To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pharmacy pages people quite a bit, it seems.

I usually have to turn people away for paging about once a week. And I always get, "well, what am I supposed to do, then?" Occasionally they wander around the front part of the store screaming the person's name, making an ass out of themselves in an attempt to prove a point. By then, I've moved on to the next big thing and don't particularly care how stupid they want to be.

We only page for people who leave their car doors open. This works out to about once a month. We always give out the description/license plate of the vehicle and ask them to come to guest services. They never do.

My store pages. They page if a kid is looking for their parent, but not the other way around. I think it's odd when people code yellow 9 year olds, tbh. When I was younger we wandered off all the time. We just wanted to look at the toys. My mom would page if we hadn't returned by the time she finished checking out but that was a long time ago. I think they stopped paging children for the same reason we're not allowed to say kids' names over the walkie for the code yellow.

They also page when people leave their lights on on their cars. Annd sometimes the early morning flow to pages her team for their flow huddle.

To that one guest: tapping your card on the counter does NOT make me go any faster. In fact, I slow down while casting looks at your hand tap-tap-tapping away. And. slow. down. even. more. Just to see you speed up the tapping.
Hoping you get a cramp in your hand.

I watched a white-girl dredlocked barista stop what she was doing to come back to the counter and ask if there was something the business suited customer needed when he was rapping the counter with his knuckles while he was waiting for his drink.
He said no just want my drink, she went back, he started drumming the counter.
She stopped and came back to ask if he needed help, at which point he stormed out of the place.

To that one guest, maybe you were having a bad day or something but I only repeated myself 3 times to you just to make sure I was getting what you needed correct. If you didn't mumble so much I'd probably understand you but instead you just gave me the most awful look ever.

The more I work here the more I dislike people.

My store pages. They page if a kid is looking for their parent, but not the other way around. I think it's odd when people code yellow 9 year olds, tbh. When I was younger we wandered off all the time. We just wanted to look at the toys. My mom would page if we hadn't returned by the time she finished checking out but that was a long time ago. I think they stopped paging children for the same reason we're not allowed to say kids' names over the walkie for the code yellow.

They also page when people leave their lights on on their cars. Annd sometimes the early morning flow to pages her team for their flow huddle.
My store actually pages people all the time. I'd say once or twice a day probably.

My store actually pages people all the time. I'd say once or twice a day probably.

I page all of the time.....mainly team members to answer the damn phone. Second would be guests looking for someone in their party,

One of the cashiers I was working with today left his light on while he went to quickly dump his hangers and reshop behind guest services. A guest was waiting at his register for about a minute and I guess he got tied up, but instead of asking me if he was coming back or if I could help her, she walked right behind the cash register and helped herself and started to ring through her items! I didn't even know what to say. We have the self checkouts for a reason, lady. o_O

One of the cashiers I was working with today left his light on while he went to quickly dump his hangers and reshop behind guest services. A guest was waiting at his register for about a minute and I guess he got tied up, but instead of asking me if he was coming back or if I could help her, she walked right behind the cash register and helped herself and started to ring through her items! I didn't even know what to say. We have the self checkouts for a reason, lady. o_O
I wouldve called ap or the lod .

Oh wow that's a horrible scheme. We've been playing a game recently where most recent red card gets a stuffed Spot dog on their register, and at a random time of day the LOD will call out hot dog on the walkie and whoever has the dog at that time gets to keep it.

Cel, I realized I posted in the wrong thread, so I copy/pasted/deleted my post, which is why yours looks a bit out of place. Sorry for the confusion!

wow.

Oh I was reading the other thread this morning and was like "I swore I replied to this yesterday...did I never post it? wat?"

I love when I am on hand for pay it forward moments:

Guests chatting in line (mainly congenially, thank goodness I only did not have a line for about 5 minutes of a 5 and 1/2 hour shift) and a guest compliments a young lady(6 or 7) on her beautiful hair....and it was beautiful, red in a bob cut. Mom of the young lady explained that she had just donated quite a bit to Locks of Love. I get through the first guests 3 items and she turns to the young lady and says I would like to buy those for you...pointing to the Barbie and clothes she was holding, waiting for her turn to pay. Took some convincing of the young lady and her parents but mom and dad took a little less time when 1st guest said, "my sister needs hair, let me do this please."

The young lady didn't quite understand but all of the grownups were a little choked up. (In fact, it has me tearing up now). After the 1st guest left mom explained that her daughter had gotten one of the cheapest Barbies because she wasn't sure she had enough money saved up.

To that one guest, when I tell you we don't sell Kindle products, we don't. I get you bought it here years ago, but when I explain to you why we don't carry it, telling me you bought it years ago does not magically make one appear.

To that one guest, when I tell you we don't sell Kindle products, we don't. I get you bought it here years ago, but when I explain to you why we don't carry it, telling me you bought it years ago does not magically make one appear.
I had a guest say they received one for Christmas this year and the giver had given them a Target receipt for it. After explaining she said, "well, they must have given me the wrong receipt." All I could think was maybe they were regifting LOL

To the one grumpy-pants guest: Yes you came in with your baby registry all printed up from home. Way to be prepared! But it had no barcode on it. Neither myself or the electronics TM know any other way to look up said number than for you to go to guest service and print one off there. There was no need for you to storm off saying you weren't buying the item then. Seriously. Calm down.

To the moms who keep setting their kids up on the counter at the register: STOP IT!!!
They are of the age that they cough without covering their mouths & I've had to toss several sleeves of cups because of you. Some also reek in the diaper region & I go through countless applications of sanitizer after you move them off. If you don't want to hold them, GET A CART!!
While you're at it, GET A CLUE!!

A month or two ago we had a mom who was so concerned about getting her damn drink, she stopped paying attention to her kiddo in the cart. Poor kiddo fell out of the cart. Thankfully, the kiddo was fine, but the mom was furious at us for letting it happen. My LOD tried to talk her out of filling out an incident report since it really wasn't our problem, but the mom insisted.

Those of us with two brain cells to rub together were just thankful the kiddo wasn't seriously injured.

I remember the first shift after a transfer. A father pushed a cart to one of the other lanes while his kid was dancing in the buggy. As soon as he turned to the cashier, the kid did a header out of the cart and onto the floor. As soon I called the operator for Code Green, the father picked up his kid by the waist and ran out the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back