To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
To the woman that I snapped on today as I was cashiering, perhaps I went over the line, perhaps I snapped because I closed last night and opened today at 7, but I could not take it anymore. First, you commit one of my biggest pet peeves which is coming in my lane with a bunch of jewelry, asking me how much it is, even though most were marked, then deciding if you want it. When you're in line and people are waiting, you shouldn't still be deciding what you want to take. Second, you ask how much the clearance jewelry rang up for and when I tell you that it came up at the price it was marked for, you raise your voice as if you were my mother: "ALL JEWELRY WAS 20% OFF!" I tell you that it probably excludes clearance, to which you raise your voice even louder , "WELL, THAT'S NOT WHAT THE SIGN SAYS, YOU REALLY NEED TO BE BETTER WITH THAT!!" To which I reply, "That's not me," then I change the prices for you and continue, scanning your Who What Wear purses and you again go, for some reason raising your voice again, "DID THOSE COME UP 20% OFF?" I tell you that they did not, most likely because those bags were in RTW and it's solely the accessories department that had the 20% off signs, then you reply with "BUT THEY'RE STILL PURSES" Then I snap, "Yes, I know I'm just letting you know why they didn't come off," then I change the prices for you, again. Then a Victoria Beckham clearance dress marked for 30% off comes up and you go, "THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE 30% OFF" I snap back in a rude tone "it IS 30% off", showing you the marked tag and I explain to you that the marked price is what the 30% off is, you retort with "THAT'S NOT WHAT THE SIGN SAYS" Yes, a clearance sign says prices as marked, you don't get an additional 30% off like you were somehow expecting. You seemed like the typical, middle aged white woman with an entitled attitude thinking I owe you shit when you never treated me well to begin with. A reminder of why I need to leave this retail shithole and get an actual job. Also, go feel emboldened and fill out your little survey or speak to a manager if you feel like it because I honestly couldn't care less about it.

(Way too long, and kinda not that exciting)

TTOG: I get that you wanted to surprise your family member with that cake you came through the lane with, what I don't get is why you insisted on having it bagged, when it was too large to fit into a bag. Thankfully, with the help of another TM, we were able to fix the situation by both of us helping to bag it the best we could. :confused:

TThoseGuests: Cheese doesn't slice at a 1. CHEESE DOESN'T SLICE AT A 1. CHEESE. DOESN'T. SLICE. AT. A. 1! If you want your cheese shredded or shaved, do it your damn self or buy the packaged stuff! AUUURGGHH!

To the woman that I snapped on today as I was cashiering, perhaps I went over the line, perhaps I snapped because I closed last night and opened today at 7, but I could not take it anymore. First, you commit one of my biggest pet peeves which is coming in my lane with a bunch of jewelry, asking me how much it is, even though most were marked, then deciding if you want it. When you're in line and people are waiting, you shouldn't still be deciding what you want to take. Second, you ask how much the clearance jewelry rang up for and when I tell you that it came up at the price it was marked for, you raise your voice as if you were my mother: "ALL JEWELRY WAS 20% OFF!" I tell you that it probably excludes clearance, to which you raise your voice even louder , "WELL, THAT'S NOT WHAT THE SIGN SAYS, YOU REALLY NEED TO BE BETTER WITH THAT!!" To which I reply, "That's not me," then I change the prices for you and continue, scanning your Who What Wear purses and you again go, for some reason raising your voice again, "DID THOSE COME UP 20% OFF?" I tell you that they did not, most likely because those bags were in RTW and it's solely the accessories department that had the 20% off signs, then you reply with "BUT THEY'RE STILL PURSES" Then I snap, "Yes, I know I'm just letting you know why they didn't come off," then I change the prices for you, again. Then a Victoria Beckham clearance dress marked for 30% off comes up and you go, "THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE 30% OFF" I snap back in a rude tone "it IS 30% off", showing you the marked tag and I explain to you that the marked price is what the 30% off is, you retort with "THAT'S NOT WHAT THE SIGN SAYS" Yes, a clearance sign says prices as marked, you don't get an additional 30% off like you were somehow expecting. You seemed like the typical, middle aged white woman with an entitled attitude thinking I owe you shit when you never treated me well to begin with. A reminder of why I need to leave this retail shithole and get an actual job. Also, go feel emboldened and fill out your little survey or speak to a manager if you feel like it because I honestly couldn't care less about it.

(Way too long, and kinda not that exciting)
Not too long, just a typical day.

Why did you change prices for her when the signs are really clear on what's discounted? Unless the store signage is wrong, you don't change prices. And when a "guest" is harassing you that badly, you can call your GSA and have them deal with it.

I know that a lot of old white women act this way so I deal with them sternly and if they're complete cunts, I make their sorry asses wait. I'll call for GSA and then redirect guests to other lanes while we're waiting.

