Archived TL Base Pay

Status
Not open for further replies.
As TL, I’ve never been scheduled less than 36. And that was only once, usually it’s between 38.5 and 40, and it always ends up being 39.9 on the clock anyways lol.
Only guaranteed 32 as a TL but I've never seen someone scheduled less than 40 unless requested

Is the current base pay $16 for TLs? If it is does that mean I'm only getting $1 pay increase on June 2nd? When does the pg45 start and what would the base be??? I've checked every thread and no one has clarified this.

Is the current base pay $16 for TLs? If it is does that mean I'm only getting $1 pay increase on June 2nd? When does the pg45 start and what would the base be??? I've checked every thread and no one has clarified this.
Current TL base is $16. It should go up to $16.50 when the TM base goes up to $13. Current PG45 base is $17.75, which should go up to $18.25. This is all assuming Target follows previous patterns when bases get raised. I haven't heard confirmation on any of these changes. I'm not sure anyone really knows for sure yet.

Current TL base is $16. It should go up to $16.50 when the TM base goes up to $13. Current PG45 base is $17.75, which should go up to $18.25. This is all assuming Target follows previous patterns when bases get raised. I haven't heard confirmation on any of these changes. I'm not sure anyone really knows for sure yet.
I saw communication regarding communication on this topic, and the info reaches STLs and HR the week of 5/19, if I remember correctly. After the mytime/Kronos downtime, and one week before leaders are to be keyed in under the new roles. 5/26 is when PG40s switch to PG45.

There will be mass turnover if TL minimum is only $16.50 when TMs make $13 and up. If my store’s PG45 doesn’t go up a dollar when PG30 does, and if existing PG40s aren’t moved to at least the base for PG45, my store literally won’t have any team leads 🖕🏻

Edit: before some wise-ass says ‘spot will let you guys walk, try them, base pay changes screw everyone’, our PG40 and PG45 pay are above the company base for those paygrades despite PG30 being $12.

Last edited:
I saw communication regarding communication on this topic, and the info reaches STLs and HR the week of 5/19, if I remember correctly. After the mytime/Kronos downtime, and one week before leaders are to be keyed in under the new roles. 5/26 is when PG40s switch to PG45.

There will be mass turnover if TL minimum is only $16.50 when TMs make $13 and up. If my store’s PG45 doesn’t go up a dollar when PG30 does, and if existing PG40s aren’t moved to at least the base for PG45, my store literally won’t have any team leads 🖕🏻

Edit: before some wise-ass says ‘spot will let you guys walk, try them, base pay changes screw everyone’, our PG40 and PG45 pay are above the company base for those paygrades despite PG30 being $12.
My theory on PG40 and PG45 only going up by $.50 (instead of $1) is that PG35 will be the new base for TMs (instead of PG30). PG40 is only $3.50 above PG35.

Recently promoted to GM Lead here. Making $16.70, which includes my performance boost from my last review. I was told I was also supposed to be a key carrier. This being said, I'm not making an extra dollar. Sounds like that boost for carrying a key is indeed going away. I was told that base pay will be $17 now. Pretty sure this is accurate, but not 100%.

Did some digging, did some question asking with leaders who don’t BS me; they’re still waiting on the info. I personally verified that the pay chart (for my store at least, every store has their own) has not yet updated. Of note, on workbench the page with all the paycharts instead of saying ‘last updated’ on the top, said ‘being updated by:’ and someone was editing it.

Having said that, I have more info that can help lead us to make more educated predictions.

The start rate for each paygrade is based on your stores pay ‘structure’, which determines the difference between paygrades. There’s 4 structures, A B C and D. A is base pay all around, currently $(base) for TMs, +$4 for PG40, +$5.75 for PG45. B is +$4.50 for PG40, +$6.50 for PG45. C is +$4.75 for PG40, +$7.50 for PG45. D is +$5.25 for PG40, +$8 for PG45.

The question now is how the reduction in number of paygrades will flatten this all out. The optimistic guess is that those differentials will stay the same, and all leaders will benefit from now being PG45 and receive the higher pay. The pessimistic guess is they will adjust downward $0.50, since they are based on difference from PG30, which won’t exist. The super pessimistic guess is that the new differential between the two paygrades would be the PG40 one minus $0.50 but that would almost certainly result in an unacceptable amount of leadership turnover.

With PG40 people, it’s still to be determined but I would be shocked if the 40s weren’t all bumped to their structure’s PG45 base pay. I don’t even think the system will allow someone to be paid lower than the minimum for the role they are keyed in for. So when mytime is back, everyone will be keyed in under the new roles and job codes and paygrades (in addition to all set scheduled being deleted RIP HR teams).

Keep in mind when dealing with your ETLs/HR/STL that they are also impatiently awaiting all of this info, they’ve got all of us breathing down their necks about it, they’re worried about potential turnover as a result, etc etc.

Recently promoted to GM Lead here. Making $16.70, which includes my performance boost from my last review. I was told I was also supposed to be a key carrier. This being said, I'm not making an extra dollar. Sounds like that boost for carrying a key is indeed going away. I was told that base pay will be $17 now. Pretty sure this is accurate, but not 100%.
Key carrier $1 went away technically. Not sure if it applies to all markets/structures but for mine, the extra dollar was only for PG40 key carriers (logistics/flow TL).

Under the old (technically still current) structures it sounds like you are pay structure A which with TMs at $13 the new PG40 base would be $17. All TLs move to PG45 though, so either (yikes) it stays at $17 meaning my super pessimistic prediction, or (more reasonable) it’ll end up $18.25, or if you’re lucky $18.75.

I was told no, all TL pay stays the same. There will be no bump in TLs pay

So moving up a paygrade doesn't increase current TLs pay but they hire new TLs at the higher paygrade(more money than current TLs). This seems illegal or at very least extremely unethical and they would not be able to keep this a secret.
If it turns out that our pay doesn't increase, then they'll stop hiring TLs at the higher pay.

Also, everyone has been wildly guessing about this topic for a month or two. I'll continue to be skeptical about everything until I hear a consistent answer from multiple reliable sources or I see something with my own eyes.

That's not what I meant. This new pay period after the changes take place I know of a TM promoted to TL to that their wage will be higher than mine now at PG40 they didn't want to tell me their actual wage but did tell me it was more than what I was currently getting. Their new wages went into effect on the 26. This person is completely trust worthy.
If it turns out that our pay doesn't increase, then they'll stop hiring TLs at the higher pay.

Stores will have a big problem on their hands if TMs are making 1 or 2 dollars less than their TLs...I dont know much about it though

Or ETLs get the boot because TLs are now supposed to be doing ETL management duties.
Wait are other stores not doing this? I am gm 1 (inbound) making 16.60 and often the only leader in the building until closing lead comes in. If they’re not going to raise us they better be ready to lose us and we all know our sales floor is not ready to be without a leader

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back