Archived Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I first started, We just set the aisles and pushed product. We came in at 7am and had four Plano TM's. Now, we have to backstock and pull our own batches. We come in at 9:30, and have two Plano TM's. The kicker? We are expected to get 3-4 aisles done a day. Me and the other Plano TM have recieved a collective 8 (5 for me, 3 for him) coaching in the past two weeks for not setting FOUR F%$^&ING AISLES A DAY PER PERSON. Yes I have gone to HR, no they don't care.

I'm trying to transfer to another store hoping the grass is greener on the other side, but what I've read on here doesn't have me hopeful.
Your team lead really needs to fight for the hours. I plan the work load at least 6 weeks in advance. I do make changes to the plan but at least the mgmt team know what our workload looks like and I can get the hours needed. I never expect my team to set more then I can do myself. I'm sorry you have to pull and back stock that shouldn't be happening..

When I first started, We just set the aisles and pushed product. We came in at 7am and had four Plano TM's. Now, we have to backstock and pull our own batches. We come in at 9:30, and have two Plano TM's. The kicker? We are expected to get 3-4 aisles done a day. Me and the other Plano TM have recieved a collective 8 (5 for me, 3 for him) coaching in the past two weeks for not setting FOUR F%$^&ING AISLES A DAY PER PERSON. Yes I have gone to HR, no they don't care.

I'm trying to transfer to another store hoping the grass is greener on the other side, but what I've read on here doesn't have me hopeful.
That is just insane. Most weeks I get the full hours I need but this week hours were so tight I didn't get what I needed which is why I am in the position I am in with where we at are percent wise. And even though we didn't get our hours I still have to 4x4, push cafs and abandons, help with cart runs, and do fast service. Knowing this I am pushing them to try and finish but if we aren't 100% I am not going to coach them for it. We do not pull and backstock though. A few months ago we stopped pulling when they put out on workbench that the pull hours were no longer a part of the adjacency calendar hours. We never have backstocked unless we are really ahead and I have an extra person to help out. My team works 6-230 and if I have some exta help like a pusher they will come in like 9-3 or 10-3 depending how many extra hours I have. I hardly have an extra person but if I do that's what they work. I have a 3 person team with 2-3 other people I rotate in and out if I have the hours plus my signing team member who gets pog hours if she doesn't have Her full hours in signing.

Last edited:
Our POG team is almost nonexistent right now. We are so far behind and only about a quarter of the work load will be completed this week. Our flow and backroom team can't get their work done because the ETL Log doesn't know how to develop a plan and carry it out. The are only eight TM on flow and one TM in the backroom on a truck day. Because of this, Mon, Wed, and Fri we are allowed to set one aisle each and then we have to transition to working freight, toys, sporting goods,and seasonal. Then, work pulls. Tuesday and Thursday the two guys on the team are required to be the entire day backstocking what wasn't back stocked on the truck days and the girls work pulls and reshop all day. The PPTL is trying to fight this but the STL flat out told her the truck is more important, what doesn't get done, doesn't get done. My signing is so far behind. Between the wave breaking down late last week and not getting fixed til Tuesday and being pulled to work freight I still don't have the Plaid signing finished.

@PlanoBitch @pptl28yrs

Wait pulling is no longer included in adj hours? Where can I find information on what is included in pog and signing hours? Our new ETL team is a new and all about cutting payroll, being able to show them that their expectations are outlandish may help.

Our POG team is almost nonexistent right now. We are so far behind and only about a quarter of the work load will be completed this week. Our flow and backroom team can't get their work done because the ETL Log doesn't know how to develop a plan and carry it out. The are only eight TM on flow and one TM in the backroom on a truck day. Because of this, Mon, Wed, and Fri we are allowed to set one aisle each and then we have to transition to working freight, toys, sporting goods,and seasonal. Then, work pulls. Tuesday and Thursday the two guys on the team are required to be the entire day backstocking what wasn't back stocked on the truck days and the girls work pulls and reshop all day. The PPTL is trying to fight this but the STL flat out told her the truck is more important, what doesn't get done, doesn't get done. My signing is so far behind. Between the wave breaking down late last week and not getting fixed til Tuesday and being pulled to work freight I still don't have the Plaid signing finished.
:eek:

Shit, and I thought my store was bad.

Doesn't your STL realize that POG is just as important as Flow? Isn't the back room filling up with No Loc Product? That sounds like a nightmare.

