To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're not sent basically frozen, they are sent frozen and then stored at subzero temps. There's no doubt that PFresh baked goods come in frozen.

The best is the long baguettes. When they're frozen and they fall down, they don't bounce like bread. They break in half. QMOS time!

I had a guest stop me last night....

G - "I'd like to ask you a question"
M - "OK, what can I help you with?"

Guest hands me a package of hamburger with a hole in the packaging, and then proceeds to walk off.

I'm not always the smartest person, but how was that a question?

It was the definition of passive-aggressive dick move.

It was the definition of passive-aggressive dick move complete asshole.

The best is the long baguettes. When they're frozen and they fall down, they don't bounce like bread. They break in half. QMOS time!

I swear that happens every time I push bakery. I always manage to break a baguette.

to those almost dozen guests today that I had to explain the plus size RTW situation....believe me everything you said to me I've said out loud myself.

you all will be jealous with this one:

to that one guest(about 4)......you were so sweet in asking what I was doing in infants but it was what you did the next time we saw each other that made me go "aw!"

Your mom said, "There's your friend" (they obviously had talked about me after our encounter) when you came across me exiting PFresh....you gave me a hug goodbye and then ran back to give me the coolest high five. I can't wait to see you again!!

Please, please, PLEASE, just tell me that you dropped the plate and that's why it broke. I know it didn't just fall off the shelf by itself.

I seriously have been shopping places and had stuff just fall off the shelf, untouched by me or anyone.

9189283.jpg

To the couponer that decided it was a good idea to yell at my GSTL tonight: If you choose choose to be a jerk to my team, don't try to demand my respect. I know the price difference was $3 and the answer is still no. Come back when you learn to be a better human being. Standing up for my team means more to me than your sale.

To the one guest who decided that trying swimsuit bottoms on while still on the salesfloor was a great idea...do you live under a rock? We have fitting rooms. No need for us or other guests to see you in your underwear cause you don't understand common social courtesies.

To the one guest who gave me a hard time at Guest Service the other day, please have some respect for others. You want to exchange a shirt, perfectly fine. So you bring the shirt up to exchange and I begin the process. I ask for either the receipt or card the guest used, she scoffed, "It's just an exchange, can't I just take the other one!?" I politely said no that's not how it works. Huffing and puffing sends her child to find her dad because it was purchased on her husband's card. Comes back and I swipe it through and it wasn't on there. Asked if it had been 90 days, she said no, so I said I can try any other card you have. Another bank card didn't have it. She was going through her purse to find another card, so I set her card down on the box next to the register, in which she yelled "DON'T PUT THAT THERE, IT RUINS THE MAGNETIC STRIP", I apologized and moved it to the counter. Like really, one second will not ruin it and I was not scratching it back and forth, I literally set it down, please calm down. Then she proceeds to hand me a Victoria Secret card, really? Finally, she finds the right card and becoming more impatient. I was trying to keep my cool and get her done quickly, and I forgot to push K1 and just did a normal return, explained it to her and she was so furious that I had returned it instead of exchanging it. It's really not a big deal and I apologized and proceeded for her to purchase it, she takes her receipt and leaves.

What a great example you're setting for your daughter who is standing right next to you, I thought this repeatedly over and over in my head.

To those certain guests: Please, don't assume I'm a moron before I even start bagging your groceries or let alone speak. You don't need to tell me to not put bleach in with your grapes. You don't need to tell me to not put a 5 lb weight on top of your bread. I know these things because I have to bag hundreds of people's groceries a day! I understand these things may have happened to you and still do happen at other establishments, but don't be rude! So, unless I do actually do those things, don't treat me like I'm the village idiot!

To the one guest who gave me a hard time at Guest Service the other day, please have some respect for others. You want to exchange a shirt, perfectly fine. So you bring the shirt up to exchange and I begin the process. I ask for either the receipt or card the guest used, she scoffed, "It's just an exchange, can't I just take the other one!?" I politely said no that's not how it works. Huffing and puffing sends her child to find her dad because it was purchased on her husband's card. Comes back and I swipe it through and it wasn't on there. Asked if it had been 90 days, she said no, so I said I can try any other card you have. Another bank card didn't have it. She was going through her purse to find another card, so I set her card down on the box next to the register, in which she yelled "DON'T PUT THAT THERE, IT RUINS THE MAGNETIC STRIP", I apologized and moved it to the counter. Like really, one second will not ruin it and I was not scratching it back and forth, I literally set it down, please calm down. Then she proceeds to hand me a Victoria Secret card, really? Finally, she finds the right card and becoming more impatient. I was trying to keep my cool and get her done quickly, and I forgot to push K1 and just did a normal return, explained it to her and she was so furious that I had returned it instead of exchanging it. It's really not a big deal and I apologized and proceeded for her to purchase it, she takes her receipt and leaves.

