our CTL is the sales floor TL meaning, A,B,C,D,E, and F are on their head plus LOD shifts. so they dont have time for market, and when they are scheduled for market, they work else where in the store because "my hardlines TMs dont know how to _____."
the trainer was the PA, who quit because of the PA who sucked. the TL is seemingly believing that they werent trained right because they recently found out that if after 6 weeks, the TM doesnt understand their core role, its the team and TLs fault not the new TM.
thing is ... if i ask the new TM if they understand something, they say that they do. if i ask if they have questions they say no.

EXAMPLE:
TM enters into PRO1. is in the batch for lets say 10 min. exits the batch and enters another batch. when asked why PRO1, a 1 min batch, is now at 30 min, they say they couldnt find the location.
TM has a walkie to call a market TM.
1 TL in the backroom.
1 TM in backroom.
1 SFS TM
the reciever.
TM could ask none of the above listed for help finding the locations they didnt know existed.

so if they dont ask how are we to know?
sounds like he/she needs to be retrained. print out all guidelines regarding the position the tm holds. retrain for a day or two. make sure your tl is... ya know doing his/her job and following up making sure the tm is actually getting it. if the tm still is having problems then the tl, not another tm, neeeds to have a talk with the etl log and hr.

To start with the etl and or tl should be following up IF lack of training is an issue. For them to even throw the excuse out there....shows poor leadership on their part. They need to make sure the tm is trained properly. Not saying thing they need to personally train them but they need to make sure a peer has trained them . The tm should be partnered with someone and re trained and any things that didn't "stick" the first go around should be re addressed. Some people just aren't cut out to be in the backroom and or just move at a slower pace. If the tm still doesn't catch on after being retrained ....then then tl and etl need to make a choice that is best for the log process. As for the "clique" part....we are all adults. Treat people as you would want them to treat you. Try reaching out to the tm....ask them if there is something they don't understand etc. Some times a kind word goes a long ways.

but thats the thing tho, were not NOT included them. they just pull a ghost on us. if we do speak with the TM they get emotional and say that we hate them to other TMs.

but thats the thing tho, were not NOT included them. they just pull a ghost on us. if we do speak with the TM they get emotional and say that we hate them to other TMs.
Well, if you have tried to include them etc that's all you can do. At least you tried .

sounds like he/she needs to be retrained. print out all guidelines regarding the position the tm holds. retrain for a day or two. make sure your tl is... ya know doing his/her job and following up making sure the tm is actually getting it. if the tm still is having problems then the tl, not another tm, neeeds to have a talk with the etl log and hr.

hmm ... sounds like a plan. theyve already complained that theyre being scrutinized by the leadership, so this sounds like make it a reality.

What workcenter is this TM supposed to be at?

market.

Well, if you have tried to include them etc that's all you can do. At least you tried .

this was 1 day, TM had car issues, and as such came in late. it was a DC trailer day, and they came in late. when they arrived TM came up to me to talk about their car issues. im not a mechanic nor do i know about cars, but we had 9 uboats in the back. i said i was sorry to hear about the car, but, please get started on the push. then into the backroom they go! they came out with a 3 tier of candy backstock. i went and reminded them that we were pushing uboats from the line. they tried to say they werent sure what they were to get and the 3 tier looked like a CAF, but! CAFs arent pulled until 1pm, it was 11. it was backstock. no we dont need it challenged, it was from the mcclane order this morning, its backstock. please go and get a Uboat from the line. then TM is gone for awhile. where? no one knows. then when they fginally bring out a uboat, each and every guest is subjected to hear about their car issues. they are on the Uboat for 2 hours. when asked if they are having trouble, they say no, and explain that they are helping guests, and thats the hold up.

Im an asshole and I like calling out people in public out loud.

"Telling people about your car troubles is not considered helping them.also it Shouldn't take you 3 hours to push a tub."

"Do you know the difference between a uboat and a cart? Yea? Go grabbed a uboat."

"What, did you take a nap in the backroom?"

Im an asshole and I like calling out people in public out loud.

"Telling people about your car troubles is not considered helping them.also it Shouldn't take you 3 hours to push a tub."

"Do you know the difference between a uboat and a cart? Yea? Go grabbed a uboat."

