To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember the first shift after a transfer. A father pushed a cart to one of the other lanes while his kid was dancing in the buggy. As soon as he turned to the cashier, the kid did a header out of the cart and onto the floor. As soon I called the operator for Code Green, the father picked up his kid by the waist and ran out the door.

Maybe he thought y'all would call the police or DCFS

To that one guest: Our espresso machine is out of order & the vendor rep is working on it.
There are pieces laying around on the counter, a sign at the register that says "Espresso machine out of service" & a page taped on the menu board over the latte listings stating the same thing yet you STILL came up & tried to order a latte.
When I said "No", it took a few seconds to register since you were SO absorbed in your smart phone. When you asked why, I pointed to the signs on the menu....then the sign less than a foot from your shoulder....then pointed to the machine parts scattered about. You took it all in then asked if you could get it ICED.....
My coworker jumped when she heard me snap the marker I was holding in two.

To that one guest: Our espresso machine is out of order & the vendor rep is working on it.
There are pieces laying around on the counter, a sign at the register that says "Espresso machine out of service" & a page taped on the menu board over the latte listings stating the same thing yet you STILL came up & tried to order a latte.
When I said "No", it took a few seconds to register since you were SO absorbed in your smart phone. When you asked why, I pointed to the signs on the menu....then the sign less than a foot from your shoulder....then pointed to the machine parts scattered about. You took it all in then asked if you could get it ICED.....

I first read that as she was jumping to keep you from snapping the guest customer in two.

Last edited:
Makes me think of all the little teeny-boppers that like to invade our store. Our one blender for frappes breaks on a regular basis. They will go to order a frappe & get told it's broken & then just stare with a blank look on their face, whisper to their friends, and then walk away dumbfounded. They have no idea what else to order at a coffee place.

Honestly I would probably break down in tears, not because there aren't other things to order but because it's very difficult to guzzle down enough caffeine in 15 minutes when it's lava hot without burning the #%#% outta your tongue/throat. Ice cubes sorta work but make things taste watered down since the ratio isn't right.

To that one guest, thank you for complaining to my GSA about how I was bagging your stuff. Your only problem was that I didn't fold the clothes. In the end, my GSA and I ended up laughing together about how people complain about the smallest things.

I actually hate that they don't fold my clothes. None of the real cashiers ever do it, so I prefold everything and put it on the belt so the tag is accessible. Thennn, some cashiers still ball them up somehow lol. I had to hang my pleather lol jacket for like a week for the wrinkles to fall out before I could wear it. Such a pain. You don't even have to really fold it to prevent super wrinkliness. And if the thing I bought is a gift, who wants to give a wrinkled gift?

I don't complain about it to anyone's face, though, because I just assume those speed scores on the register are way more important for cashiers than they are to me. I just fix it myself.

I actually hate that they don't fold my clothes. None of the real cashiers ever do it, so I prefold everything and put it on the belt so the tag is accessible. Thennn, some cashiers still ball them up somehow lol. I had to hang my pleather lol jacket for like a week for the wrinkles to fall out before I could wear it. Such a pain. You don't even have to really fold it to prevent super wrinkliness. And if the thing I bought is a gift, who wants to give a wrinkled gift?

I don't complain about it to anyone's face, though, because I just assume those speed scores on the register are way more important for cashiers than they are to me. I just fix it myself.

I usually try to carefully fold the clothes. But it is hard when you're timed. And some of those shirts and blouses are extremely hard because of the material. Every once in awhile I would have a guest who would just tell me to throw them in a bag because they were going to wash them anyway.

Yea, I fold that stupid "dressy tee" (although it has a new name now) all day, do I'm just good at folding the unfold able fabrics quickly. But you don't need to fold those.. There's a way to put them in a bag neatly without balling them up. Hard to describe though. I did that at macys because I couldn't figure out how to fold quickly back then lol

I was in line once and saw a guest take a balled up item out of a bag and go "I'm not paying $30 for a wrinkled [whatever the item was]!" It was really funny and the cashier (a SL tm who can actually fold with the speed of lightning) was so caught off guard.

If a guest doesn't want me to fold, I just throw em in, but otherwise, I fold out of habit. I don't fault any cashiers though because the time score matters for them. If I didn't know that though, I would be annoyed.

To guests that hover and/or block the pathway on the floor of the store, what is your problem? Do you think because you don't work in retail that the employees at the store you're shopping at should just go out of their way to get around you so they can get back to their work areas? That is so annoying. I hate when guests block the door by the breakroom. That is very rude in my opinion. I also hate when guests take way too much time getting soda in their cups at food avenue. Do not hover around that area. Get your drink and get out. When I am walking on the salesfloor, I usually pick a path and want to follow it through to my destination. Please get out of the way and don't just stop and don't act all surprised too.

Yea, I prefer that over the balling. I do it with the flimsy material stuff. I don't complain about it because I know you guys aren't used to it and you're speed scored or whatever, but back when I was just a guest, I wouldn't have known that and I would've been annoyed by those who bag things in a way that gets em all wrinkly. Just playing devil's advocate here. I understand why some are annoyed by it... And I don't think it should be considered a laughable little thing if someone wants their items folded. T'is all.

I usually fold unless the guest wants the hanger kept on. Then it's more like just trying to make the hanger fit into the bag and the clothes fall whatever way.

That's what I miss about the big plastic bags: they were great when someone wanted to keep a dress (or dress coat/pants) on the hanger. You just punched a hole in the middle of the bottom bag seam, pulled the hanger hook through & the bag went over the garment like a boss.
I miss those bags.....:(

I had a guest who complained one time because I was just "throwing her socks in the bag"....she actually took the bag and laid them all flat, then balled the bag up and threw it in her purse!!!

Found this on Facebook:

Not impressed target with the half bag of popcorn...

I had a guest stop me last night....

G - "I'd like to ask you a question"
M - "OK, what can I help you with?"

Guest hands me a package of hamburger with a hole in the packaging, and then proceeds to walk off.

I'm not always the smartest person, but how was that a question?

It was the definition of passive-aggressive dick move.

Guest hands me a package of hamburger with a hole in the packaging, and then proceeds to walk off.

How much do you want to bet that they were the ones who put the hole in the package:rolleyes:?

How much do you want to bet that they were the ones who put the hole in the package:rolleyes:?
Maybe not....I find holes in our Pfresh packaging all the time. The worst is the packaging for our baked goods....since they're sent (basically) frozen, the containers are cracked and broken half the time because they're not meant to be frozen :(

Found this on Facebook:

Not impressed target with the half bag of popcorn...
Seriously??? Who waits until they get to their car to look at their bag of popcorn? If I got half a bag, I'd say something at the counter! They probably already ate the other half!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back