To That One Guest - II

Oh shut up; this is a complaint and airing grievances thread. Nobody needs to hear you defending the guest.
I was not rude, telling me "shut up" is rude. And grievances is one thing, but you bragged about deliberately sabotaging it with the oldest and most damaged stuff you can find. There are Karens but there are also people being reasonable and the TM is an ass. Now I do hope you have some issue at some point that gets you poor treatment and sub-par goods by someone who thinks just like you.

I was not rude, telling me "shut up" is rude. And grievances is one thing, but you bragged about deliberately sabotaging it with the oldest and most damaged stuff you can find. There are Karens but there are also people being reasonable and the TM is an ass. Now I do hope you have some issue at some point that gets you poor treatment and sub-par goods by someone who thinks just like you.

Cool, good to know that I can start commenting on your own grievances here.

You mean like those women who wheel up to the fitting room with 20 or so items and they leave with only one or two....or worse, none? Those bitches also need to go to that special hell. If your wallet won't support 20 dresses, don't try that fucking many on .

Who are you to judge these people? Maybe they just don't know what looks good on them. Maybe they can't afford it and want to just pretend to feel rich for a day. Maybe they're depressed and want to try on dresses to feel better. Maybe they had a bad injury and this is their first time out. Maybe they don't have a car and have to try on a bunch of things at once. Maybe they can't afford it and want to just pretend to feel rich for a day. How dare you judge this person for not having enough money.

How very classist and elitist of you.

What is your issue with me? All through this thread people have been called out by others when it's clear the guest wasn't unreasonable, I'm not doing something no one else has done, but you are targeting me. And rather than civil debate about the issue, you told me to "shut up". So spill it, what is it about me? And why a personal attack instead of sticking with the issues?

(while closing down registers; we are down to one cashier)

Me: (just closing down a lane)
Guest: (starts putting stuff on the belt)
M: Sorry, ma'am, this lane isn't open, but Lane X is.
G: She is helping someone, I am in a hurry. Just do this. Other cashiers do it all the time.
(the guest in the other lane was almost done, didn't even need to call a backup or I would have)
M: Sorry but I am closing down the registers and cannot check out your items. Lane X is almost finished and they can help you out. You're also welcome to try self checkout if you'd like.
G: (still putting items on belt) NO!! You're being paid to serve me! You have on a name tag that says TARGET on it and I need you to serve me. I am not leaving this lane.
M: (does this register need coin? No) I am truly sorry but I am unable to assist you. You'll need to move to another lane that is open. I must continue my task.
(Walked off)

Look lady if you're gonna use Target's OPU to do your fucking grocery shopping because you're too lazy to get off your ass I'm grabbing our most damaged looking and closest to out of date product that I can.

I love my grocery OPU/Drive Ups. They're easy. All I have to do is just zip through market and grab the first item on the shelf. My market team has their shit together so INFs are extremely rare. Those are great metric-padding orders.

Typically, the drive up guests are moms who don't want to bother with having to take their kids out of their car seats and into the store. I approve of this because the fewer kids to navigate around in the store, the better.

I love my grocery OPU/Drive Ups. They're easy. All I have to do is just zip through market and grab the first item on the shelf. My market team has their shit together so INFs are extremely rare. Those are great metric-padding orders.

Typically, the drive up guests are moms who don't want to bother with having to take their kids out of their car seats and into the store. I approve of this because the fewer kids to navigate around in the store, the better.
The only thing I ask from Drive Up grocery runs/large orders/bulky items is... Please use the "I'm on my way" feature!

Too many times it's CHIRPCHIRPHONKHONK!!!!!!! and it takes 2 minutes to load a 3-tier with 6 cases of water, 12 soda 12-packs, 4 bags of dog food, 3 cat litter buckets, 68 baby foods, 24 cans of vegetables, 20 boxes of macaroni and cheese, 9 baby formulas, 10 bags of chips, 14 makeup/cosmetic items, and one tube of toothpaste. (An actual order I had)

SETL was mad we missed the goal, ETL-SE is trying to do them under a minute. We got feedback from both.

