To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
TTOG with screaming grandkids: The younger one was crying because his sister hit him. After that you got agitated and said to your granchild: "It's OK, she just needs to go faster." Then to me: "Hurry it up!! I've got two screaming babies. The faster the better..."

Lady, you had 2 boxes of cereal left to ring. I'm honestly going as fast as I can. I could just shove them to you and say "Here." But I don't think you wanted that.

Lord

TTOG:
You asked me if the pastries were 'fresh'.
I said 'freshly unwrapped'.
You said 'XXX Starbucks has FRESH pastries."
I said they get them from the same source we do.
You snorted derisively & walked off; joke's on you.

TTOG on the phone: I swear I thought you asked for someone in lingerie. Apparently you were really looking for AP? I understand you may not know what AP is, but why the hell wouldnt you ask for loss prevention or security or w/e if you were calling about your daughter being accused of stealing?

TTOG with screaming grandkids: The younger one was crying because his sister hit him. After that you got agitated and said to your granchild: "It's OK, she just needs to go faster." Then to me: "Hurry it up!! I've got two screaming babies. The faster the better..."

Lady, you had 2 boxes of cereal left to ring. I'm honestly going as fast as I can. I could just shove them to you and say "Here." But I don't think you wanted that.

Lord
That's when you fumble the box around, pass the bar code three or four times, and THEN scan it.

Let's list:

--Really? Pennies? You couldn't have just given me another dollar instead of dumping your coin bag on my scale? It would've made my night so much better if I hadn't had to count out 60 pennies...

--Dear mom with the screaming child: Now is one of those times that you just leave the store instead of carting her around the store for 20 minutes while she kicks and screams.

--To the two ladies whose items got squished together: Why didn't you use the dividers? Or at least say something? And yes, when you finally do say something please say it clearly in English . I don't speak Chinese, so I had no way of knowing your order ended after just 2 items.

Total unicorn. I've only seen this happen once in 3 years at spot

I have seen it a few times.. Or they get taken into the family bathroom you hear some really loud screaming and then quietly crying kids come out but the tantrum is OVER..

TTOG: Thanks for understanding we were out of those probiotic vitamins you need, once I understood it was the combo you really needed, you had no issue pulling out your phone and getting a store pick up order started for our sister store. And you did thank me for suggesting that and how to make it easy for your hubby to pick it up.

--Dear mom with the screaming child: Now is one of those times that you just leave the store instead of carting her around the store for 20 minutes while she kicks and screams.

I saw a mom with two kids let her daughter scream at her and her son continually hit her on their way out the store. I almost felt bad for her but seeing how they were at least 3, no you deserve it for letting those animals act like savages.

-To the two ladies whose items got squished together: Why didn't you use the dividers? Or at least say something? And yes, when you finally do say something please say it clearly in English . I don't speak Chinese, so I had no way of knowing your order ended after just 2 items.

I hate the second guest in that situation. Trying to get the first person to pay for your stuff? GTFo

With ten minutes left in my shift, the call button goes off in domestics. The guest is in the main aisle like "hello, i'm here." so I wander over and let him know I need to turn off the button first, then I will help him. He starts fiddling with an old-school flip phone.
Guest: Do you know this area well?
Me: Well...
Guest: Get somebody over here who knows it!
Me: As you can see, we don't have a lot of staff right now. *pulls mydevice out of holster* how can I help?
Guest: My phone isn't working; I had a picture up here to show you
Me: *waits for him to tell me SOMETHING about what he is looking for, but when he doesn't, I start getting impatient although I don't let him see it*
Guest: If you have something else to do, YOU CAN LEAVE
Me: Sir, maybe you could tell me about the product you're looking for?
Him: It's a soap.
Me: (we're standing by the bath section) A soap dispenser of some sort?
Guest: No, soap.
Me: *still waiting for brand name or something and gets nothing* well soap would be on the other end of the store, over near the pharmacy and the health section.
Guest: the health section???
Me: Yes *points out the way to go, guests wanders down there and I head to go clean up my stuff*

FAST SERVICE NEEDED IN CLEANING SUPPLIES, WHO IS RESPONDING?

