To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
TThoseGuests: Cheese doesn't slice at a 1. CHEESE DOESN'T SLICE AT A 1. CHEESE. DOESN'T. SLICE. AT. A. 1! If you want your cheese shredded or shaved, do it your damn self or buy the packaged stuff! AUUURGGHH!

I just tell those idiots that the slicer only cuts at two and up. Naturally they ask about the meat slicer, and no, I can't use that one for cheese because sanitary reasons.

TToG

No, I can't let you walk around the store with an unprotected 100 dollar bluetooth speaker. Flashing your police badge to try to show me you're "trustworthy" because you're a ~deputy sheriff~ also isn't going to get me to give you this speaker. If anything, it just made me trust you even less. It'll be at guest services if you want it when you're done shopping.
We used to have a police officer who would come in with "questionable" rxs, flash his badge, and tell us he would be paying cash because he had no insurance. Now, I've never heard of a police officer without health insurance, so I'd always do a search and lo and behold! Guess what I'd find? Not only did he have insurance, it was always waaaayyyy too early to fill the prescriptions! Then, he'd inevitably come up with some bogus excuse why he needed them early (my personal favorite was that they were in the pocket of his bullet proof vest and his girlfriend washed them. Who knew Kevlar was machine washable?

I just tell those idiots that the slicer only cuts at two and up. Naturally they ask about the meat slicer, and no, I can't use that one for cheese because sanitary reasons.
I'm 300% stealing this for when "I'll do what I can!" doesn't work.

We used to have a police officer who would come in with "questionable" rxs, flash his badge, and tell us he would be paying cash because he had no insurance. Now, I've never heard of a police officer without health insurance, so I'd always do a search and lo and behold! Guess what I'd find? Not only did he have insurance, it was always waaaayyyy too early to fill the prescriptions! Then, he'd inevitably come up with some bogus excuse why he needed them early (my personal favorite was that they were in the pocket of his bullet proof vest and his girlfriend washed them. Who knew Kevlar was machine washable?
Had an older dude try to convince me to let him take a ton of clothing into a fitting room when we still had the 6 item limit, claiming to be a police officer. I just kind of smiled awkwardly and he gave up and only took 6 items at a time.

TTOG: I don't care that you work at another Target for 30-something years, when you're a guest, act like one. I don't need help sorting another guest's items and they clearly didn't like the fact that you touched / moved around every single item in their order.

I covered phones for the last 15 minutes of my shift. 15 minutes! I don't know where these people come from, but they need to just...get..

Me: This is Doglover's Target, how may I help you?
Guest: Bedsheets!
Me: Uhh...yes?
Guest: Full-Size Bedsheets!
Me: Are you asking for a specific one....?
Guest: I WANT PRICES!
Me: Please hold *calls tm in bedding on walkie and meanwhile I see the guest hung up*
...A minute passes and the guest calls back
Guest: Yeah I want prices on king-size bed sheets
Me: *sighs and gives prices for full-size sheets guest initially asked about*

I covered phones for the last 15 minutes of my shift. 15 minutes! I don't know where these people come from, but they need to just...get..

Guest: Bedsheets!
Me: Uhh...yes?
Guest: Full-Size Bedsheets!
Me: Are you asking for a specific one....?
Guest: I WANT PRICES!
Me: Please hold *calls tm in bedding on walkie and meanwhile I see the guest hung up*
...A minute passes and the guest calls back
Guest: Yeah I want prices on king-size bed sheets
Me: *sighs and gives prices for full-size sheets guest initially asked about*

Me (when trying to understand what is wanted and the caller offers nothing): "I'm sorry, I am not quite sure what you are asking for. I understand you have a question about bed sheets, what specifically about bedsheets is it that you need help with?"

Me (when asked for prices): "I'm looking at my computer now and the prices range from $low to $high. Since each item is distinctive and my computer does not offer details, I would suggest coming in and viewing the items. They will be in aisle LetterNumber when you come in."

Me (when sick and tired of rude or completely vague guest): "Please hold for a moment." Hit the mute button on the cordless and do something else until my exasperation level has gone down to a point where I won't be letting my desire to reach through the phone and throttle the caller show and I can deal with another asinine question/comment.

That last one is great too when you have a caller with verbal diarrhea. You don't even have to wait for them to say okay, just say it and do it once you've figured out what to do with them but they still haven't taken a breath.

TToG

Eat an entire tin of breath mints

TToOG

Bathe yourself in bleach

I literally could not be around them they smelled a w f u l

TTOG: My, aren't YOU just a special little snowflake (emphasis on the 'flake').
Your order for your iced latte started out benign enough but then you had to get really REALLY specific on how you wanted it done, all of which I dutifully notated on your cup until it looked like a Tolstoy novel. OK, done.
But then you said "Now, can you DO all that?" with just the right touch of condescension & that tore it.
Even after you gushed how WONDERFUL it was, no one had EVER done it so GOOD, how I REALLY knew my craft, etc, etc, I just wanted you to GTFO.
Hope you like decaf, bitch.

TTOBitch: If you insisted on snatching your items from me like an animal to fold them "just how you wanted" and then yelled at me because I was having trouble getting a dress off a hanger; You are the reason self-checkout exists. Yes, I then put the rest of your stuff on the counter, because that's what you seemed to want.

