To That One Guest - II

Someone tonight completely wrecked the packaging around a 4 pack of the Houdini steel cocktail straws. You can see a chunk of the straw and all the colors of the silicone bit at the top. Absolutely nothing to be gained by opening that package, but they did it anyway, and just shredded it. I don't get it.
Bite marks on the silicon, that was a pint size Karen Jr who was ignored and bored.

Bite marks on the silicon, that was a pint size Karen Jr who was ignored and bored.
I remember having a basket of Starbucks tumblers (with straws) displayed in one of our baskets & watching a couple of kids pull out the paper shred while mom just laughed in between giving her order.
Then they started picking up the cups, putting the straws in their mouths.
Mom: Guys, don't do that. No one's gonna want to buy that if you do that.
Me: Yeah, you have no idea how many others have done the same thing.
Mom: *goes batshit, yelling at them to drop those things RIGHT NOW*

I remember having a basket of Starbucks tumblers (with straws) displayed in one of our baskets & watching a couple of kids pull out the paper shred while mom just laughed in between giving her order.

I would have said something like "You wouldn't believe what I've seen people stick those straws into."

When I worked at the local mall, there was a Gloria Jean's coffee kiosk that had unwrapped stirrers, sugar packets, etc on a fixture that was low enough for children to reach. I watched in horror one day as a young child ran up, picked up all of the stirrers with both hands as one unit and proceeded to squish them around - I swear he managed to touch each one of them. He then put them back in their holder so neatly you would never have guessed that anyone had disturbed them.

Do I need to say that I never used an unwrapped stirrer again?

TTOG who come in without masks: Yes, I know our stupid governor said you can go maskless but this is a private business.
Personally, I think it's a sign of weakness that you can't even wear a mask for the time you're in the store yet I can go an 8-11 hour shift wearing one without breaking a sweat but hey, you do you.
Hope you like decaf.

(My SBTL used to wonder why I was burning thru decaf so fast)

No mask? Get out of the store now, leave...immediately.
If only. Had some guy with his mask down approach me the other night - I backed away with fear in my eyes like he was a bear about to attack me, guy finally got the message and pulled his mask up. After he walked away I broke out the Lysol and sprayed in an obvious manner within his view and earshot. Go ahead and report me.

I've gotten pretty good at giving the judgemental stare at no-maskers too. A few have pulled theirs up after seeing my wrath, lol.

Don't mess with The 'Goth! On topic today, I picked up a few things at the supermarket for Mrs. Captain. Clausen Whole Pickles. Best in the USA. I got about 2/3 down an aisle and forgot I didn't have my mask on! (in my pocket). Forgetful old man. This is not a Karen type of store, more the industrial grade working mans store. I prefer it, easy to shop and they have good liverwurst.

I make a point to raise my eyebrows, drop my eyes and back away as though they'd just dropped a deuce on the floor. I'm embarrassed for you that you're not trained properly to come out in public like a good boy.

Don't mess with The 'Goth! On topic today, I picked up a few things at the supermarket for Mrs. Captain. Clausen Whole Pickles. Best in the USA. I got about 2/3 down an aisle and forgot I didn't have my mask on! (in my pocket). Forgetful old man. This is not a Karen type of store, more the industrial grade working mans store. I prefer it, easy to shop and they have good liverwurst.
Captain! Tsk tsk, I would have given you "the look", lol.

I usually always mask up before I get out of my car, but I caught myself walking across the parking lot maskless a few times. I thankfully remembered before I made it to the door.

TTOG who brought in his completely untrained dog and made a point to have his mask down the whole time, and walked two laps around the store without looking at anything and then left...

...why?

To prove a couple of points. His furbaby can go everywhere with him because it's as much of a baby as a human child, and he doesn't have to wear a mask if he doesn't feel like it.

TTOG: there's a stop sign in the parking lot near the drive up spots for a reason. Please don't swerve around as I'm crossing right in front of it (logically where you shouldn't be able to get close to me because you are stopped) because you decided to not to come to said complete stop after speeding towards the stop sign.

TTOG: When I ask you how you want an item bagged, don't just assume that I'd know that's how you want it. I have a lot of guests that are completely OK with mixing items.

When I asked if you wanted your clothing bagged separately from your party favors you looked at me like I was insane and then said: "Well, obviously."

🤷‍♀️

Pardon me for asking 🙄 Have a nice day.

TTOG: when you asked me where buckets were and I replied by asking you if you were looking for cleaning buckets, the answer you should have given me was yes, not no. Instead you told me about how your grandkids were coming over and you needed buckets with handles for their toys but didn't want any cheap ones that would break like your current ones and then when I suggested beach buckets you told me no, those wouldn't work but something like a cleaning bucket would be sturdy enough. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Back