Thoughts on extending hazard pay.

Our store is actually doing pretty good right now. Cashiers and OPU/DU/etc are hugely in demand and I've not had this many hours in months.

Our store is actually doing pretty good right now. Cashiers and OPU/DU/etc are hugely in demand and I've not had this many hours in months.
Your store must have under-used its bucket of hours earlier in the month. Maybe your store is in or near a state capitol, so most of the workers (prospective Target guests) are working from home and haven't lost their paychecks yet.

Your store must have under-used its bucket of hours earlier in the month. Maybe your store is in or near a state capitol, so most of the workers (prospective Target guests) are working from home and haven't lost their paychecks yet.

I think we underused, I know we have an assload of people on leave right now.

I wouldn't get your Hope's up on the hazard pay extending past May 3rd. The hours are low and statically they can't afford to pay everyone until the stay at home order is lifted.

Also because the panic buying is over and a lot of people have already spent a lot/all of their stimulus, or they will have spent it by the end of the month.

They're cutting hours next month because although Target is beating sales, it's on items they don't make much of a profit on.
Online sales are up something like 250%. I'm sure Target will be just fine. They are going to benefit for years to come after all of this. They can definitely afford to pay everyone an extra $2 especially considering they planned on raising most team members rates that much anyways.

Don't let them fool you their profits aren't down, they aren't as high as they expected.

Yeah, even low profit margin items still have a profit, and when you're selling 2x as many of them as expected, that's still...a lot of money.

And home decor & outdoor seasonal is picking up at my store, so not just low-margin stuff at all stores.

sales are so bad at my store that we are literally just paying some people to stand around bc there’s nothing to do. i just have them clean everything all the time cuz there’s no more push and already a ton of people on flex
We have made sales by 50-100 grand EVERY DAY since the middle of March. We are up almost 2 million ytd.

Received this via email

Temporary Pay Differential: $2.00 per hour

Temporary Pay Differential Start Date: 3/22/2020

Temporary Pay Differential End Date: 5/30/2020

In recognition of the significant contributions during an incredible time of need, all stores hourly team members and team leaders will receive a temporary pay differential of an additional $2.00 per hour for all hours worked beginning on March 22, 2020 and ending on May 30, 2020.

We have made sales by 50-100 grand EVERY DAY since the middle of March. We are up almost 2 million ytd.
Same here. And hours are still being gutted. I left my store looking a mess because I was told we have to be out by 10:30 even though other stores still get 11:30. And I was given 1 cashier 1 sco and one guest service person with 2 people on the sales floor. Literally up 100k+ but can’t have enough people for open to close coverage in style or tech. It’s frustrating.

Same here. And hours are still being gutted. I left my store looking a mess because I was told we have to be out by 10:30 even though other stores still get 11:30. And I was given 1 cashier 1 sco and one guest service person with 2 people on the sales floor. Literally up 100k+ but can’t have enough people for open to close coverage in style or tech. It’s frustrating.

why the hell are yall staying 2.5 hours after close, wtf

Back