To That One Guest - II

TTOG: You're nuts if you think we’re gonna believe you walked out of this store with an empty Nintendo Switch box yesterday and you want an exchange. Fuck outta here. 🤣
Sadly, this works sometimes. I had a guest claim they bought one of those expensive DSLR camera. It was the Nikon D3400 bundle that they got on sale for like $650 if I remember right. She came in five days later claiming there was nothing in the box. LOD refused to come up and told me to call AP.

She didn’t have a receipt either, so I had to iPOS it and look it up, which took forever because she had vague information and kept changing how it was paid for. Anyway, we find it and our electronics tm literally grabbed it from the back for her. And if you have ever felt one of those cameras, they’re bulky and have some weight to it, so I do not believe for a second that our tm or the guest didn’t notice it was an empty box. AP agreed, but said it was LOD’s call.

I walkied LOD back and explained everything to him. I mentioned she seemed sketchy with her story changes. Then asked if he could come up or if I could meet him somewhere. He got silent, didn’t respond, and then said, “I don’t have time to deal with it. Just do the return.” It was fun.

I’ve had instances like that as well. Coming back like 10 or 14 days after purchasing the item and coming in saying “oh there was nothing in it when I opened it” and it’s like an at least $500+ item. Sure, Jan.

And the fact they waited that long to come back and say so. Or without calling first.
(I always love the excuse, "Well, I wasn't gonna drive all the way back here!" Granted, yes, if you're far away, that makes sense...but spend $600 and NOT call?!)

TTOG - I’m sorry you didn’t like your instapot. But when I opened the box to confirm it was inside and found it wet and still smelling like chili it was obviously used. Since you didn’t say it was defective when I specifically asked “Is there anything wrong with it?” I decided to deny your return. I pointed to the sign saying items in “new” condition could be returned as I handed back your receipt. If you had washed and dried it properly I would probably have done the return. That was disgusting.

TTOG - I’m sorry you didn’t like your instapot. But when I opened the box to confirm it was inside and found it wet and still smelling like chili it was obviously used. Since you didn’t say it was defective when I specifically asked “Is there anything wrong with it?” I decided to deny your return. I pointed to the sign saying items in “new” condition could be returned as I handed back your receipt. If you had washed and dried it properly I would probably have done the return. That was disgusting.
Probably just used it for the Super Bowl, "Welp, won't use this for another year, might as well return it and get some Valentine's Day crap!"

TTOG - What in the name of Bulleye's made you think that you could take the OPU three tier to do your shopping? If the stack of shopping bags or RFID gun in the cart didn't clue you into the fact that it's not a guest cart, how did the sign on it that says "OPU ONLY" fail to do so?

OPU TM left the cart by the service desk while taking a drive up order out. The front end was busy and, as is typical, understaffed so no one noticed that in the very short period of time the OPU cart was unattended a guest took off with it. Salesfloor had to drop everything we were doing and frantically search around for this guest, who really didn't want to be found, as of course another OPU dropped almost immediately so the OPU TM had to run all the way to the backroom to search for an empty three tier, which aren't exactly plentiful as most are overflowing with electronics and beauty backstock that rarely gets done.

In that vein, TTOG: I had emptied my 3-tier of boxes & was taking it to my area to load up backstock when you followed me up.
I asked if I could help you & you said no, that you were 'waiting for the cart'.
I explained that these were work carts only, not for guest shopping but you were persistent in wanting one 'because'.
I noped thru the door & closed it in your face.

TTOG- I am not here to be interrogated about my reproductive status. I'm here to ring you up for purchase or return them. Whether or not I plan to reproduce is none of your bleeping business. Also, after I explain my face is red because of rosacea, don't respond with " oh, I'm sure you'll grow out of it", " oh, isn't there something you can take for it?" Or my personal favorite " oh, you poor thing". My dermatological issue is not a topic of conversation.

I have to say, working on remodel at night the past couple weeks has been a nice change of pace to avoid stories like these. Can’t say I miss hardlines, but this will come to an end eventually lol.