Also, the rude snap of "YOU'RE WELCOME!" as you left was hilarious. People like you are why I hate this job. :rolleyes:

Hope you like decaf, bitch.

Off-topic, how does anyone not realize decaf was slipped in? I tried decaf coffee one time, spat it out and swore never again. Decaf makes coffee lose the bitterness, it tastes more like water with a bit of coffee taste. Blech.

TTOG: GET OFF THE PHONE! Jesus, you're not that important. Unless you're a heart surgeon who's being asked over the phone if you can come in early for an operation, hang up.

I've started talkign loudly to people on the phone now. Instead of ignoring them, I make eye contact and explain the red card in detail, comment on cartwheel, subscriptions, return policy, ANYTHING, as long as I'm talking over them and the people on the other end hear me. Had a lady today rather exasperatedly say "I have to go, I'm at Target at the check out". She made that loud exhale to show me her extreme displeasure. I stopped explaining things when she hung up.

Off-topic, how does anyone not realize decaf was slipped in? I tried decaf coffee one time, spat it out and swore never again. Decaf makes coffee lose the bitterness, it tastes more like water with a bit of coffee taste. Blech.
I wouldn't try that with coffee but most straight coffee folk are less entitled.
Decaf espresso, with all the syrups/milks added is less noticeable a difference.

Ttog-

I was okay with ringing your legos at the boat in Electronics. Cool Ill price match them to Walmart. Searches UPC on their website and discovered they were 4 cents cheaper. Then you went off on me about how they were just marked down at the Walmart accross the street. I explained we need to see the price online or have a circular with the price. Didn't want to listen to me and decided you would go to GS. I later asked them and they said you never came up. Im not dumb.

At my store price match is only at GS and must be verified on the iPad. Period. if the iPad is down we can verify on our own phones (our GSTM trusts us to do that). But cashiers and electronics are not allowed to price match.

At my store price match is only at GS and must be verified on the iPad. Period. if the iPad is down we can verify on our own phones (our GSTM trusts us to do that). But cashiers and electronics are not allowed to price match.

Yeah that's common although quarter 4 it's so busy most stores price match everywhere. Your lines at guest service would never end.

Ttog-

I was okay with ringing your legos at the boat in Electronics. Cool Ill price match them to Walmart. Searches UPC on their website and discovered they were 4 cents cheaper. Then you went off on me about how they were just marked down at the Walmart accross the street. I explained we need to see the price online or have a circular with the price. Didn't want to listen to me and decided you would go to GS. I later asked them and they said you never came up. Im not dumb.
Sounds like a couple guests the came to my store with a bunch of clothes, that they supposedly found cheaper at another Target, but they had no proof that said merch was cheaper. Yeah, no, we're not just going to take your word for it...Sorry not sorry.

Im pretty trust worthy. I do everything with probable cause and my ETL will take my side.

Im pretty trust worthy. I do everything with probable cause and my ETL will take my side.
Yeah they're not too strict abo how you check but you will get in trouble at my store if you do it and not a GSTM at the SD.

our GSTM trusts us that we're not idiots and gonna do something stupid. one time they even left her approval code and was basically like "if you abuse it i'll know". ofc I would never use it without checking with them, but I am very lucky to work in a store where we're empowered to make our own decisions.

Last edited:
TTOG: My mid leaves at 7 and we are open until 9, I'm out by 930. You came up around 8:15 with your daughter and asked me what time I close. I told you 9, and you asked me if it was okay to get a frappuccino. I looked at you confused and you said,"I know you guys work hard and you're alone and if it's too complicated to make, I will order something else." It was such a cute gesture, especially because I was having such a hard night, but I explained it's my job to make you whatever you want! I'm here to make whatever drinks you want, as long as I am open and have the ingredients. I thanked you for asking and told you I appreciated the thought and I have to say, it makes me happy to know there are people like you in the world who look out and care about others.

TToG

just because I looked physically exhausted doesn't mean i'm a dumbass. you paid with a 20 so don't give me none of this "i gave you a 50" bullshit i even said "out of 20.50" when you handed it to me and you didnt bat an eye

luckily ap didnt have to get involved because it was 8 fucking 30 in the morning and there wasnt even a 50 in the register! hell there were barely even 20s! so get the fuck outta my store i aint got time for that shit

Last edited:
Better than the dick I had who demanded 3 pour-overs (2 diff types) 5 minutes to close.

I just explain matter of fact that we are out of ground coffee or something to that effect. I can make people believe anything if I say it with confidence.
I literally clock out late every time I close because I do everything, everything damn thing. I don't ever skip anything. So, that ain't happening.
You are much nicer than I am apparently. I'll do frappuccinos or lattes, but I'm not doing a pourover at 9 PM.

TToG

just because I looked physically exhausted doesn't mean i'm a dumbass. you paid with a 20 so don't give me none of this "i gave you a 50" bullshit i even said "out of 20.50" when you handed it to me and you didnt bat an eye

luckily ap didnt have to get involved because it was 8 fucking 30 in the morning and there wasnt even a 50 in the register! hell there were barely even 20s! so get the fuck outta my store i aint got time for that shit
Wow if you're gonna pull that don't pull it if there's not even a $50. That's extremely stupid. I always say the change while looking them in the eye. And I'm not afraid to have AP look at the tapes. I assume that will scare off most guests.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back