To That One Guest - II

(The GSTL is supposed to watch for SCO lights while watching the lanes - this does not work at all as we are no longer allowed to call for guest first so our GSTLs now spend half their shifts on a register)

That sounds like a complete disaster. The snowflakes at my store would have a rebellion if that happened.

I thought being more guest-centric up front would get more hours for the front, not less. I cringe at all of the merch just walking out the door.

I feel your pain.

So my STL has started this thing where we no longer have people in SCO. And our guests are absolute morons so this is a train wreck as you can imagine because someone needs help every 2 seconds and guests absolutely trash the entire area so honestly SCO is a mess currently. But I’ll be on a checklane and while someone is paying I’ll look over and see like 5 red lights and accidentally make eye contact with someone and they’ll be like “CAN YOU HELP ME?!?!!?” and I’m like “no? Im already helping someone sorry” like yeah lemme just leave my line that’s 7 people deep for you?? what kinda logic

I mean I get it it’s absolutely idiotic and ridiculous that no one is there to help them but for them to expect me to be able to while I’m on a register????? Makes no sense

(The GSTL is supposed to watch for SCO lights while watching the lanes - this does not work at all as we are no longer allowed to call for guest first so our GSTLs now spend half their shifts on a register)
😂😂😂😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Not laughing at you. Laughing at the absolute insanity of this.

So my STL has started this thing where we no longer have people in SCO. And our guests are absolute morons so this is a train wreck as you can imagine because someone needs help every 2 seconds and guests absolutely trash the entire area so honestly SCO is a mess currently. But I’ll be on a checklane and while someone is paying I’ll look over and see like 5 red lights and accidentally make eye contact with someone and they’ll be like “CAN YOU HELP ME?!?!!?” and I’m like “no? Im already helping someone sorry” like yeah lemme just leave my line that’s 7 people deep for you?? what kinda logic

I mean I get it it’s absolutely idiotic and ridiculous that no one is there to help them but for them to expect me to be able to while I’m on a register????? Makes no sense

Wow, bad management call.

TTOG: I am extremely sorry for my behavior towards you yesterday. I shouldn't have chuckled when you told me that the cashier you checked out with accidentally entered 136 bananas instead of the 6 bananas you really had. It was just so hectic yesterday as we only had two cashiers, one GSTL (who had to be at guest services because the guest services opener called out) and myself on self-checkout that I was worn down and mentally broken by the absurdity of the situation and I hope that the store coupons I gave you made you feel a little better.

This whole situation just sounds completely ridiculous and messed up. I experienced that situation briefly yesterday because we had two cashiers, and when one of them went on break, the lines were just ridiculous, not to mention that a guest accidentally spilled tomato sauce and the GSTL had to clean up the mess. During this time, I had to watch self-checkout and guest services and go back-and-forth between the two. I would definitely talk to your STL if possible and explain that this set-up is not sustainable and that there absolutely needs to be a team member scheduled at self-checkout at all times.

TTOG: A debit card is not a gift card. No, I can't look inside my system to make sure the money was "instantly" transferred to your account since it probably won't be. Why did you turn down a giftcard the first time I asked you if you wanted me to transfer it to a giftcard or a debit card if you wanted the money to be counted towards your next purchase? And no, yelling at me about how unhelpful I am when I'm trying to tell you your options and make sense of what you're asking is not helping me help you. SMH. 🤦‍♂️

TTOG: A debit card is not a gift card. No, I can't look inside my system to make sure the money was "instantly" transferred to your account since it probably won't be. Why did you turn down a giftcard the first time I asked you if you wanted me to transfer it to a giftcard or a debit card if you wanted the money to be counted towards your next purchase? And no, yelling at me about how unhelpful I am when I'm trying to tell you your options and make sense of what you're asking is not helping me help you. SMH. 🤦‍♂️
Debit card refunds are usually 24-48 hrs depending on the bank, can be up to 3-4 days...

One time a guest asked why we couldn't print her redcard balance on the receipt and I explained it's like a bill and she was like but you just refunded $20, so I have 20 on there... Like lady do you know how a credit card works??

Debit card refunds are usually 24-48 hrs depending on the bank, can be up to 3-4 days...