"What, did you take a nap in the backroom?"

sadly this is the one thing my TLs are good at they wont let that type of calling people out fly. its "childish harassment" that not everyone appreciates. but omg i would love to see nutty TM get blown up like that!
would.
make.
my.
DAY.

this was 1 day, TM had car issues, and as such came in late. it was a DC trailer day, and they came in late. when they arrived TM came up to me to talk about their car issues. im not a mechanic nor do i know about cars, but we had 9 uboats in the back. i said i was sorry to hear about the car, but, please get started on the push. then into the backroom they go! they came out with a 3 tier of candy backstock. i went and reminded them that we were pushing uboats from the line. they tried to say they werent sure what they were to get and the 3 tier looked like a CAF, but! CAFs arent pulled until 1pm, it was 11. it was backstock. no we dont need it challenged, it was from the mcclane order this morning, its backstock. please go and get a Uboat from the line. then TM is gone for awhile. where? no one knows. then when they fginally bring out a uboat, each and every guest is subjected to hear about their car issues. they are on the Uboat for 2 hours. when asked if they are having trouble, they say no, and explain that they are helping guests, and thats the hold up.
This is good stuff...

@Midoninger, do some retraining with the tm. Then, grab a market learning plan. Review it with them, have them sign it. Make sure your TL & etl know that the plan was done. The tm will be unable to say or complain that they don't know to do their job anymore.

ive considered that ... however!
its not public yet however, our TL is shifting to another work center and the TL who is shifting in knows about the issue and told me to quote "#stayoutofit" via text and let that persons negativity come back and hit them in the face. im not 100% what that means, but if the next TL coming in knows of this issue and has plans, then i can just be mad about dealing with the troll, but i wont have to worry too much as its being "watched".

but then im asked why the work isnt getting done. in fact, most times it feels like im the TL over there as TMs come to me and address when there is an issue or something. they seldomly actual speak to a TL.

Communication is a key requirement. Salefloor TMs should always check in and need to know what their assignments are for the shift.

The ETL and TL need sit down with this TM and explain the TM's roles and responsibility.

yes that is a point im trying to make. like last wednesday morning. i came in @6am so im doing the cull. at 7:30 i had called on the walkie asking when the next TM was to be in. the LOD said nutty TM was in at 7a and was in the backroom working on the autos. i was a bit annoyed, but okay fine, theyre working not BSing. but the fact is i had no clue another TM was in let alone where they were. in my time with target, regardless if you reported to your TL or not, ive been made to understand to let the team know youre in and communicate what each others tasks were. not with nutty TM.

I never announce I'm in. The less people know, the better.

In all seriousness, me thinks you have someone with a mental issue, or several. It's frustrating, yes, but I think there's more to it than what you see...

that thought has crossed my mind. and it seemed like as soon as we were smooth sailing in our market area, nutty began games.
iirc their first complaint was feeling like they didnt fit in and was going to the leadership about it.
the leadership said we have to be more welcoming, i mentioned the clique thing before. what was said was how weve all worked together for such a long time (BS! half the team has only been their for less than a year the other half 4 years but hardly worked together) that we arent used to a new person. and we should include nutty in our convos.

my thing is: when im working near other TMs and IM not in the conversation i have ZERO fucks to give. i do my work. if i hear something interesting i may join in, or not. i most certainly dont ghost myself to a TL saying im being ignored and not included and can not work anymore. thats bull if you were to ask me.

yes that is a point im trying to make. like last wednesday morning. i came in @6am so im doing the cull. at 7:30 i had called on the walkie asking when the next TM was to be in. the LOD said nutty TM was in at 7a and was in the backroom working on the autos. i was a bit annoyed, but okay fine, theyre working not BSing. but the fact is i had no clue another TM was in let alone where they were. in my time with target, regardless if you reported to your TL or not, ive been made to understand to let the team know youre in and communicate what each others tasks were. not with nutty TM.
I personally don't let others know I'm there, just because it doesn't matter if they know I'm there. If your tl knows he/she is there, and knows where he is... Then what's it matter if you know. He's doing his work. Just kind of sounds like you take too much responsibility with whether or not the guy is working, and you're going out of your way to try and figure it out. Just don't worry about it, trust me I know it's hard to do that, because if the whole team isnt working, then the whole team can fail. But if the rest of your team knows it's the problem tm, then when that happens it should work itself out. You're not the tl, stop stressing over this tm. Not your problem in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back