The only thing I ask from Drive Up grocery runs/large orders/bulky items is... Please use the "I'm on my way" feature!

Too many times it's CHIRPCHIRPHONKHONK!!!!!!! and it takes 2 minutes to load a 3-tier with 6 cases of water, 12 soda 12-packs, 4 bags of dog food, 3 cat litter buckets, 68 baby foods, 24 cans of vegetables, 20 boxes of macaroni and cheese, 9 baby formulas, 10 bags of chips, 14 makeup/cosmetic items, and one tube of toothpaste. (An actual order I had)

SETL was mad we missed the goal, ETL-SE is trying to do them under a minute. We got feedback from both.

Talk to your leads about having those insane driveups already loaded up on three tiers ready to go. That's what I do. Had a 57(89) driveup a couple of days ago. I just scanned it all into a bulk hold location and packed it onto a 3 tier when I had the chance. (It sat at the end of the service desk for an hour or so while I fullfilled other orders.) But, eventually I just went to my SETL and said, "I'm not really sure what I want to do with this order, but I could grab a three tier from the back, put it on there and hope the guest comes sometime in the next day or so." He said, "Yes, do that." The order was gone the next morning and all was right in Targetland.

Last edited:
What is your issue with me? All through this thread people have been called out by others when it's clear the guest wasn't unreasonable, I'm not doing something no one else has done, but you are targeting me. And rather than civil debate about the issue, you told me to "shut up". So spill it, what is it about me? And why a personal attack instead of sticking with the issues?

Because I'm not other people, and I want to vent in this thread without complaint.

You're just the unfortunate person to say anything.

TTOG:
No, it was not extremely noticeable that you were pushing a 2 tier U Boat all throughout Target, and loading it up, along with a diaper backpack that was completely stuffed. Only to realize that we were onto you and blocking the exit....
It was not extremely noticeable that you then went over to guest services instead of the check lanes to see if we would ship the items to your house.😂 It was not extremely noticeable that while they were ringing up those items you claim you were going to buy, you were just going to look at the stuff in One Spot, and then run out the store.

You have three tiers to spare to sit around for however many hours or days until those guests show up? Lucky....

I wish we had fewer at the moment. We had a week of realitively light trucks so all the freight got done and there aren't a bunch of pulls sitting on all the backroom vehicles. On the one hand, that makes my job easier. So, yay! On the other hand, that means there all sorts of empty vehicles in the back, including a long row of 3 tiers that always seem to be in my way. Maybe we could send some to your store?

Maybe we could send some to your store?

That would be awesome. We had a ton of extras when we moved to an enhanced SFS and they all got new carts, but they seem to have gone away. The ones we have now are almost entirely taken up by reshop, constantly, because we can't ever keep up with that (or freight, or pulls, or zone or audit or planos or price change or....Yay, modernization!).

We usually have one or two empty near GS for reshop to go to the back room. They come in, beeline for GS for a return or OPU, then head towards the card wall instead of back towards the main entrance and snag the 3-tier on their way past. I don't *think" they're going that route deliberately for the 3-tier, I think they're just going for what they think is the fastest route to the merchandise they want, because pretty much everyone else walks through the SCO area to get to the sales floor after they leave GS.

You mean like those women who wheel up to the fitting room with 20 or so items and they leave with only one or two....or worse, none? Those bitches also need to go to that special hell. If your wallet won't support 20 dresses, don't try that fucking many on .
Oh my god, I literally just had this happen last night at SCO. Lady and her mom spent close to 20 minutes at like, 10:15 PM debating whether they wanted to buy the dresses and tops. They pay, and the daughter says: "I'm just going to return them all now because I don't want them, it's too much."
🙄🙄🙄

Then don't buy the stuff if you know you don't want it. Don't be that person that Service Desk hates.

Yeah, seriously. We're not personal servants. Trying on far more stuff than you intend to buy and returning far more than you knew you wanted during purchase is treating us like maids who are subservient than social equals whose job is to present merchandise in a pleasing manner and provide product knowledge and assist in locating items. Accidental messes are part of the job, deliberate messes are people who believe they are nobility and think we are villein. I even had a woman tell me flat out that I should come to her house and organize her closet.