One time a guest asked why we couldn't print her redcard balance on the receipt and I explained it's like a bill and she was like but you just refunded $20, so I have 20 on there... Like lady do you know how a credit card works??

When I told her that I was crediting 30 dollars back to her account, she literally thought it meant that she had a credit of 30 dollars. She then went back into the store and got back into another Cashier's line. I first became alerted to the situation when I saw her berating the poor, confused cashier that her charged balance was wrong. "It should be 15 bucks! Not 51 dollars! I have a credit on this" waving around her TARGET DEBIT CARD.

When I told her that I was crediting 30 dollars back to her account, she literally thought it meant that she had a credit of 30 dollars. She then went back into the store and got back into another Cashier's line. I first became alerted to the situation when I saw her berating the poor, confused cashier that her charged balance was wrong. "It should be 15 bucks! Not 51 dollars! I have a credit on this" waving around her TARGET DEBIT CARD.
Idk how these people have lived that long and not get how credit and debit cards worked like I understood the concept by the time I was 10 or 11 lol

This whole situation just sounds completely ridiculous and messed up. I experienced that situation briefly yesterday because we had two cashiers, and when one of them went on break, the lines were just ridiculous, not to mention that a guest accidentally spilled tomato sauce and the GSTL had to clean up the mess. During this time, I had to watch self-checkout and guest services and go back-and-forth between the two. I would definitely talk to your STL if possible and explain that this set-up is not sustainable and that there absolutely needs to be a team member scheduled at self-checkout at all times.
My store would be total anarchy if my STL did this. Thankfully we're a high volume store, so it would never be considered...It makes my brain cry just reading about it.

okay i'm sorry but that's just rude. if you're in someone's way, you move so they can pass by. that's just common decency.
Ya, but....when transition has an aisle empty of merchandise, fixtures/tubs/stuff in the aisle does the guest HAVE to go down THAT aisle ??? They are setting it, There is nothing to buy here !! There are 40 OTHER aisles you can go down to get from the pharmacy to the racetrack, WHY THIS ONE !!!!

Ya, but....when transition has an aisle empty of merchandise, fixtures/tubs/stuff in the aisle does the guest HAVE to go down THAT aisle ??? They are setting it, There is nothing to buy here !! There are 40 OTHER aisles you can go down to get from the pharmacy to the racetrack, WHY THIS ONE !!!!

It's a power move. They go down it to show they can. I've blocked off aisles with flats or tubes before. One bitch pushed her long ass kid cart down an aisle and spilled her drink. After cleaning it up. I said fuck it and angled a flat at each end so no could come down it as I reset it.

It's a power move. They go down it to show they can. I've blocked off aisles with flats or tubes before. One bitch pushed her long ass kid cart down an aisle and spilled her drink. After cleaning it up. I said fuck it and angled a flat at each end so no could come down it as I reset it.
Hahaha, done that. Got reprimanded by ETL for it, but sooo worth the peace.

TTOG: You need to shop the high D area and pick up a floor length mirror. You were dressed like a teenager and you are probably my age. Not a good look.

TTOG: Thank you for scolding your 4 year old kid while you were waiting in my line. The woman with the baby who was crying probably was about ready to cry herself because your kid was mocking the baby by imitating it. Your kid was irritating me too. Then the kid asked for a sticker LMAO. Thank you for telling him no dad.

TTOG: Wait your damn turn. I’m obviously helping someone else — we are talking and choosing a locked up item. I don’t need you to tap your foot at me and loudly sigh and tell me I’m giving you lousy service after I politely told you I’d call someone else over since I would be a few moments with this guest.

The best part was 10 minutes later when the TM that came to help you called me over to talk to the you and you start running your mouth about the worst service you’ve ever received and then you realize the manager you so desperately wanted to complain to was ME!

Loved the moment you realized *I* was the one you were complaining about and then you just left.

Thanks for wasting everyone’s time today.

Walking through the parking lot of a different Target, two women in front of me.

TTOG: You are awesome. When you spotted several packs of forgotten soda in the bottom of a cart in the carousel you told the woman next to you "I'm going to take it back inside." I'm sure the person who forgot the soda is equally grateful for your honesty.

Back