To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
TToG

So you say your gift card had 8 something on it, cool. I scan it and it says there's nothing on it, sorry. I ask you if you have the receipt that has the gift card amount and after you pay, you go to the side to pull the receipt out. I hear you talking to your kid about how it's ridiculous that we "blatantly" steal from you. If it was at this target, I assure you none of my ladies and gentlemen would want to lose their job over 8 dollars. But then you exclaim that you found it, and it was the wrong card. I really should have called you out on your accusations, but I didn't have the balls for that. I hope you at least feel a little stupid for your own dumbass mistake.

I got cheeky with a guest tonight. A guest had come in, returning an unopened perfume. I wondered if it was stolen or not. Perfume is a high theft item, no receipt of course, claimed his mom got it for him, he was here late at night, and he was wearing baggy clothing, and had a backpack and reusable bag with him. So...probably. But, whatever, it's just one, it's not even $30, I can't exactly prove anything, so I go ahead and return it, and giving the guest his gift card.

About 15 minutes later, he comes back up to guest service with some stuff he just bought. Here is how the conversation went, more or less.

GUEST: *hands me bag with reciept* "Hey I'd like to cash this out."

ME: *looks at reciept* "Okay, well it's going to make me put it on a gift card, but I can cash out the gift card."

GUEST: "That's the only way you can do it?"

ME: "Yeah"

GUEST: "Okay, well can you cash out one more?"

ME: "It's one gift card cash out per day, per guest."

He sort of made some mumbley small talk while I cashed out his gift card. Basically asking if there was a law about cashing out gift cards.

ME: "Yes but our store policy is one per guest."

GUEST: "Can I see where it says that?"

ME: "I don't have anything that says that, but it's still the policy we have. He have to do that because we get a lot of fraud activity with gift cards."

GUEST: "Oh? Like what?"

ME: "All kinds of stuff!" (vague on purpose)

GUEST: "Well the other Target did 2 and-"

ME: *interrupting* "That's other store, in this store it's one."

At this point he attempts to try and bully me into cashing out more cards. He kept saying "I don't believe you." and he kept saying things like, "Man so you like, RUN guest service huh! You the only one who works here? You run this place?" I didn't have any response, and just stared at him, eventually saing, "Okay...sooo, are we done?" We just went back and fourth of me finding new ways of wording around why I wasn't cashing out any more of his gift cards. I stopped answering his questions at this point, "I already told you no. I already explained that to you." Eventually it leads to him threatening to "get me in trouble" like I'm a fucking child.

GUEST: "Well what if I told your manager you already cashed out 3?"

ME: *confused* "Uh, well I don't think she'd believe you!" (lol)

GUEST: "What, would that get you in trouble? Maybe she'd do it then if you already did 3."

ME: "But I didn't, I only did one."

GUEST: "Well that's not what I'll say."

ME: "Okay, well I mean it's kinda your word against mine."

GUEST: "Nuh-uh! I got proof! I got receipts."

ME: *more confused* "Uh, what? How? There's cameras everywhere. All I did was your return."

GUEST: *gets confused* "Oh wait, weren't you....you were here, wait...what?" (he must have been stoned or something)

ME: "If you want, I can call my manager right over here for you!"

At this point he just resorted to basically begging.

GUEST: "Please? Come on, just do it, what's one more? Why not? Be nice. Why?

And at this point I couldn't hid my frustration anymore, I put on my "mommy voice" and talked back to him like I was scolding a child.

ME: "NO! I already told you no! I already explained this to you."

He finally gave up, and returned his other stuff I didn't even notice he had, which must have made up the rest of his gift card. I process it, and give him a gift card. and tell him to have a "Wonderful night." I love doing that because it always irritates the shit out of frauders or rude people.

GUEST: "Where's the nearest Target?"

ME: *shrugs shoulders* "You know...I couldn't tell yah."

TTOG: if you're going to call stores looking for a particular manufacturer of a medication you need to sell take, might I suggest not using "street slang" to ask for them? I guarantee, NOBODY is going to have the "green xannie bars" or "512's" in stock if that's how you ask for them. You didn't even notice I didn't pause OR ask you to clarify what the actual name of the medication was before telling you we didn't have any.

And TTOG: good luck finding 180 "Oxy 80s," ANYWHERE.

Why do they always call on the days I'm working???o_O

TTOG: if you're going to call stores looking for a particular manufacturer of a medication you need to sell take, might I suggest not using "street slang" to ask for them? I guarantee, NOBODY is going to have the "green xannie bars" or "512's" in stock if that's how you ask for them. You didn't even notice I didn't pause OR ask you to clarify what the actual name of the medication was before telling you we didn't have any.

And TTOG: good luck finding 180 "Oxy 80s," ANYWHERE.

Why do they always call on the days I'm working???o_O

They could have asked for Yellow School Buses.