Doesn't the DTL notice that POG is behind?

I have anxiety just thinking about this bullshit your STL is doing.

@PlanoBitch @pptl28yrs

Wait pulling is no longer included in adj hours? Where can I find information on what is included in pog and signing hours? Our new ETL team is a new and all about cutting payroll, being able to show them that their expectations are outlandish may help.
Just for the record pulling has never been included in Pog hours. That's just bull shit some stores were spreading. I've been doing this job for 28 years. And my team has never been required to pull or back stock.. Years ago the PPTL reported to the stl no etl between. They forced all stls and PPTL to attend training meetings together to teach the stl the importance of the plano proeccs. It worked, my stl is old school. these new guys and gals should do some training again.

Wow. I get wanting to be 100% done with the workload but I tell my team that whatever we do needs to be 100%. I would rather be 50% on TWT then set a half assed planogram. We clean/scrape shelves or change them out, sign, and put up our own displays unless my signing TM is helping us. We do the smart huddle, push pulls and abandons some days, and help with fast service. This small appliance transition has been hell though. Half the displays don't match the planogram, there are things on the line listing that comes up that we don't sell it in our store, the whole thing is jacked up. I finished price change today and went over and helped with displays since they were all messed up.

Your team lead might be getting pressure from your ETL to just get it done. I tell my team that we need to finish all the time and most of the time we do. This week I don't see it happening but I am still telling them we need to finish. In the end I know they are doing the best they can and that's all I can ask of them.

And what happens when you get coached or corrective actioned for for not finishing? Or you're TOLD to write up your team? Do you refuse?

I've never seen a tm written up or whatever for not cleaning when we're behind. But I've seen plenty of them written up for being behind. And further, being pushed to be replaced by someone who WILL get the twt clear.

My experience. My opinion.

@PlanoBitch, search for Adjacency Calendar in Workbench. It will tell you exactly what is included in the hours. Pulling and back stocking are not included in the hours. Neither is merchandising clearance or d-code. We don't do our pulls or back stock but we do merch the clearance and d-code from what we are setting. You can also search for Forecasting Best Practice (or something like that). It will also give you a break down of what each work centers hours entail. I believe that's where it states that Signing is given 28 hrs. a week. I'm having an issue with our Soft Lines TL. Signing is no longer responsible for the bill board and enhancement signs, the TL of SL is. She seems to think otherwise even though I tried to explain to her that our signing guy doesn't get the hours for it. It's no longer listed on the monthly signing update. I had to print up the ISM best practice to show her.

@PlanoBitch, search for Adjacency Calendar in Workbench. It will tell you exactly what is included in the hours. Pulling and back stocking are not included in the hours. Neither is merchandising clearance or d-code. We don't do our pulls or back stock but we do merch the clearance and d-code from what we are setting. You can also search for Forecasting Best Practice (or something like that). It will also give you a break down of what each work centers hours entail. I believe that's where it states that Signing is given 28 hrs. a week. I'm having an issue with our Soft Lines TL. Signing is no longer responsible for the bill board and enhancement signs, the TL of SL is. She seems to think otherwise even though I tried to explain to her that our signing guy doesn't get the hours for it. It's no longer listed on the monthly signing update. I had to print up the ISM best practice to show her.
You are correct. We also work our d-code and clearance. I currently have 3 on my team with two backups.

And what happens when you get coached or corrective actioned for for not finishing? Or you're TOLD to write up your team? Do you refuse?

I've never seen a tm written up or whatever for not cleaning when we're behind. But I've seen plenty of them written up for being behind. And further, being pushed to be replaced by someone who WILL get the twt clear.

My experience. My opinion.

I guess I am just lucky then because my ETL and stl would rather have it set right and not 100% on twt then to not be clean. I've never had to coach or write up a team member for not finishing. If I was told to write someone up for not finishing but I know the reason why it wasn't finished and it was a valid reason I would push back on my ETL. Now don't get me wrong my ETL and STL still push me to be 100% but included in that is changing things out that are broken, cleaning, and all signing and displays. And I have to walk every transition with the manual and make notes and send them out with what's missing and why. I'm thankful that my ETL and STL have the same opinion as me when it comes to this because if they were like what you described I would probably quit.

@Signkitty I think you were asking about this.

