To That One Guest - II

Guests manage to find the outlets in my store; I don't know how they do it. It's not like there are many of them and the store is huge, yet tripping over a pack of teenagers huddled around the base of a display or post happens all the damn time.

We had one outlet long ago namely for the cleaning crew to plug their equipment in til more people wanted to charge their devices. Fights began to break out between people who plugged in & walked off (expecting us to watch their devices) & those who unplugged them & plugged their own devices in.
After one particularly loud fight leadership instructed our PML to remove it & replace it with a plate. It was walled over during our last remodel.

To the father this morning who had his 4 children with him. Baby in a carrier. Toddler and two other children 5 -7 years old. I felt so bad that I had to tell him we don't open for another 20 minutes. Kids back to the car and buckle back up.

Context: Recently a TL was being blocked into an awkward spot while moving a powered pallet jack with a pallet full of fruit which made it so the handle of the powered pallet jack somehow smashed into the glass door of a freezer, subsequently breaking it. I've attached pictures to show the scene.

To All These Guests: I don't know how else to tell y'all this but you CANNOT go into a severely damaged freezer and the one next to it to get ice cream. It's almost as if it is blocked off with U-boats, caution tape, and "DO NOT ENTER" signs for a reason but ohhhh nooooo, Karen and Kevin NEED their $20 tiny cups of ice cream for herself or they'll die!1!1!1!1 Asking me if I can go into the blocked off area or asking if you can do it is a safety hazard for the both of us. And to the people who try to sneak into it, I lowkey hope that the broken glass of the freezer collapses onto you. There are several convenience stores and a CVS to get ice cream nearby so just go there instead!!!
1E286756-2BFD-4892-89E1-A008EA72CDB1.jpeg
2FE4AA9B-41B5-40AC-9ED4-BEB9F07B46BB.jpeg

To the bus loads of 2-6 pm priviledged afterschool kid "guests"....instant Karma gonna get you. As I ignore your elephant in the room guest status I am visualizing your future as chaotic, disorganized and filled with as much loudness as you inflict upon those inside Target walls between 2-6 pm M-F. May those in your future presence giggle and steal right under your nose. May your abode be littered with never ending half consumed Starbucks drinks.

TTOG: You pulled up something on your phone (a handwritten recipe from a barista at another store), shoved it in my face & said "Make this." We took down the info while you raved about how this barista 'got it right' for you & even wrote it down for you. Evidently, they didn't write it down *exactly* right (because you're supposed to see THEM, not US) & you came back fuming about how *we* made it WRONG & we OBVIOUSLY didn't know WHAT we were doing so we remade it tweaking it according to what you said was 'wrong'.
We also made an *additional* tweak; hope you like decaf.

Last edited:
TTOG: Please stop flagging me down by waving your hands around and shouting “hey” or “hi” as I walk by. It’s very rude and annoying. I have a name, so please try to learn it. Also, when I try to help you with your full list of groceries for your ship order, please don’t give me an attitude when we are out of what you’re looking for. If you continue to give me an attitude I’ll be more than happy to ignore you and walk right past you.

TTOG: Please stop flagging me down by waving your hands around and shouting “hey” or “hi” as I walk by. It’s very rude and annoying. I have a name, so please try to learn it. Also, when I try to help you with your full list of groceries for your ship order, please don’t give me an attitude when we are out of what you’re looking for. If you continue to give me an attitude I’ll be more than happy to ignore you and walk right past you.
Reminds me of the Shipt guest who couldn't find the facial tissue even after I showed her the right aisle (very close to where I was, not sure how she could miss it). She insisted that I help her find the right box of Up & Up tissues even though it was practically right there in front of her. Then she asked me to help her find the next thing on her list - um, no, but I'll tell you which aisle and the approximate location (and then "you need to learn the store, lady" under my breath and behind my mask). Some of these Shipt shoppers are none too bright.

Reminds me of the Shipt guest who couldn't find the facial tissue even after I showed her the right aisle (very close to where I was, not sure how she could miss it). She insisted that I help her find the right box of Up & Up tissues even though it was practically right there in front of her. Then she asked me to help her find the next thing on her list - um, no, but I'll tell you which aisle and the approximate location (and then "you need to learn the store, lady" under my breath and behind my mask). Some of these Shipt shoppers are none too bright.
Right. To make matters worse, this person is a regular and comes in a couple of days every week. Like I get that you also have a job to do. But when I’m busy doing mine and am nice enough to stop and help you out, don’t get huffy with me.