Seriously, you don't have to give in to their demands simply because they can't read, follow directions, rules, etc.

TTOG:

If you're going to buy a gift for your grandkid, maybe shop when he's NOT WITH YOU!

Yelling at me as I'm scanning your shit to hide it after it's on the belt and in my hand is only going to make me wave it around higher. Seriously. Plan ahead you batty old douche.

TTOG:

If you're going to buy a gift for your grandkid, maybe shop when he's NOT WITH YOU!

Yelling at me as I'm scanning your shit to hide it after it's on the belt and in my hand is only going to make me wave it around higher. Seriously. Plan ahead you batty old douche.
Sounds like the lady that gave her kid a giant teddy bear so he'd shut up while shopping and then yelled at me during check out because there was no way I could "hide" it so he couldn't see that they weren't buying it...

TTOG:

I haven't gotten anyone mad at me yet when hiding things for kiddos... knock on wood but seriously.. I do agree on leaving them at home so they can't see.

Seriously, you don't have to give in to their demands simply because they can't read, follow directions, rules, etc.

From the description it sounds more like a scam. The woman pushed it with the jewelry to see if FredPanda could be rattled, not because she was stupid about pricing.

TTOG: the other tech told you we were extremely busy and there were SCO at the front lanes, but you didn't want to use them, so don't complain because you had to wait. She was helping a pharmacy patient at drop-off and the pharmacist and I were on the phone, so I'm not sure what you expected us to do. The "it's about time" was totally uncalled for when I finally got over to help you and I don't give a rat's ass if you complain to the store manager that I was rude to you when I responded with, "I'm sorry, I'm not a Target employee, I'm a CVS employee, & I was helping a CVS Pharmacy customer on the phone. You could've walked up front to the TARGET registers to ring out your TARGET items if you didn't want to wait!"

TTOG: If you preferred to go to Self-checkout in the first place, why did you come to Express and moan about how, "This is too slow, I thought it was an Express lane. I should've gone to Self-checkout..." before actually going to Self-checkout ?
I mean, you walked right by them before stopping in my lane to whine. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

All the more reason to not change prices. People try to scam all the time. People suck.
I will only change a price if the guest is being nice, the price change is under $5ish and I have reason to believe the price should be changed for a reason other than "i want it changed".

Ttog - either buy the damn stuffed animal toy for your little kid or don't let him play, drop, slide on the floor and sit on it and then leave it randomly in the store. Disgusting.

TTOG: When you called at 10pm saying that when you were in the store earlier, someone promised you a call back about a protection plan for a bike you purchased, the closing shift knew nothing about this. You coulda been patient while I spoke to the LOD and we sorted this out. Actually, I had no idea we sold bike protection plans and neither did the LOD. Good thing our long-time bike builder happened to be in the building.

TTO other G: I'm sorry that we're still out of the 3lb. bags of frozen strawberries. I checked with one of the PAs and they said we don't have them, they haven't come in yet. No, I don't know when they'll be arriving. What more do you want me to do?

TTOG: I don't care where you "say" you found it. If it doesn't have a clearance sticker on it showing the clearance price and doesn't ring up a lower price (exactly how do you know the "regular price?"o_O) then it's NOT on clearance. You can argue with me all you want, I'm not changing the price because, without a clearance sticker, I have no way of knowing what % off it's supposed to be! Oh, of COURSE it's supposed to be 80% off! Sorry, but I don't think that's one of Target's "regular" discounts (Is it? I honestly don't know, but it seems like an odd number:p). Nice try, though.

TTOG: When you called at 10pm saying that when you were in the store earlier, someone promised you a call back about a protection plan for a bike you purchased, the closing shift knew nothing about this. You coulda been patient while I spoke to the LOD and we sorted this out. Actually, I had no idea we sold bike protection plans and neither did the LOD. Good thing our long-time bike builder happened to be in the building.

TTO other G: I'm sorry that we're still out of the 3lb. bags of frozen strawberries. I checked with one of the PAs and they said we don't have them, they haven't come in yet. No, I don't know when they'll be arriving. What more do you want me to do?
What, you don't have a crystal ball?

I have one guy who always does this at SCO because he doesn't know how to ring up bananas. He also makes me bag it for him. At self checkout.
see like that i low key understand because not all of the guests know the numbers to our fruits, but this woman brought a whole basket of clothes and made one of our SCO people ring all of her stuff up.......

see like that i low key understand because not all of the guests know the numbers to our fruits, but this woman brought a whole basket of clothes and made one of our SCO people ring all of her stuff up.......
No no but not only have I showed him multiple times how to tap find item then bananas, but he also makes me BAG those and his other items. Like it's actually slower for him to use SCO then to go to a regular lane if I'm helping someone else

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back