Archived Tips

Status
Not open for further replies.
My old store looked the other way. I came from grocery job where we were allowed to take them and they basically encouraged customers to tip baggers on carry outs.
At the commissary on military bases, it's considered incredibly rude not to tip your bagger and they always come out to your car to help you load it. Never saw my mom tip them less than $5, either.

At the commissary on military bases, it's considered incredibly rude not to tip your bagger and they always come out to your car to help you load it. Never saw my mom tip them less than $5, either.

The commissary is a totally different animal than Target. Their baggers are paid NOTHING except tips.

That was my very first job as a kid - bagging groceries at the local base commissary.

The commissary is a totally different animal than Target. Their baggers are paid NOTHING except tips.

The one commissary I ever visited didn't even have baggers. My brother-in-law must've been on the cheapo base. :D

I accept tips after helping with a carry out, I would never expect one or think otherwise if not given though. Just a nice thank you that's very generous, and it is, it's not necessary for the guest to tip for helping carry-out. I wouldn't tell LOD or GSTL, it's none of their business.
As AP I always watch carry outs on cam. If a tip is given...the team member is put on a final.

I took a tip once, it was late at night, the guest absolutely no english, and I didn't feel like arguing with someone who I couldn't understand a word I say, and it was like 4 dollars. I've declined every other offer though, generally I just run off before they can offer such things as tips anymore.

As AP I always watch carry outs on cam. If a tip is given...the team member is put on a final.

Wow. What a fantastic human being you are. Let it not be said that your work doesn't contribute in every possible way towards the greater good of society. You are a hero of your generation. I couldn't sleep at night if I knew teenagers earning minimum wage were getting away with accepting singles from granny.

Wow. What a fantastic human being you are. Let it not be said that your work doesn't contribute in every possible way towards the greater good of society. You are a hero of your generation. I couldn't sleep at night if I knew teenagers earning minimum wage were getting away with accepting singles from granny.

Wow, what a fantastic human being we are. Let it not be said that your work as a GSA doesn't contribute in every way towards the greater good of society. You are a hero of your generation. I couldn't sleep at night if I knew that teenagers earning minimum wage weren't being constantly browbeaten into tricking granny into signing up for a credit card that she neither wants nor understands.

We all do shit for money that we might not do otherwise.

Wow, what a fantastic human being we are. Let it not be said that your work as a GSA doesn't contribute in every way towards the greater good of society. You are a hero of your generation. I couldn't sleep at night if I knew that teenagers earning minimum wage weren't being constantly browbeaten into tricking granny into signing up for a credit card that she neither wants nor understands.

We all do shit for money that we might not do otherwise.
Yeah but I, for one, think the line there is a little different. RedCards are a necessary evil of the organization. If someone accepts a tip here and there, no big deal. If a TM is constantly soliciting/robbing guests, then there's a case.

If you got TMs holding hands out expecting tips that's another issue that should be talked about at huddles. But as ap I would think you would have better things to watch.

Isn't that a HR policy issue anyway?

Really? Target and it's employees don't have better things to do than try and catch each other accepting a nice gesture from a thankful guest. Why not call the police and have the guest arrested too.

We lost billions of dollars on the Canadian venture. But we have AP people here watching team members accept tips.

It's one thing to hold out your hand and expect it. It's quite another to have a guest stop you as you walk away and give it to you.

How much exactly did our former CEO walk away with? Millions of dollars? Yeah Target, you should be worried about your employees maybe getting a few extra bucks.

If you got TMs holding hands out expecting tips that's another issue that should be talked about at huddles. But as ap I would think you would have better things to watch.

Isn't that a HR policy issue anyway?
AP investgates HR policy

I did a carryout for a guest and she insisted on tipping me. I politely declined, to which she said "Well, I guess if I leave $10 in this cart, you'll have to accidentally find it" and crumpled up a 10 and threw it in the cart I had brought her furniture out on. She smiled at me and told me to get lunch with it... damn right I kept it.

This is what I'd always seen happen (inside AND outside the store).

I agree with some of the comments here: it's one thing to expect/demand it, but I don't understand why it's this whole thing of getting intimidated/fired/coached for someone wanting to show appreciation to someone who's getting paid pennies by a multi-billion dollar corporation.

The way I see it when a guest wants to tip it is your choice to accept it or not. I have been Tipped twice during patio season and both times the guest has put it in my hand and said "This is for YOU.. it is a hot day buy yourself a soda!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back