To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
To the guest who was yakking on her cell as she comes up to my Starbux counter: You placed your order in a whisper hoping that the person you were talking to wouldn't know what you were doing. Too bad your cover was blown when my coworker began grinding coffee. You then tried to tell them it was a jackhammer until we loudly called out your drink.

To the guest who was yakking on her cell as she comes up to my Starbux counter: You placed your order in a whisper hoping that the person you were talking to wouldn't know what you were doing. Too bad your cover was blown when my coworker began grinding coffee. You then tried to tell them it was a jackhammer until we loudly called out your drink.

:facepalm:

probably hear this too much:

guests: please end your conversation on your cell phone before I begin to ring your order. It's just common courtesy, and I need to ask you if you want a red card.

I just sit there until they get the drift and end the conversation....MOST usually get it after about a minute of me looking at them like this:soldier4:

You should have loudly asked her "Did you know, you can save 5% on your Starbux coffee order today, by opening a red card"?

.... stop letting your children run around the store, hide behind racks and trash the place... this is not a daycare

Climbing in the racks particularly scary when you've had two of them fall apart on you in six years. Yes, they literally did the splits, one half to the right and the other to the left. The first one I caught. The second one my SLTL was there and we just sort of went o_O and called our store tech. *shakes head* And then of course we had to put all the clothes back on it after he fixed it. :p

I thought Eis was ice cream...long long time since my last german class in highschool!
And way off topic : since I last read about the kinder eggs,I have been looking all over my new house to find the box with all the little toys ,I know we took them ,but it is driving me crazy not knowing where they are ...

To that one guest who asked me to watch her cart while she went to the bathroom..... I offered to place it in the guest service corridor where it could be safely watched... you did not have to scream at me and tell me thanks for nothing, that you'd remember me, and storm off like a twit. You really screwed my evening and you didn't even consider how my night was going. Our SL team was down to two people and we were already drowning in the workload. But oh no, it's ALL about you...isn't it? :mda:

To that one guest who asked me to watch her cart while she went to the bathroom..... I offered to place it in the guest service corridor where it could be safely watched... you did not have to scream at me and tell me thanks for nothing, that you'd remember me, and storm off like a twit. You really screwed my evening and you didn't even consider how my night was going. Our SL team was down to two people and we were already drowning in the workload. But oh no, it's ALL about you...isn't it? :mda:

Gotta love the people who think they are the center of the universe.
Sorry this one ruined your night.

It's like the guests that go shopping BEFORE they come to pharmacy and expect US to "hold" all of their crap, like we have so much room, especially the ones who want us to stick their stuff in our refrigerator. "Ummm....sorry....that's ONLY for prescriptions, I can't put your milk in it!"

a part of my job is to assist guests when they need help finding something...i understand that, but when you try to ask me something from HALF WAY ACROSS THE F**KING STORE im just going to keep walking and pretend i didn't hear you, you can come up to me like a normal civil person and ask, and you dont even say "excuse me" all you do is blast a question or a demand, AINT NOBODY GOT TIME FO DAT

None of the ETLs will let me try and institute some sort of 'unattended for 30 mins? that's a call to the police for child abandonment' policy. Then again, I'm a lowly peon and have no conceivable power so ... that would be part of it.

a part of my job is to assist guests when they need help finding something...i understand that, but when you try to ask me something from HALF WAY ACROSS THE F**KING STORE im just going to keep walking and pretend i didn't hear you, you can come up to me like a normal civil person and ask, and you dont even say "excuse me" all you do is blast a question or a demand, AINT NOBODY GOT TIME FO DAT

WHERE DVDS AT!?! ....

I mourn the death of language and grammar.

None of the ETLs will let me try and institute some sort of 'unattended for 30 mins? that's a call to the police for child abandonment' policy. Then again, I'm a lowly peon and have no conceivable power so ... that would be part of it.

If you're talking about kids...happens at my store all the time. I swear the parents don't even notice the kids are missing!

I'd swear some parents are trying to dump their kids at our store (a la "Ransom of Red Chief").

If you're talking about kids...happens at my store all the time. I swear the parents don't even notice the kids are missing!

Yep. The whole 'hey junior play in the toys section/video games demo units until i get done drinking with my fling at the local wateringhole' thing is .... really starting to grate.

Yep. The whole 'hey junior play in the toys section/video games demo units until i get done drinking with my fling at the local wateringhole' thing is .... really starting to grate.

I feel like beating those parents with these
XeFpldu.png

I mean their kids leave these everywhere.

Last edited:

That's because they're too busy gabbing about highly personal stuff on their cell phones to even notice.

That's because they're too busy gabbing about highly personal stuff on their cell phones to even notice.

It took me years to get a cell phone.
The main reason for that was a single moment in a grocery store in the frozen food section.
I was shopping with my kids and walked past a thirty something woman on her cellphone (this was in the early days when they were still a bit brick sized.)
She was crying, her makeup running and she kept saying over and over, "You can't break us up now!"
It just seemed so heart rending and personal, just not something that should be happening in the frozen food section.
I know cell phones aren't really to blame for those situations but I didn't want to have anything to do with them for a long time after that.

If the kid is under a certain age (let's say 13), I'd call the cops as soon as I knew the parent had left the store. After all, that's how old you have to be to run around on your own at Disney... I'd honestly rather lose my job over something like that than, say, being performanced out for a stupid reason.

During the summer, we had some kids who'd spend the whole day running around the store sans parents (lived in nearby apts). It was a chance to be in AC, they'd snag water cups & filch sodas or icees until we took their cups away. AP was always having to run them off until the STL threatened to call the police on them.
Didn't see 'em after that but it's almost that time again.

to that one guest...I am almost sorry that I thought you were around my age and asked you if you remembered wearing body suits in the 70's. I say almost because of the way you behaved at the fitting room.

Staring at me and saying "Kleenex?" is my favorite form of greeting.
Especially when you guys yell it aisles away from me.

It's almost as awesome as whistling or shouting "HAYY!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back