Right. To make matters worse, this person is a regular and comes in a couple of days every week. Like I get that you also have a job to do. But when I’m busy doing mine and am nice enough to stop and help you out, don’t get huffy with me.
Help them... then give em your venmo for your portion of their tip.

Several years ago pre-Christmas: "stocker boy, where the candy canes at"? Felt like saying you fucking arrogant idiot speak English correctly. Ending a sentence with the word "at" is trashy I stayed cool (as hard as it may seem to y'all).

That would drive me bananas. Dude. YOU get paid to shop for people. I don't. Do. Your. Fucking. Job.

The Shipters at my store scare me because they don't do that kind of shit--if they're asking me a question it's because they've done everything they can to find the item. If we're lucky it's in the back, if we're not....ugh. The worst are the ones where the guest can somehow order something without a specific UPC. Maybe they don't do this anymore, but I've been brainstorming with a Shipter trying to figure out if they item we're looking at is the one ordered (or close enough) because the UPC doesn't actually exist in our system.

The only really bad Shipter we had was early on in the pandemic, when we closed at nine, and this idiot shows up at 8:55 (when we closed at 9) with all the confidence of Someone On The Internet Told Me I Was A Target Employee and claimed she could spend as much time as she wanted shopping for her customer after we closed. When I left at 10 the cops were there and she was being trespassed out.

That would drive me bananas. Dude. YOU get paid to shop for people. I don't. Do. Your. Fucking. Job.

The Shipters at my store scare me because they don't do that kind of shit--if they're asking me a question it's because they've done everything they can to find the item. If we're lucky it's in the back, if we're not....ugh. The worst are the ones where the guest can somehow order something without a specific UPC. Maybe they don't do this anymore, but I've been brainstorming with a Shipter trying to figure out if they item we're looking at is the one ordered (or close enough) because the UPC doesn't actually exist in our system.
What is probably happening is that when you order Shipt through Target.com and not Shipt.com, near the very end there's a text box for adding information. The label of the text box is something like information for your shopper including special requests. I've used it a couple of times, one I pretty much just put "Hershey's chocolate" with an approximate size and price range, another time the site wouldn't let me order milk ("not available for same-day delivery") so I put the quantity, size and milkfat I wanted.

My reply was something similar to: We're so sorry but they sold out quickly. Fired the asshole right up to the flash point of water.

TTOG: I wear a name tag. I wear it every day. Please read it and call me by that name, instead of saying "Hi, Beautiful" every time you see me. It's sort of creepy.
No kidding, that is creepy. Can you pretend to just not hear him? I've done that before, thereby not providing the desired response, and it ends pretty quickly.

No kidding, that is creepy. Can you pretend to just not hear him? I've done that before, thereby not providing the desired response, and it ends pretty quickly.
I usually respond the basic minimum. He is in a lot, so I can't ignore him. But I usually just nod and then make myself look extremely busy and unable to stop whatever I am doing. He doesn't do anything else. It's just the one thing he says that creeps me out.

TTOG: No, there's nothing wrong with the Target app. If you entered your password incorrectly, that's *your* fault. Sure, you can insist that the password you entered was right, but it obviously wasn't if you entered said password enough times for it to lock you out. 🤷‍♀️ Yes, I get that it's frustrating that the app logs you out, but I'm not the one that decides what the app itself does...Besides it's for security that it does that.

Honest to God, some people.

You know what really grinds my gears? People who say "grinds my gears". But besides that, people who take a bunch of suitcases off the shelf and unzip every single compartment to take a look inside, and they just leave them on the floor without zipping them back up, and they do that for like 12 of them. So annoying.

You know what really grinds my gears? People who say "grinds my gears". But besides that, people who take a bunch of suitcases off the shelf and unzip every single compartment to take a look inside, and they just leave them on the floor without zipping them back up, and they do that for like 12 of them. So annoying.
When I worked the middle, I'd get annoyed about people putting a bunch of small rugs down on the floor and just leaving them there. And in Kitchen when I'd find boxes of small appliances opened, styrofoam packing pieces nearby - do they not see the display model right there? Putting those boxes back together is not easy. But yeah, your gripe is legit - working retail, we see evidence way too often of how some people can be such jerks.

Back