TTOG: Thanks for the comment card! You were very pleasant to interact with and patient when I had to get product from the backroom. Everyone should be like you. I'm also glad we were able to find the bacon you wanted.

TTOG after her: It was a holiday weekend, I have no control over our Pepsi vendor, and they were not in yesterday OR Monday. If you REALLY needed that Diet Mountain Dew 6 pack of 20 oz bottles, there are PLENTY of grocery stores plus Walmart around if you don't want to wait for us.

To Receipt Guest: I truly appreciate that you remained calm and polite for the entire twenty minutes it took for us to figure out that your order never even went through. I appreciate that you recognized that we were busy as Hell before the holiday, and that you weren't mad at all when my printer didn't work. You were unfailingly kind and reassuring, and I wish that I could have done more for you than a small gift card. I wouldn't mind backing up so very much if every guest were like you.

To Coffee Guest: I hope that you step on a Lego daily for the rest of your life. I have no authority over Dry ordering, and I can't do anything about Target not selling your unpopular favorite flavor of coffee any more. That flavor sold like garbage so Target dumped. I offered to let you speak to a manager, but you literally told me, "I don't want to talk to anyone who can't fix this problem." So why the Hell did you then spend ten minutes bitching at me, when I made it perfectly clear that I have even less control over Dry ordering than my managers? If all you wanted to do was complain, email corporate.

Last edited:
To Receipt Guest: I truly appreciate that you remained calm and polite for the entire twenty minutes it took for us to figure out that your order never even went through. I appreciate that you recognized that we were busy as Hell before the holiday, and that you weren't mad at all when my printer didn't work. You were unfailingly kind and reassuring, and I wish that I could have done more for you than a small gift card. I wouldn't mind backing up so very much if every guest were like you.

This is why I wish they gave us something like "guest appreciation" coupons, for 10% off their purchase that day or something. I realize the Entitled Guests would find a way to make it a horrible thing very quickly, but man, how nice it would be to be able to hand out something tangible to guests who are genuinely awesome about problems, or who throw their Starbucks cups away in the trash instead of leaving them all over the place, or refold their towels so I can't even tell they unfolded them, or keep their children from climbing all over creation, or patiently waited for me to finish helping another guest and so on. I wish there was some way I could reward those guests in some way, but I know it would turn into a shitshow with entitled Karens demanding coupons and complaining for not getting them and generally ruining the whole fucking concept.

This is why I wish they gave us something like "guest appreciation" coupons, for 10% off their purchase that day or something. I realize the Entitled Guests would find a way to make it a horrible thing very quickly, but man, how nice it would be to be able to hand out something tangible to guests who are genuinely awesome about problems, or who throw their Starbucks cups away in the trash instead of leaving them all over the place, or refold their towels so I can't even tell they unfolded them, or keep their children from climbing all over creation, or patiently waited for me to finish helping another guest and so on. I wish there was some way I could reward those guests in some way, but I know it would turn into a shitshow with entitled Karens demanding coupons and complaining for not getting them and generally ruining the whole fucking concept.
I take it stickers won’t suffice for adults?

I wish there was some way I could reward those guests in some way, but I know it would turn into a shitshow with entitled Karens demanding coupons and complaining for not getting them and generally ruining the whole fucking concept.
Yep. I worked at another retailer that gave out free popcorn and coffee to the early arriving customers during one sale event, and the customers complained because there was no free orange juice for the kids. Karen is never satisfied with anything...🙄

Small purchases - credit for a bunch of reusable bags. Large purchases - key in $2-5 Target coupon. Guest is rewarded and Karen won't know.

No, lady, I don't have time to explain the difference between humidifiers and air purifiers, and explain what a HEPA filter is. I need to get this 34 dpci OPU up and I have about 6 more items and 5 minutes left. I don't care that you're 80, and there's nobody else around.
Missed the goal by about 30 seconds. My % is f*^@%d for today.

Back