To That One Guest - II

I try to do this but they usually refuse to move from in front of the card reader so even if I scan the next guest’s stuff they can’t pay for it
Could you lie and say you can't pull theirs back up until the second transaction is completed?

Or scan the second stuff until Karen is ready, suspend that, finish with Karen, and resume the second one when the first person is done.

TO that one Guest Today: I asked you to leave the jewelry on the counter because it is company policy that we only allow clothing items in the fitting room. I would have mentioned the purse too IF I had realized that it wasn't yours. You asked if you had to leave the purse out and when I realized it wasn't yours and said "yes" you replied that I was acting like you were going to steal the stuff and you changed your mind and stomped off. I'm sorry you took it that way but every guest after you had no problem obliging without getting huffy. -_-

I try to do this but they usually refuse to move from in front of the card reader so even if I scan the next guest’s stuff they can’t pay for it
Same goes for the Karen's who come up to the SD to do a return and then decide to search for their receipt or card. Meanwhile, the line grows behind them.

Same goes for the Karen's who come up to the SD to do a return and then decide to search for their receipt or card. Meanwhile, the line grows behind them.
This bothers me so much!!! Especially when they’ve been waiting in line. Like you had all this time and you didn’t think to get it out? And they’re always like “omg lol I swear I had it right here lol”

TO that one Guest Today: I asked you to leave the jewelry on the counter because it is company policy that we only allow clothing items in the fitting room. I would have mentioned the purse too IF I had realized that it wasn't yours. You asked if you had to leave the purse out and when I realized it wasn't yours and said "yes" you replied that I was acting like you were going to steal the stuff and you changed your mind and stomped off. I'm sorry you took it that way but every guest after you had no problem obliging without getting huffy. -_-

It sounds exactly like she was going to steal the stuff.

TTOG: Hey lady, everything on the conveyor belt has NOT been scanned yet. I even told you all of the items I scanned are on side where I bagged the items. If I never saw that item on the conveyor belt, that means you didn’t place it on there.

So please do not go off at me for not scanning an item I saw neither on the conveyor belt nor in your cart because TPS caught that pack of batteries in your bag. Whatever happened has happened, but then you just had to be passive aggressive to say that I wasn’t diligently doing my job and I was wasting your time. Karen please, you’re wasting your time and energy to bitch at me.

People are too nice and stew in silence. People need to be more assertive and tell them to step aside until ready. Entitled people are how they are because no one protests.

Hmmm, maybe a good new half year's resolution for myself.

People are too nice and stew in silence. People need to be more assertive and tell them to step aside until ready. Entitled people are how they are because no one protests.

Hmmm, maybe a good new half year's resolution for myself.
Back in the day it would be the guest who would wait to fill out the check until they got the total of their purchase.

Glah! Yeah, I remember those days. Nice people had the date/payable to/signature filled before the total, and had written in SSNs/DLs next to their names as well, so the cashier could just compare rather than take more time to write down the SSNs/DLs. Karen didn't even have a pen ready before the final total and didn't take the DL out until prompted, and half the time took the cashier's pen with her.

TTOG who did a last minute 30+ item Drive Up order: You suck. If it had been all baby food or all cleaning/paper products, I wouldn’t be so irritated. But you did both, so you suck. I missed goal and our % was screwed.😡

Back