What a great example you're setting for your daughter who is standing right next to you, I thought this repeatedly over and over in my head.
When you hit total during a return and the POS displays the recommended refund info, you can hit K7 to sell items. Then you ring up that stuff they want to buy and the register calculates the difference (ie, they only pay the difference or they get back the return price minus the new purchase price). Saves you from doing two transactions if you forget to hit K1 for an even exchange. When I'm doing returns and the guest also has items to purchase, I always ask if they want to do the return separately or if they want to ring up their items in the same transaction and just pay the difference.

To that one guest who brought in a MUG of coffee and set it on the end of the belt: That is very weird you would bring your MUG of coffee into the store. When I asked the next customer to hand it to me, because I didn't want it to fall and break, I didn't realize it actually had coffee in the bottom. I went to put it into my recovery bin because I assumed it was a mug we sold in the store that someone didn't want. This is when I got coffee all over my hand.

You must have heard the woman in line saying how gross it was to bring a mug into the store and leave it laying around because you can up behind me to quickly retrieve your coffee mug, pat me on the back, and say "Thanks". In reality, I must thank YOU though, as you gave me a nice story to tell.

To that one guest who went to school with me: 1.) It's great to see that you haven't become a total waste like the majority of my graduating class. 2.) Thank you for being patient and understanding. I had no problem "making it right" for you, even if there was a fairly sizable discrepancy and I had to get approval from my STL.

To those one guests who completely ignore you when you say "Hi, How are you today?" and then answer their phone or talk to someone else without turning their head/looking. So you know they are not deaf.

To the guests that after I scan an item and tell them we are unfortunately out of stock, say "Are you sure?" No lady, I'm just lying to your face for the hell of it.
Or to the guest the other day that after I informed her we were indeed out of stock, said "No, I think you do have it in stock. You need to check again." Why would I lie to you?! I'll gladly show you the PDA that says we have zero on hand!

To the guests that after I scan an item and tell them we are unfortunately out of stock, say "Are you sure?" No lady, I'm just lying to your face for the hell of it.
Or to the guest the other day that after I informed her we were indeed out of stock, said "No, I think you do have it in stock. You need to check again." Why would I lie to you?! I'll gladly show you the PDA that says we have zero on hand!

Same thing happened to me. Showed the guest the PDA. Zero on hand, zero in the back. I bet she thought she was so smart and about to catch me in a lie or something but nope. Nothing back there.

Same thing happened to me. Showed the guest the PDA. Zero on hand, zero in the back. I bet she thought she was so smart and about to catch me in a lie or something but nope. Nothing back there.
I've done the same thing....then the guest accused me of scanning the wrong tag. Rescanned it, guess what? Still none in stock :rolleyes:

Although, I DO admit, we have pill sellers seekers that will call to see if we have ridiculous amounts of controlled drugs in stock and we usually tell them we're out, even if we're not. We can usually tell who is legit and who isn't because we will ask for their name & a number to call them back (saying something like we have to have the pharmacist check & they're busy, yada, yada) and they won't give us either. Not only do we not want to encourage drug abuse, we don't want to be part of criminal activity or be held up. What they don't understand is that we have Caller ID so we know when they call multiple times a week looking for different drugs or give us a bogus name/number ;)

I'm not bothered by guests who are on the phone. I wish they all did that so I'd have an excuse for not talking to them. I'm horrible. I also don't really care to make small talk when I'm shopping. Only at target because I know everyone. At the grocery store, just scan that stuff so I can bag it and gtfo. I like when stores are set up so you can help bag. Goes so much faster.

Talking to cashiers feels like such a forced interaction. Even when I overhear the cashiers talking to guests, it sounds so fucking fake and "I don't care about your life. I'll forget your face when you leave, but I'm required to smile and talk to you and manipulate you into wanting a redcard." It sounds like that 75% of the time.

Anyway, to those guests who want specific bagging arrangements, put it on the belt that way. Sometimes I can't even see the other things that should be in this bag because you're an idiot. I'm such an asshole in my head, but I'm the reigning king (a girl king, like Beyoncé.) of positive guest comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back