To That One Guest - II

at my store we take some receipt paper or a sticky note and write "EXCHANGE" on it, then place that on the item in front of the register we use the least. just a suggestion
At my store weā€™re not allowed to hold paid merch at GS for this reason exactly lol
I do too but my fellow TMs have burned me by sending stuff to reshop without reading.

TTOG: I can't help you at Food Avenue because I'm on break.
Yes, I'm sitting here but you see I'm trying to enjoy my pretzel on my break. I told you the TM will be back in a few seconds. Gosh.

TTOG: You saw me struggling with that microwave (the biggest one) for SFS/OPU. Instead of stopping and waiting, you crept towards me, expecting me to move. I barely dragged it out of your way so you could go by. You said thank you, which I appreciated, but you could have waited.

TTOG: who orders a microwave or a futon or something humungous for order pickup?

TTOG: Thanks for scolding your child and making her apologize to me as she crashed into my SFS cart yesterday. (This child was RUNNING down the back wall of middle, crashed into my cart, which in turn crashed into me.)

TTOG: Thanks for the laugh today, as you told your child that taking a multivitamin would be better than just iron pills, and retorting with "Taking vitamins isn't supposed to be fun or interesting" after she complained how boring multivitamins are. (Get the gummies! That's fun!)

TTOG: You saw me struggling with that microwave (the biggest one) for SFS/OPU. Instead of stopping and waiting, you crept towards me, expecting me to move. I barely dragged it out of your way so you could go by. You said thank you, which I appreciated, but you could have waited.

You move out of the way for guests when doing OPU? That's a nope for me. STL has told me to do what I need to do to keep the metrics green and he'll deal with any complaints.

TTOG: who orders a microwave or a futon or something humungous for order pickup?

Don''t mind that at all. Just don't order the one giant thing and a bunch of little things at once.

You move out of the way for guests when doing OPU? That's a nope for me. STL has told me to do what I need to do to keep the metrics green and he'll deal with any complaints.

I won't move next time! It was a little old lady who went by me too, saying that it was easier for her to keep going than to stop. Okay, not like I had a giant microwave or anything!

Don''t mind that at all. Just don't order the one giant thing and a bunch of little things at once.

This is true, but our OPU storage space is limited for things like furniture and appliances. We keep a flat ready, but even that gets in the way. Also did an OPU that was just Chapstick yesterday. One. Chapstick. Waste of a bag.

This is true, but our OPU storage space is limited for things like furniture and appliances. We keep a flat ready, but even that gets in the way. Also did an OPU that was just Chapstick yesterday. One. Chapstick. Waste of a bag.

It was a thief checking to see if a stolen credit card works. Happens quite a bit. They like ordering little things like a single pack of ramen or gum. Fulfill the order, let AP know and move on.

okay i'm sorry but that's just rude. if you're in someone's way, you move so they can pass by. that's just common decency.

I was hoping to not be rude, it was just awkward that she kept coming closer to me as I was trying to put this giant microwave on my OPU cart. If I was shopping, I probably would have gone around the person. Just an odd encounter overall.

okay i'm sorry but that's just rude. if you're in someone's way, you move so they can pass by. that's just common decency.

I agree that it's rude. Unfortunately, OPU has very limited time to do our thing. If we don't meet our metrics, then corporate will be calling our STL to ask how he's going to fix it. Thus, we do what we need to do to stay green. STL gets not shit to roll downhill to us. Everyone is happy except Karen.

People who read the signs near those items that literally say "let us do the heavy lifting!" and direct people to delivery/OPU.

RE: Stolen cards--if ever you get a fraud notification from your credit card asking about a $0 transaction for a mobile app, say it wasn't legit, even if you did, in fact, download a $0 game on your phone that day. Learned this one after having to spend too much time with my cc company to get ~$4500 of airline charges reversed.

My store was evacuated last fall and we encountered the same thing. It was infuriating yet comical. šŸ™„
At my old job at a dry cleaners I had a car drive through the front windows to the middle of the store before finally crashing to a stop on a pole and people were coming in with bundles of clothing asking if we were open šŸ™„ some people have issues.

TTOG: Guy, you should have just let me help you pick out the maxi pads you had a photo of the first time. They all look the same, I agree. Sorry, not sorry you were back two hours later sheepishly asking me if I could help you this time.

TTOG: Thank you thank you THANK YOU for helping out the boy in front of you when he was 8 cents short. He looked disappointed that he didn't have enough to get all of the Pokemon cards he wanted, but you quickly said, "I can help out" and counted out the remaining 8 cents. He and I both thanked you profusely. You made both of our days!

So my STL has started this thing where we no longer have people in SCO. And our guests are absolute morons so this is a train wreck as you can imagine because someone needs help every 2 seconds and guests absolutely trash the entire area so honestly SCO is a mess currently. But Iā€™ll be on a checklane and while someone is paying Iā€™ll look over and see like 5 red lights and accidentally make eye contact with someone and theyā€™ll be like ā€œCAN YOU HELP ME?!?!!?ā€ and Iā€™m like ā€œno? Im already helping someone sorryā€ like yeah lemme just leave my line thatā€™s 7 people deep for you?? what kinda logic

I mean I get it itā€™s absolutely idiotic and ridiculous that no one is there to help them but for them to expect me to be able to while Iā€™m on a register????? Makes no sense

(The GSTL is supposed to watch for SCO lights while watching the lanes - this does not work at all as we are no longer allowed to call for guest first so our GSTLs now spend half their shifts on a register)

To that one guest who doesnā€™t understand how returns work. If you only return $50 worth of stuff and want to buy $80 worth of stuff.... yes you have to pay the difference. No your not being charged twice or again for your returns you literally handed me an $80 item. I promise 80-50= 30. This is why I donā€™t respond to back up -if you can imagine this as a 10 min repeated explanation. I was 10 seconds away from telling her sorry guest service closed at 10 and itā€™s now 10:01. You will have to come back tomorrow.... I donā€™t think I drank my koolaid this morning. Was not guest centric enough if she complains I will get yelled at for not adjusting it to $50.šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļøšŸ¤¦šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø This is my life and where did I go wrong.

Back