LOD: boy, that's a lot of call buttons in such a short span
Me: *shakes head*

With ten minutes left in my shift, the call button goes off in domestics. The guest is in the main aisle like "hello, i'm here." so I wander over and let him know I need to turn off the button first, then I will help him. He starts fiddling with an old-school flip phone.
Guest: Do you know this area well?
Me: Well...
Guest: Get somebody over here who knows it!
Me: As you can see, we don't have a lot of staff right now. *pulls mydevice out of holster* how can I help?
Guest: My phone isn't working; I had a picture up here to show you
Me: *waits for him to tell me SOMETHING about what he is looking for, but when he doesn't, I start getting impatient although I don't let him see it*
Guest: If you have something else to do, YOU CAN LEAVE
Me: Sir, maybe you could tell me about the product you're looking for?
Him: It's a soap.
Me: (we're standing by the bath section) A soap dispenser of some sort?
Guest: No, soap.
Me: *still waiting for brand name or something and gets nothing* well soap would be on the other end of the store, over near the pharmacy and the health section.
Guest: the health section???
Me: Yes *points out the way to go, guests wanders down there and I head to go clean up my stuff*

FAST SERVICE NEEDED IN CLEANING SUPPLIES, WHO IS RESPONDING?

LOD: boy, that's a lot of call buttons in such a short span
Me: *shakes head*

I can't tell you how many times that has happened to me-

Im looking for dry shampoo?

Do you have a brand preference ?

Just dry shampoo

Okay...well Target doesn't put all the dry shampoo together so heres some in this brand.

Anything cheaper?

Bangs head...

I can't tell you how many times that has happened to me-

Im looking for dry shampoo?

Do you have a brand preference ?

Just dry shampoo

Okay...well Target doesn't put all the dry shampoo together so heres some in this brand.

Anything cheaper?

Bangs head...

My favorite was a guest who asked for a particular brand of laundry detergent. Showed them on the mydevice that we didn't carry it and walked them around the aisles where the brand's products are and where all the detergents are. I said sorry we don't have it. Guests says yes you DO!. Insists I call the LOD. Luckily my favorite ETL was on duty that day. He said to the guest, what would you like me to do for you? I can't create a product we don't have. haha.

My favorite was a guest who asked for a particular brand of laundry detergent. Showed them on the mydevice that we didn't carry it and walked them around the aisles where the brand's products are and where all the detergents are. I said sorry we don't have it. Guests says yes you DO!. Insists I call the LOD. Luckily my favorite ETL was on duty that day. He said to the guest, what would you like me to do for you? I can't create a product we don't have. haha.

My new favorite is-

Asks for a brand we don't carry

We dont carry that here..

Really I bought some here last week?

Really last week? Ive worked here for awhile and this is my department. Ive never seen that brand. [ my device and .com can't find the item]

Okay we will just go to another Target because I bought some here last week

Bang head even harder

Just finish boxing pizzas fresh out of the oven & place them in the hot case.
Guest looks at boxes disdainfully.
Guest: Do you have any FRESH pizzas?
Me: I just put those out; they are fresh out of the oven.
Guest pulls box halfway out, looks at it before pushing it back & wanders over to the drink cooler. Looks at the menu board, looks at hotdog roller & popcorn machine.
Guest: How long have these been out?
Me (looking at timer): They've been out five minutes.
Guest: So when are you making FRESH pizzas?
Me (thru gritted teeth): Not for another fifteen minutes.
Guest: *sighs* Okay, I'll wait.
*TL finds me in walk-in freezer screaming

Guest pulls box halfway out, looks at it before pushing it back & wanders over to the drink cooler. Looks at the menu board, looks at hotdog roller & popcorn machine.

I can give you some degreaser.