My TL is a friend outside of work, and she is so apologetic about giving coachings. Our new ETL is a slave-driver and has threatened her with a CA for refusing to give performance coachings to us for not completing four aisles a day. At my store, people get written up for not cleaning up, not finishing their whole work load, doing POG's half-assed, so there is really no way to not get coached.
You can't just say you have to set 4 aisles a day. 4 aisles in bedding is not the same as 4 aisles in HBA. I don't understand the reasoning there. I set the last Domestics transition a few weeks ago in 45 hours vs the 70 on the adjacency calendar. I would never be able to do that with HBA/Cosmetics.

I guess I am just lucky then because my ETL and stl would rather have it set right and not 100% on twt then to not be clean. I've never had to coach or write up a team member for not finishing. If I was told to write someone up for not finishing but I know the reason why it wasn't finished and it was a valid reason I would push back on my ETL. Now don't get me wrong my ETL and STL still push me to be 100% but included in that is changing things out that are broken, cleaning, and all signing and displays. And I have to walk every transition with the manual and make notes and send them out with what's missing and why. I'm thankful that my ETL and STL have the same opinion as me when it comes to this because if they were like what you described I would probably quit.

Yep. That's exactly what happened to the last pptl. The ETL pushed and pushed her to the point she quit. It was a nightmare.

I just have a new opinion of Target as a whole now. It's do whatever you have to do to survive.

No more billboards? So what's left in sl? Super graphics and mannequin backers? Might have to print this out myself. I still do billboards and the next size down that requires the long Viking clips. Had to fight to get the ones in the metal holders that just slide in done by sl.

I want to personally thank the Pog teams I've seen posting on here that they merchandise clearance/d-code. Thank you so much. My old Pog TL before they combined would always leave tubs of clearance I had already pushed in the backroom. It got so bad I told her I was going to grab it and throw it back in her newly set aisle and take all her crap down. I understand it's not in your hours but how degrading is it to see my hard work just thrown away because she spent more time sitting at a desk than actually setting. My PPTL was originally pricing and took over pog and she keeps it all out on the floor or if she knows it's salvaging in a day or so she'll just salvage it for us. Thank god for her. @PlanoBitch @pptl28yrs you guys seem to run really good teams despite the way target it moving and I Thank you!

Flow pog and pricing have to work together or the store will fail. Heavy resets I'll wipe all the clearance out of an aisle for POG and merchandise it when I'm pushing my new stuff, pog sets and flow comes behind and pushes. It's awesome. A little more work spread across every team. Instead of POG having to do it all and getting behind

We are behind now and our teams hours are being cut. Really don't get it. There's 4 of us including tl
I also have three plano team members on my team. I do get the hours needed to set planos plus sales planers. I will schedule trained sales floor team member to help set and stock team members to stock if needed. I schedule brand team members to set tables and adj. It works in my store.

I also have three plano team members on my team. I do get the hours needed to set planos plus sales planers. I will schedule trained sales floor team member to help set and stock team members to stock if needed. I schedule brand team members to set tables and adj. It works in my store.
We finished setting all the domestics and small appliances but still have three of them to pull, but we have like beer pogs and shoes that are pogs and some Halloween plus all the revisions. It feels like we had a crap ton of pogs last week even with a full 40. I hate moving the beer lol. We don't even set the sale planners. Sales floor does

Finished the revisions. But didn't finish the small appliances or start shoes. Had two call offs. But can we replace those hours? Nope.

I hate shoes. We set it exactly and it feels like a waste when a week later it's trashed. I feel like there was no way to not get behind last week. I know I'll be stuck with moving the stupid beer too.

I hate shoes. We set it exactly and it feels like a waste when a week later it's trashed. I feel like there was no way to not get behind last week. I know I'll be stuck with moving the stupid beer too.
When I have the hours I schedule a softlines team member who works in shoes to set shoes I've done this the last two sets. I schedule her from 8am to 4pm. This way when she is done with her sets for the day she can zone and help guest the rest of the day. Its works out pretty well.

I'm curious as to why we are pulling our pogs when I've just learned that it isn't allocated in the adjacency hours.

No one should be pulling there pogs. There is no way a Pog team can strip, clean,set pull,stock, scan, put up all signing, change capacity. Something has to go. That would be pulling, its never been planos job. Anyone remember closed stock rooms only back room team members pulled or back stocked. I put pogs in the day before. They are pulled and ready to go by 4am the day we set. We are not a overnight store.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back