To That One Guest - II

TTOG: I understand your computer told you that Target sells Amana over the stove microwaves, but all my searches in our target systems says we do not. You insisting your computer is right isn't going to change that fact that we don't carry it. When I search google, it says what you want is at bestbuy. Do I really need to "call a manager" to tell you the same thing?
Sounds like the woman I had on my second Black Friday ever.

"Ooh, yeah. Ma'am this baby monitor is ringing $100 more than what the ad says, let me call my manager just to make sure that's the right product."

Guest "It is! I swear! See? Look." *points frantically at ad*

"Yes, I see it, but I'm just going to get my manager. That seems pretty steep, even for a Black Friday deal."

Guest: "But I swear I'm not lying! I know I have the right one. Can't you just give me the deal?? Please? It's the right monitor, honestly."

Turned out that it was in the wrong spot and really was $100 more than the ad.

Sorry, but begging me to give you a deal on a high dollar item isn't going to make me cave. Even less so when you give me the lip lol. 😂😂🙄

Do they sell those over the counter? My son had minor surgery as an infant and that's how they administered his pain meds post-surgery, but I've never seen/heard of them being used outside of a hospital.

TTOB: My coworker had finished your hot drink & capped it with a splash stick plugged in the lid because that's how we serve hot drinks. You bitched at her for doing her job but then you pulled out the splash stick & THREW it at her?!

You got yourself a standing order for decaf from now on bitch.

Edit: Oh, and you should try a different make-up counter at the drug store. That pancake you're wearing doesn't match at ALL.

Last edited:
Do they sell those over the counter? My son had minor surgery as an infant and that's how they administered his pain meds post-surgery, but I've never seen/heard of them being used outside of a hospital.
and @Hardlinesmaster Yep, we have them at my store. It's called "FeverAll" and is with the medications for children, right under the thermometers. Just put some on the shelf a couple days ago.

TTOG who doesn't believe what I say because it's not the answer you want to hear:
Guest: Do you know this area well?
Me (DBO): Yes, I do, what can I help you find?
Guest: There's something for muscle aches and I can't remember the name exactly, something like ___ but it's not Biofreeze. (I can't remember the name now.)
Me: Okay, all of those products are right in here, but that brand isn't one I recognize.
Guest: Well, the Target in [another city in another part of the state] carries it.
Me: I understand, but not all Targets carry exactly the same things and some items are available online only.
Guest: (continuing to stare at the shelves with Tiger Balm, Blue Emu, etc.): Well, I'm sure you must have it because the Target in __ has it.
Me: Hmm [searching on my Zebra], turns out none of the stores in this area carries it, so sorry. I guess you'll have to pick some up the next time you're in __ or order it online.

And I'm thinking, why could you not believe me in the first place?

TTOG - no, I’m sorry but we don’t sell Amazon gift cards.
TTOG2 - no, I’m sorry but we don’t sell Amazon gift cards.
Rinse and repeat. EVERY DAY for the past two weeks.
I’m glad gift card buying season is coming to an end. I also had several guests ask about gas gift cards which we didn’t have. Wondered about the reasoning behind not carrying them on the holiday gift card tower.

TTOG - no, I’m sorry but we don’t sell Amazon gift cards.
TTOG2 - no, I’m sorry but we don’t sell Amazon gift cards.
Rinse and repeat. EVERY DAY for the past two weeks.
I’m glad gift card buying season is coming to an end. I also had several guests ask about gas gift cards which we didn’t have. Wondered about the reasoning behind not carrying them on the holiday gift card tower.
"We don't sell a direct competitors gift cards sorry,"

TTOG (actually 2 yesterday and 1 today): Seriously, you're asking me if we have any rapid at-home covid tests in stock and you're NOT wearing a mask? You do understand what the test is for, right?
I had a guest who refused to touch the card reader for circle prompts bc COVID… but his mask was well below his nose 🙄

TTOG, I am so sorry that our organic banana prices change up or down by a dime so frequently, and that you must endure the surely-terrifying anticipation of the price at checkout to find out if we have accidentally forgotten to change the sign again. If there is anything worth a person's time in this world, it is complaining - NOT about the price of bananas, since you're fine with the ten-cent-higher price, which you made very, very clear - but the incorrectness of the price, which surely filled you with a certain expectation that was, indeed, missed by a whole dime. I can only thank you from the bottom of my heart, and on behalf of the entire chamber of fucking commerce, for the exposition concerning this dime-sized variance in the expected value of your day. What a thing we have done to you. I will think about it later tonight. I might even write a paragraph about it. If you believe in a god, especially if it's a banana god, I hope he smites us.

TTOG #1: What I thought was a small piece of white, crumpled paper left on a shelf turned out to be your discarded chewing gum. Who in their right mind thinks a store shelf is an appropriate place to leave your wad of chewed gum? Gross.
TTOG #2: Yes, those two deodorants are exactly the same except one is a single and the other is a double-pack. The little sticker on the single one may or may not be on the caps of the ones in the double-pack but it doesn't really matter because the product is the same. This is not rocket science.

TTOG #2: Yes, those two deodorants are exactly the same except one is a single and the other is a double-pack. The little sticker on the single one may or may not be on the caps of the ones in the double-pack but it doesn't really matter because the product is the same. This is not rocket science.
Obviously the two pack only has half as much in each one. That's how they get ya!

Spot has Nature Valley Bars at 2 boxes of 6 each for $5.00 and a single box of 12 for $5.79. I'm with this guest. Question EVERYTHING!

I have the sudden urge to go to Spot, find a doublepack of deodorants and ask a team member, "Excuse me but is this one SSP or two SSPs?", and see the look on their face!

Obviously the two pack only has half as much in each one. That's how they get ya!

Spot has Nature Valley Bars at 2 boxes of 6 each for $5.00 and a single box of 12 for $5.79. I'm with this guest. Question EVERYTHING!

I have the sudden urge to go to Spot, find a doublepack of deodorants and ask a team member, "Excuse me but is this one SSP or two SSPs?", and see the look on their face!
Yes, but the deodorant product inside the containers is the same. There's a sticker on the cover of the single that says something about "all day protection" or whatever and it's not on the cover of the ones in the double pack. I actually sliced into the plastic of the double pack so the guest could see. And then she didn't buy any of it. Grumble, grumble.
As to weird pricing - yep. When I was doing the scanning for the price audit, I noticed the prices on a name brand vitamin and the Up & Up equivalent are off in some way. The name brand is maybe a dime less, same quantity in both kinds. Always look, don't assume.

Back