Guest #1 " I look for pancakes"

Me- " sure are you looking for pancake mix or frozen"

G#1 "ok"

M- "mix or frozen"

G#1" ok"

M- "something to make or something to put in a toaster oven"

G#1" show me mix"

Walks guest over......

Seconds later my team member is walking them to the freezer.

Guest #2 " I'm looking for sprinkled cheese"

Me- "Shredded cheese is over here"

Guest #3 " I'm looking for lunch sacks"

Now I could have been frustrated at this point and assumed he meant brow paper sacks....so I show him where those are.

Of course I was wrong. Why not say lunch box or describe the item.

Of course I was wrong. Why not say lunch box or describe the item.
Once had a guest ask where the timers were. I immediately assumed, it being October at the time, that she meant she needed a kitchen timer.
She was like: "No. I want a timer". And repeated only the word "timer" as a descriptive word for a whole 30 seconds until finally the word "lights" popped out of her mouth and I understood.

TTOG: I understand that guest services was busy and there was *gasp* a line, but if you want to do wedding registry stuff, you'll need to wait in that line. I, the team member who was standing on a step ladder in toys when you found me at the complete opposite end of the store, cannot help you. No, I cannot go up to guest services and get the registry for you so you can cut in line. For one, I don't know how to do that stuff. Secondly, I was under strict orders not to get diverted from my task doing a complete audit of the aisle. Also, you're being a bitch and I really don't give a shit about your problem. Go wait in line, Karen.

Literally so many people will think just because they don’t have a return they deserve to skip the line. One time I was by myself at open and I clocked in and walked to guest service and my line was already 5 people long. I was speed walking to the OPU room to grab someone’s order when some guy stopped me and was like “do you have a lost and found?” And I was like “yeah it’s at guest service I’ll look for whatever you lost when I get to you” and he was like “there’s a line” and I was like “yep it’s just me and I’m going as fast as I can” and he was like “I really have to wait in line for you to look in the lost and found?” And I was like “yes you can’t just cut everyone that’s been waiting and expect me to stop everything I’m doing to look for whatever you lost” and I was like looking out of the corner of my eye and the line had like doubled during the course of this conversation and he was just like still like “what? I have to wait in line? That’s rediculous I shouldn’t have to wait in line” like literally rambling and I finally was like “AGAIN I CANT LET YOU CUT EVERYONE I AM ALONE BY MYSELF AND WILL GET TO YOU WHEN I CAN” and walked into the OPU room. He waited in line lmao

Or the occasional lady that will come up to the side of the service desk when all 4 registers are being used and the line is still super long and she’s like “I just have a simple exchange” interrupting me with a guest and I’m like “yep we do that here” and she’s like “I don’t want to wait in line” and I’m like “even for simple things you can’t cut everyone” and she’s like “it’ll be super fast I don’t have time to wait in line” and I’m like “everyone is busy and they’ve already been waiting you can’t cut them” and they like refuse to take that answer lol

TTImpatientPeopleAtSCO: OK, it's Sunday and I am the only SCO person on this side of the store, so yes, that means you might have to wait a few minutes while I help other guests. No, I'm not ignoring you, I'm just getting to the lights as I see them.

Also, never interrupt me while I'm helping another guest, especially if it's for something as stupid as collecting coupons. :rolleyes:

Yes, oh dear, you're going to die because I can't collect your coupons within a nanosecond of the alert popping up. :eek::rolleyes:

I hate people.

To that one guest at self-checkout: I don't know why you felt the need to confront me and yell at me as I was monitoring your transaction. You were the only guest at self-checkout at the time so of course I'm going to watch you to make sure you scan all of your items. If you didn't want me to be focusing only on you, maybe you can come to Target when it is busier and there are more guests. I really should have called AP on you.

Ttobg-

A hardlines call box is going off and happen to be the closest so I go walk to it. I can't even walk to the phone fast enough and she's picking up the phone for 2nd time [mind you the 60 seconds hasn't even gone off yet] I walk up and explain that it let's us know on the radio you need help (basically stop) so I ask how I can help. She is looking for something in domestics but on the back wall. Instead of being grateful that I offered to help she is a complete bitch. So we are walking down the back and explaining our aisles. A normal person would be like "oh ok" nope Karen is like " my paychecks don't say Target so it's not my job to know that" That's why I'm telling you incase you come in next time but basically doesn't care. I tell her that we are available to help her [walked by 3 cashiers and a beauty tm] and goes off saying how we are busying working. Sorry we don't stand around 💁‍♀️

And you know she'd be the first asking for a manager at the front lanes to complain about TMs "standing around and doing nothing" if they weren't all doing tasks.

And you know she'd be the first asking for a manager at the front lanes to complain about TMs "standing around and doing nothing" if they weren't all doing tasks.
Seen that. We had a huddle while the lanes were busy but not busy enough for backup to be called. 20 or so minutes later a guest called fuming, wanting to talk to the "manager in charge" because she had seen a bunch of (what she assumed) managers standing around near the registers having a meeting instead of helping with checking out, and she wanted to chew out the LOD for that.

TTOG, seriously 3 minutes before the store closes you ask me to unlock a Roku from an electronics case. My dude, I have one section of a pog left to complete my zone. It's freezing out and I want to go home. But, OK I'll unlock that case and speed walk it to the front for you so I can speed walk back, asshole.

TTOG, seriously 3 minutes before the store closes you ask me to unlock a Roku from an electronics case. My dude, I have one section of a pog left to complete my zone. It's freezing out and I want to go home. But, OK I'll unlock that case and speed walk it to the front for you so I can speed walk back, asshole.
People can be such idiots. I'd not go NEAR electronics case just before close after what happened in Chicago a few weeks ago.

Crazy people out there and if they are shopping for ROKU at closing, certifiably such.

Stay warm!

I think I would have had a hard time not being super confused about someone asking for a grape cutter. Like, is that a new toy? Some form of slang that I'm missing? Isn't that just a knife?
Yeah! Just bring dude to the automotive area where we have camping type things and introduce the amazing pocket knife (suddenly called a grape slicer, but it's all good).

People can be such idiots. I'd not go NEAR electronics case just before close after what happened in Chicago a few weeks ago.

Crazy people out there and if they are shopping for ROKU at closing, certifiably such.

Stay warm!
What happened in Chicago?

TTOG: It's three minutes to close at my SB counter, pots are emptied & your group comes up wanting coffee.
I'd have brewed a pot if several of your party wanted it but they saw that I was about to close & decided NOT to order.
You didn't want a pourover or a latte, you wanted me to brew a pot so you began cajoling & nagging everyone else in the group to get coffee JUST so you could get 'freshly brewed'.
You ended up pissing off your group as they shamed you for expecting me to stay past closing to fix you a cup.
Bet the rest of your night was real fun.

As dumb as the grape cutter thing looks, they're good for babies as they can easily choke on whole grapes. Sliced grapes are easier for them to eat.

But I agree, just use a knife lol.
I agree to just use a knife. There ARE grape cutters out there though. They're pricey. They act like miniature apple cutters. Waste of money, imo.

Wonder how long until someone comes out with tiny and ridiculously expensive jars precut grapes.

🍇

Back