TTOG-Why didn't you tell me that you had the RedCard on your Wallet before I scanned Cartwheel? Once you scan it, Wallet cannot be scanned again, so the only way to pay with it would be to re-ring the purchase, which you didn't want to do. No, the GSTL would have likely said the same thing and wouldn't have given you the 5% off manually with another form of payment. I really don't believe you when you said that you've used the Wallet with the RedCard before since if that were the case, you would have known how to use it properly.

Omggg I will always scan someone’s cartwheel and then they’re like “did the payment not work?” And I’m like “there was no payment attached” and then they click and show me like their card that shows the last 4 numbers and be like “here it is” and I’m like “if you want to pay with that you need to connect it to the barcode but even then I already scanned it so I can’t scan it again” and they of course never have their physical card on them and it’s suuuchhhh a headache

You guys probably already all know this - blue background is grabbing only Cartwheel offers, red background also applies a linked payment from Wallet (Redcard or gift cards).

Because I've been burned with the whole re-scan the entire purchase issue before, I've started watching their phone screen and customizing my conversation accordingly. If they've told me that they have a RC, the screen is blue and they don't have their card in hand, I talk up Wallet and the ability to link the payment. If they then tell me it's linked, I tell them that it's not activated and point out the background coloring.

Also, if it's red, I ask if they also have any gift cards. If they say yes, I hit total, and then scan the bar code because POS will then ask if the guest has additional payment methods. But this does NOT work at SCO yet. Either they have to have physical cards for both, or they both have to be activated in Wallet.

So far it's saved me from a re-ring since I started doing this. But I'll admit I've only been doing this for a couple shifts.

You guys probably already all know this - blue background is grabbing only Cartwheel offers, red background also applies a linked payment from Wallet (Redcard or gift cards).

Because I've been burned with the whole re-scan the entire purchase issue before, I've started watching their phone screen and customizing my conversation accordingly. If they've told me that they have a RC, the screen is blue and they don't have their card in hand, I talk up Wallet and the ability to link the payment. If they then tell me it's linked, I tell them that it's not activated and point out the background coloring.

Also, if it's red, I ask if they also have any gift cards. If they say yes, I hit total, and then scan the bar code because POS will then ask if the guest has additional payment methods. But this does NOT work at SCO yet. Either they have to have physical cards for both, or they both have to be activated in Wallet.

So far it's saved me from a re-ring since I started doing this. But I'll admit I've only been doing this for a couple shifts.
works at SCO if you take it into store mode, but that's a hassle

TMs scheduled for SCO have to handle cash payments. Quit bitching that that's not what "self checkout is" it's not going to fix anything.

TTMultipleGuests: Once you put your card in the reader, to get beyond the "Please Wait..." message, you have to press "pay". 🙄🙄🙄🙄 I cannot believe I had four people put on their lights asking "Well, I put my card in, but it just says Please Wait..." And they were still on the checkout screen.

TTMultipleGuests: Once you put your card in the reader, to get beyond the "Please Wait..." message, you have to press "pay". 🙄🙄🙄🙄 I cannot believe I had four people put on their lights asking "Well, I put my card in, but it just says Please Wait..." And they were still on the checkout screen.
It literally highlights the pay button and beeps at you... some people

We confirm daily the poor reading comprehension skills of the general public. Please remove the card is a hurdle for them, too.

Attention span in general is non-existent in most Guests. I can't express how many times I've seen cashiers at 3 or more empty lanes (Low Volume Store Blues) standing at the end, ready to take guests, and they'll all file into a big long line into whatever cashier is working closest to the sales floor despite there being lanes open right beside them.

Guest asked me what cartwheel was, and I was like “you download the target app and it has a barcode scanner so you can scan everything you’re buying and it will tell you if there’s like a coupon for it, and then you have a personal barcode on your phone that I scan and then it takes all the coupons off” and she was like “well how does that work? My stuff still has to be bagged.” And I was like “oh you scan your stuff like as you take it off the shelf when you’re shopping not like as I’m scanning it for you to buy it” and she was like “it still needs to be bagged” and I was so confused??? like what is she even talking about?? And I was like “nothing about the transaction is different I scan and bag your stuff like normal except I scan the barcode on your phone at the end” and she was like “yeah, don’t really see how that works because I want my stuff to be bagged.”

WHAT ARE YOU EVEN TALKING ABOUT LADY??????

Back