I had 3 annoying guests back to back covering the lanes yesterday. First one had mascara and eyeliner and told me she brought 4 bags so she wants the 5 cents off for all 4. I told her I could do one since it fits in one. After arguing I said fine 2 (gtfo of my lane already you're holding it up) then her friend is next has 5 items that could fit in one and says "I brought ten" I was like not happening I can do 2 since I did 2 for her but that's it. Then she gets mad because I didn't put her stuff on the bagging area how she liked it but told me to put it over there. Finally they leave. Next lady comes up and has 5 kids screaming and being annoying and everytime I rang something up her kids would slap my hand. After the 3rd time I told her she needs to get her kids to stop. She said "or what" I said well I'm back up cashiering I have alot of stuff I could be doing. She laughed and her kid slapped me once more. I suspended the transaction, logged out and walked away from the register. I walkied the LOD and let them know and they told me I did the right thing. I felt like I was being punk'd. It was crazy. Too bad you can't have one free "slap a guest" a day but with those 3 it would have been hard to choose.

I had 3 annoying guests back to back covering the lanes yesterday. First one had mascara and eyeliner and told me she brought 4 bags so she wants the 5 cents off for all 4. I told her I could do one since it fits in one. After arguing I said fine 2 (gtfo of my lane already you're holding it up) then her friend is next has 5 items that could fit in one and says "I brought ten" I was like not happening I can do 2 since I did 2 for her but that's it. Then she gets mad because I didn't put her stuff on the bagging area how she liked it but told me to put it over there. Finally they leave. Next lady comes up and has 5 kids screaming and being annoying and everytime I rang something up her kids would slap my hand. After the 3rd time I told her she needs to get her kids to stop. She said "or what" I said well I'm back up cashiering I have alot of stuff I could be doing. She laughed and her kid slapped me once more. I suspended the transaction, logged out and walked away from the register. I walkied the LOD and let them know and they told me I did the right thing. I felt like I was being punk'd. It was crazy. Too bad you can't have one free "slap a guest" a day but with those 3 it would have been hard to choose.

Hit me you are done. AP gets a call to tell them to leave. No suspension, VOID EVERYTHING!!!!

You could have done a slap line like an old three stooges sketch.

If that happened in my store that guest would have had a trespass notice. One thing my store doesn't deal with is anyone treating team members like crap.

Yeah it was crazy busy and I didn't really know what to do so I just walked away before throat punching them all lol

No you did right. No one has any right to hit you child or not. Mom won't be mom she gets to pay the price, wasting her time at spot and getting nothing. I just hope no one else rang her out. She need to leave empty handed.

No you did right. No one has any right to hit you child or not. Mom won't be mom she gets to pay the price, wasting her time at spot and getting nothing. I just hope no one else rang her out. She need to leave empty handed.

As far as I know the manager that high fived me for that told her to leave

you made my fellow TM almost pee her pants.

You came in with your beat up luggage on wheels, half open. left it in front of one of the freezer aisles for about 6 minutes came back with about 10 items set them on
the floor next to your luggage.
Left for another 3 minutes and came back and gathered up all your stuff and left.

I told my TM that looks scary ....

You looked like the character from the Grudge.

ju-on-the-grudge-o.gif

TTOG

SFS and Online Store Pick-Up order drops. "Sweet, something else to do." Look at order, consists of Grocery and/or Chemical cleaning items. Process it succesfully. Another one drops, same type of merchandise. And another. And another. I get it, there's a special on Cleaning Supplies.

iGeS49M.gif

Last edited:
I answered a domestics call tonight and it was another store and the lady was all yes this guest wants to see if u have 4 of each of these curtains so I told her we had 2 of each and then she said well do u have 8 of any color and I checked and said yeah this and this she's all do u have green so I checked and I'm like I have 3 green she's all what about beige so I went back and checked and said I have 3 she's all OK can u put one green on hold I'm like WTF OK so I do and apparently the lady came in and said it was not green but it was green.. It said "color: green". I ran back and forth from the phone to the curtain aisle like ten times. :confused:

TTOG: Q: Do you think I care if you call corporate about how we had no baby registry gift bags for you? A: No. I don't. Not at all. P.S. The LOD you spoke with is normally super rude; he was extremely kind to you.

TTOG the other day: I'm sorry I crushed your bunch of bananas with my non-dominant left hand.

To any one, guest or TM, who likes to munch while checking out:

Misophonia is a rare disorder that can cause the sufferer to experience significant and quick bouts of anger followed by embarrassment over a situation as simple as the sound of someone chewing food. If you ever listened to Dane Cook's stand up routines when we didn't know better, he described it as "the sound that makes me want to punch infants". Now, I don't want to punch an infant, but you get the point. Something like chewing food shouldn't upset me, but it does. I crushed a bunch of bananas with my left hand, and I'm right hand dominant. I struggle to lift weights. I am completely out of shape. I'm telling you this because the human body is capable of great things under stress.

So, I'm going to ask this nicely.

CHEW WITH YOUR F**KING MOUTH SHUT

Amen. Gum is awful as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back