To That One Guest - II

TTMultipleGuests: Once you put your card in the reader, to get beyond the "Please Wait..." message, you have to press "pay". 🙄🙄🙄🙄 I cannot believe I had four people put on their lights asking "Well, I put my card in, but it just says Please Wait..." And they were still on the checkout screen.
All day - every day! “Tap PAY if you are done scanning all your items!”
Usually they are nice about it. Occasionally I get “that isn’t how they work at Walmart” like I control the Walmart sco registers. And on the rare occasion they look at you and still ignore your instructions so you have to reach past them and tap on the pay button for them. I always make sure to give them a big smile when I do that. 😁

Usually they are nice about it. Occasionally I get “that isn’t how they work at Walmart” like I control the Walmart sco registers. And on the rare occasion they look at you and still ignore your instructions so you have to reach past them and tap on the pay button for them. I always make sure to give them a big smile when I do that. 😁
And then after you do, they're always like: "Aw geez, of course!" Lol.

Guest asked me what cartwheel was, and I was like “you download the target app and it has a barcode scanner so you can scan everything you’re buying and it will tell you if there’s like a coupon for it, and then you have a personal barcode on your phone that I scan and then it takes all the coupons off” and she was like “well how does that work? My stuff still has to be bagged.” And I was like “oh you scan your stuff like as you take it off the shelf when you’re shopping not like as I’m scanning it for you to buy it” and she was like “it still needs to be bagged” and I was so confused??? like what is she even talking about?? And I was like “nothing about the transaction is different I scan and bag your stuff like normal except I scan the barcode on your phone at the end” and she was like “yeah, don’t really see how that works because I want my stuff to be bagged.”

WHAT ARE YOU EVEN TALKING ABOUT LADY??????

She thinks that Cartwheel is a mobile check out like Sams Club has. I tell guests that Cartwheel is a digital coupon program inside the Target app.

Just telling guests to insert their card throws them. I told you to insert the card, not swipe it. No, inserting the card does not mean you throw it on the counter.

TTOG: No, it's not my fault that you wanted to use Cartwheel and gift cards to pay for your stuff, but didn't do it in the right order and forgot to take your RedCard off of Cartwheel. No, it's not a "Big hurdle and problem.", nor is it stupid because the app did what it was supposed to.

I informed you that the service desk would be happy to fix it for you, because I couldn't do it at SCO. So I called a GSTL over and she told you exactly what I had a minute earlier and you responded "OK, well forget it, I'm not doing that. Oh well."

🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄 Some people don't deserve to use SCO.

TTOG: SCO had a coin dispenser jam, so I go over clear the jam and realize it’s low on just about everything, so I close it up, put it a basket in front of the screen and the screen is still on the error screen because i never cleared the screen. i go grab coins and come right back.

this lady really “scanned” and bagged all five of her items and is aggressively shoving her card in the chip slot of the card reader claiming it is not working. i’m like “uhhh ma’am this one isn’t working right now. notice the screen isn’t even on your purchase and nothing rang up, but the other seven are open for use.”

“well, if you think it’s best that i move to another...... I guess i will” [major sigh and eye roll]

she froze the stupid card reader, too, with her super aggressive hitting buttons and sticking her card up there, so i added change and then had to do a reboot anyway.

I once put a bag over the screen of the self checkout to indicate it being closed and I watched a lady walk up and scan all of her things and put her card in the chip reader before I walked up to her and was like “oh this one isn’t working” and pointed to the bag covering the screen lol

Side note- really annoying that even when you close the SCO it still will beep when you “scan” something

I once put a bag over the screen of the self checkout to indicate it being closed and I watched a lady walk up and scan all of her things and put her card in the chip reader before I walked up to her and was like “oh this one isn’t working” and pointed to the bag covering the screen lol

Side note- really annoying that even when you close the SCO it still will beep when you “scan” something
Yes, the system is faulty. It shouldn't been. I constantly have to watch, since people spot that last item after they go to pay.

Well now it says closed in big bold letters at least. Not that that stops people

It beeps because the scanner is still active bc you can speed ID to open it.

Guest asked me what cartwheel was, and I was like “you download the target app and it has a barcode scanner so you can scan everything you’re buying and it will tell you if there’s like a coupon for it, and then you have a personal barcode on your phone that I scan and then it takes all the coupons off” and she was like “well how does that work? My stuff still has to be bagged.” And I was like “oh you scan your stuff like as you take it off the shelf when you’re shopping not like as I’m scanning it for you to buy it” and she was like “it still needs to be bagged” and I was so confused??? like what is she even talking about?? And I was like “nothing about the transaction is different I scan and bag your stuff like normal except I scan the barcode on your phone at the end” and she was like “yeah, don’t really see how that works because I want my stuff to be bagged.”

WHAT ARE YOU EVEN TALKING ABOUT LADY??????

I think my favorite is when I tell them about Cartwheel or anything in the app and they're all "WELL I DON'T WANT TARGET TRACKING ME SO I'M NOT GONNA DO THAT"

Well, okay, I'm sure you're getting tracked other ways. You might as well chuck your phone into a volcano or something.

Although it was a BIT freaky when my RedCard was automatically added to my Target app after I downloaded it for the first time. Yikes.

To that one guest-for you, as for all others that I serve in my dept (because I actually do enjoy and care for it, not that Spot would believe it) I was happy to help. Happy to help you find a product that the device initially said we did not carry, and that I was careful to double check and actually found. I was happy to see how much it brightened your day, and that I was able to help you, politely, friendly, and intelligible, although I was still choking because of my break down. You reminded me of the part of this job, the only part left, that I appreciate, and that I'm not bad at it. If you're the last guest I help, I hope all your days are nice ones.

Did you buy something from target.com before you downloaded the app? It was probably just connected to your account so when you signed in the app it just saved your previous payment method

That was probably it. But it was still a surprise to see.

TTOG: You see me working on my Uboat, please don't move my uboat while I'm pushing. All you had to do was just ask.

TtoG: I'm not an idiot. I know you're trying to apply the promo gift card you just got with your purchase onto that same purchase. Trying to circumvent our policy by bringing it up to Guest Service and saying you forgot to use your gift card on your purchase won't work. Nice try, but no.
That's not even a good lie. 😂😂😂😂 What a rube.

TTOG: I'm not sure why you so desperately wanted the giant patio egg-chair-thing we had on display...but when my LOD politely tells you that we dont have any in stock, and that no, the display cannot be sold, and that "no, sir, it says we have some online because it counts the display but we still cant sell it to you"...you do not immediately go out to the parking lot and do an OPU for it.

I got the order, showed my LOD, and he declared you his nemesis for dropping our INF score as he told me to cancel it. 🙄

TTOG....You just placed your order 10 minutes ago. No, I will not contact our OPU person for you so they will bring up your order ASAP. You can take your laziness and go find the items yourself.
I always tell guests the (semi) truth. We have to do orders in the order in which they’re recieved. Our devices make us— we literally can’t even see your order until it’s your turn.

I always tell guests the (semi) truth. We have to do orders in the order in which they’re recieved. Our devices make us— we literally can’t even see your order until it’s your turn.
Pretty much what I told her. I also get a little passive agressive with the whole did you read your email, defeats the purpose of order pickup if you don’t allow us time to grab your order. Etc. And who knows if we have their items anyway?

Back