Archived TLs! How much do you make an hour and how many hours do you average per week?

My wage is...

• $15 or less

Votes: 19 14.3%
  • $15-$17

Votes: 38 28.6%
  • $17-$19

Votes: 26 19.5%
  • $19-$21

Votes: 18 13.5%
  • $21+

Votes: 32 24.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
$17.72 - avg hrs: 40 - swimming in vacation and personal hours.

1 yr, 7 months in current TL role.
1 yr, 5 months in previous TL role.
11 months as Perishable/Food Assistant role.
10 years overall with Target.

What am I doing with my life...started out thinking this would just be a temporary job while in college...

Last edited:
$17.72 - avg hrs: 40 - swimming in vacation and personal hours.

1 yr, 7 months in current TL role.
1 yr, 5 months in previous TL role.
11 months as Perishable/Food Assistant role.
10 years overall with Target.

What am I doing with my life...started out thinking this would just be a temporary job while in college...

I feel you. This was supposed to just be a temporary second job to pad my savings.

Could she have been an ETL at some at point and moved back down to GSTL? There may be rules against downgrading pay, or she may have negotiated for staying at her ETL rate or something like that.

I mean... this could be it. I have a printout of the hourly team member data accuracy report from 2012 that shows a hardlines team member at 17.42. This was a team member that was slated for STL but decided to go for their masters degree and took an offer. Im sure at $17 an hour thats way over cap for a hardlines team member. Oh and that relief pharmacist at a little over $50 an hour :eek:

Edit: I'm at 18 as an APTL in a state that doesn't have state income taxes.

I mean... this could be it. I have a printout of the hourly team member data accuracy report from 2012 that shows a hardlines team member at 17.42. This was a team member that was slated for STL but decided to go for their masters degree and took an offer. Im sure at $17 an hour thats way over cap for a hardlines team member. Oh and that relief pharmacist at a little over $50 an hour :eek:

Edit: I'm at 18 as an APTL in a state that doesn't have state income taxes.

That seems cheap considering how much schooling you need to be a pharmacist, not a pharmacy tech / cashier.

This may come as a surprise to some, but Pharmacist income is higher than what is expected. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that the average Pharmacist salary is $120,270 annually. The highest-paid Pharmacists earn more than $157,950 per year, and even the lowest-paid Pharmacists are paid $87,120.

$50/hour no benfits is $104,000 a year. Of course Target would have paid under the average rate - they do for every position.

Well this was from 6 years ago so rates would have increased.... or should I say maybe decreased with the CVS buyout.

I’m sure it’s gone up. Pharmacists make a boat lid and still do. Everyone wants to be one now so it’s a lot harder to get into now but pay is still high

As a PMT I was only making between $19-$20, mostly because I wasn't a PMT the entire time and was only PMT for 3 years. I started at $6 so quite an improvement.

They haven't given you a single raise? 15 is the TL minimum now at 11 dollar stores right?

I'm curious, for California, when minimum wage hits $15, does that mean the base for TL would be $18 minimum? I hate feeling like I'm always making the minimum amount for my position. Sure, it's more money technically, but constantly being not far off from base pay despite years of service kinda sucks.

They haven't given you a single raise? 15 is the TL minimum now at 11 dollar stores right?

When the base pay went up, any TL at my store who was under $15 got bumped up to that. Basically cancelled out previous merit raises. I was sitting at $14.43 at that point.

I'm curious, for California, when minimum wage hits $15, does that mean the base for TL would be $18 minimum? I hate feeling like I'm always making the minimum amount for my position. Sure, it's more money technically, but constantly being not far off from base pay despite years of service kinda sucks.

You will probably be at 19 an hour

I’m sure it’s gone up. Pharmacists make a boat lid and still do. Everyone wants to be one now so it’s a lot harder to get into now but pay is still high

Of course. Everyone can make it through 4 + 2 years of college, which would include at least 2 years of upper division organic chemistry with lots of emphasis on chemical mechanisms. Everyone I know wants to do that.

Of course. Everyone can make it through 4 + 2 years of college, which would include at least 2 years of upper division organic chemistry with lots of emphasis on chemical mechanisms. Everyone I know wants to do that.
I see this happening in Engineering too. I was a TA in college for freshmen Engineering and I saw far too many kids right out of high school thinking engineering was going to be fun and they’d “make bank” (heard that too often). I love my job but the road in wasn’t easy by any means.
@Sloth is right. STEM majors now are the lawyers of yesterday. Everyone wants to get into it and the market will become saturated.

I see this happening in Engineering too. I was a TA in college for freshmen Engineering and I saw far too many kids right out of high school thinking engineering was going to be fun and they’d “make bank” (heard that too often). I love my job but the road in wasn’t easy by any means.
@Sloth is right. STEM majors now are the lawyers of yesterday. Everyone wants to get into it and the market will become saturated.

Depends on the area of study. Child #2 did an internship making ETL pay last summer. Spring break will be spent flying out to 2 different potential employers to discuss this summer's internship options. Don't think there will be any problem finding a job come graduation.

Depends on the area of study. Child #2 did an internship making ETL pay last summer. Spring break will be spent flying out to 2 different potential employers to discuss this summer's internship options. Don't think there will be any problem finding a job come graduation.
Good for them! Internships are great ways to learn the industry and what you want to end up doing. I suppose I meant the cycle is starting, not happening. There’s a need for engineers for sure but we need more than engineers to have a functioning society.

The TL minimum is 14.50 company wide so it's odd but I can see how a new tl makes less.

There are also those who don't understand polls as I learned from my call out thread

When I was a GSTL at my previous store they gave me $12-$12.50 and that was in NY.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back