Sounds like a guest I was behind at Starbucks today:

Clueless: can I get a FRESH iced coffee?
TM: fresh???
Clueless: yeah, I don't want the stuff out of the pitcher. Can you make me some fresh?
TM: that's all we have for iced coffee. I can pour some hot coffee over ice, but it's likely to get watery
Clueless: oh, I don't want that. It's been sitting in the dispenser-thingy all day. Can't you just make me fresh iced coffee?
TM: not really.....I can do a pour-over, but like I said, it might be watery....
Clueless: the "other store" does it for me all the time!
TM: well, we only make a certain amount each day.....
Clueless: fine! Then can I get a "fresh" cold brew?
TM: sorry, I can't. It takes a while to make the cold brew....
Clueless: is there a manager or something who can do it?
TM: no....
Clueless: FOrget it! I'll go to *other store,* and they'll make me fresh cold brew
TM: okay....have a nice day! :rolleyes:

And, at this point, my break was almost over....

TTOG: I don't know why you couldn't find the store phone number online. When I googled our store, the store phone number was ALL I could find....I had to go 3 pages in to find the pharmacy number :rolleyes:

Ttog-

Guest-" Do you sell steel wool?"

Me- " Like an SOS pad?"

Guest- " Yes but minus the soap?"

Me- " No"

Guest- " ( sarcasm) You sound so sure. I think it would be in home improvement. Ill go look myself"

If you don't like my answer

A simple okay thank you. That is all.

Good luck finding it.

o_O

Clueless: the "other store" does it for me all the time!
Ahhhhh yes, that la-la land where they can do no wrong:
"The other store NEVER charges extra for (insert your favorite expensive add-on here)!"
"The other store has FRESH pastries/sandwiches/blueberries!"
"The other store ALWAYS accepts my (sketchy, but I raise a big stink) coupon/discount!"

I talked to a barista at a nearby standalone & asked them about some of these; I got a look of "Dafuq?"

With all of the entitled guests, I'll share my experience (may have shared it before, dont know however.)
TTOG: You came up to me, and asked if we had food-prep gloves thin enough to where you could accurately feel what you're handling. I'm in a LV store, so we don't carry much of the product a super target does. I kindly said that we don't, and the closest thing we had was latex gloves but they were powdered up so they wouldn't work. You gave me the whole "Well the (super target location a few miles away) carries them, why don't you?". Because we're a smaller store. You accepted that and walked up. 10 minutes later the call button goes off again in kitchen, so I respond. A male (who I later found out was her husband) asked the same thing but with a much more rude and rough tone. I explain the same fucking thing, smaller store = not the same product. After he gets all chuffed up that we didn't carry them, he walked off mumbling about how he's going to find a manager and get me fired because I was "rude and useless". A few seconds later, he turns around and walks back, takes a look at my nametag and walks away again. Jokes on him, it wasn't my nametag. Afterwards I seen him checking out with his wife and we had a little wild west stare-down for a few seconds before it was their turn.

TTOG: Please do not get into my space whilst I'm kneeled down folding tee shirts in RTW, breathe down my neck and say "WHY ARE YOU MOVING? I WAS JUST SMELLING YOUR HAIR!" no matter how swell you believe it smells. It frightened me so much!

I assume this was most likely because the argan oil product I had used had a good scent. She approached me from behind and I just heard some weird ass breathing in whilst I was sat on the floor folding tee shirts in RTW. I went to stand up and BAM! There was a lady there smelling my hair. I had no clue until I went to stand up. How long was she there before I noticed?

TToG: Yes we are out of fucking Nintendo Switches, it's past 4:30pm what did you expect? Yes the other stores are sold out I'VE CHECKED MULTIPLE TIMES TODAY. Making me check anyways just wastes both our time ESPECIALLY having me call them to double check. And if on the extreme off chance they did have one, they won't hold such a hot item for you. Line up in the morning like everyone else you piss covered snowflake.
Had someone ask me at 10pm once :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back