To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
She kept insisting we were breaking the law by asking for ID.

She told me "You know you are breaking the law right? You can get in trouble for asking for stuff like that"

I kept saying it was the law for her to show me an ID and then thats when she dropped the F bomb.

Some of your comments and experiences at the check lanes with guests makes me glad I don't cashier. My experiences with guests on the sales floor for the most part have been good. :)

To the guest who asked me to check for a stroller in the back because you didn't like the box on the floor that was a little scraped up: Don't get all huffy when I tell you very politely that we don't have any in the back, as if I've done you a great disservice. There's one RIGHT THERE on the shelf that is undoubtedly perfectly fine, you just can't get over a slight cosmetic defect in the packaging material.

Some of your comments and experiences at the check lanes with guests makes me glad I don't cashier. My experiences with guests on the sales floor for the most part have been good. :)
Yeah because Guests need your help. By the time they get to the checklanes, they just want to get out.
:thumbsup:

To the guest who asked me to check for a stroller in the back because you didn't like the box on the floor that was a little scraped up: Don't get all huffy when I tell you very politely that we don't have any in the back, as if I've done you a great disservice. There's one RIGHT THERE on the shelf that is undoubtedly perfectly fine, you just can't get over a slight cosmetic defect in the packaging material.
I've had guests ask for a discount when the corners of the box are smashed.

It's like seriously, it's just the box, it's not even the actual product.

Our fitting room lady actually lets some people do that and they actually buy the items. They would come to my lane with the tag saying they are either wearing the shirt, shoes, or a jacket.

Really? I swear I'd get shot if I let people do that. I'm sure some people are honest and actually would pay for the item, but at the same time it would be very easy for them to ditch the tag and walk out.

ach5063 said:
At my store we have a soft lines TM walk the guest to the check lanes. I may be mistaken but isn't this also BP?

Interesting. I can see it being allowed if we would do that too, but we don't :confused:

What makes people think they have the right to make personal comments to total strangers like that?
I just don't understand people like that.
There are times when I'm sure people have thought I was an obnoxious customer but I would never make a comment like that.
I don't either...I should've said "I'm working here because I enjoy dealing with beyotches like you!" LOL!

She must be a graduate of the Glenn Beck Charm School....
LMAO!!!

No I was not "trespassing" in the old Hollywood video. See my name tag? See the pallets of fixtures? Do the math bud.

I've had guests ask for a discount when the corners of the box are smashed.

It's like seriously, it's just the box, it's not even the actual product.

When stores used to carry the california closests, I had a guest ask for a discount because she was "buying a whole set." I told her she could get 10% off when she is approved for a Target RedCard. But thats all. And she kept on. And again I told her the price on the label is what we sell it at.

An idiot ETL comes by and says to the lady 'SURE...I will give you an extra 10% off.'

Guest 01: Thanks a whole lot for getting on my case because I "won't accept your coupons". I'm following policy, and I tried being as nice/polite as possible to you despite how abrasive and downright rude you were beginning to get.

Guest 02: If I had a kid and he was as rude/mouthy as yours (no, I don't care if your kid is just four years old), I wouldn't bring him with me. Not only was he refusing to listen and SIT DOWN in the cart, but he was also being a cheeky little brat, saying stuff that would of gotten me smacked if I did what he was doing. :C And if he's only four and you let him get away with that... I hate to see him ten years from now.

Guest 03: I really hope nothing happens to your children. Refusing to listen to the cashier and letting your kids stand up/climb all over the cart/up onto the lanes? Yeah... my poor guests were horrified, and unable to watch because they were afraid they would witness your kids falling over the edge and onto the ground. :/

at my store, the toilets do not flush themselves, you need to walk a little closer to the toilet and push that one lever on the side. There you go, I knew you could do it! Good Guest!

the water faucets do not turn themselves off. It's very wasteful for you to walk away thinking who knows what and leave the water running. That's ok, lazy guest. I got it - don't stress yourself.

To the ladies that bought about $900 worth of One Spot and toiletries and extreme couponed it down to just over $200 (all the coupons were legit AND they all worked!!): thank you for coming to my lane right after my lunch rather than right before I was supposed to leave. Also, thank you for not only putting on a happy face, but actually being nice and conversating with me throughout the transaction. You really helped to pass the time for me.

Needless to say, the GSA let me move to express after this sale.

To the ladies that bought about $900 worth of One Spot and toiletries and extreme couponed it down to just over $200 (all the coupons were legit AND they all worked!!): thank you for coming to my lane right after my lunch rather than right before I was supposed to leave. Also, thank you for not only putting on a happy face, but actually being nice and conversating with me throughout the transaction. You really helped to pass the time for me.

Needless to say, the GSA let me move to express after this sale.
What all were they buying? o_O;;

I know for sure that the items that are coupon applicable wouldn't of been allowed to have THAT MUCH bought of... seeing as our store limits the amount of coupons usable per like items.

---

@Thread:

To that one guest who not only came into my line long after my light was turned off/before I got off:

Not only that, but you also left your crap in your basket for me to remove but no, of course you couldn't be bothered to remove the friggin' slushie you had in there still - and while it didn't spill entirely, the straw went flying and ended up getting all over my screen, keyboard, check machine... as well as ruining/defecting some of the items you had. -_-

Thanks a whole effing lot.

Lazy people who can't be bothered to put your own crap out of the baskets, and are apparently too blind/ignorant to be bothered to go to a lane with lights on.

To that one guest who not only came into my line long after my light was turned off/before I got off:

Not only that, but you also left your crap in your basket for me to remove but no, of course you couldn't be bothered to remove the friggin' slushie you had in there still - and while it didn't spill entirely, the straw went flying and ended up getting all over my screen, keyboard, check machine... as well as ruining/defecting some of the items you had. -_-

Thanks a whole effing lot.

Lazy people who can't be bothered to put your own crap out of the baskets, and are apparently too blind/ignorant to be bothered to go to a lane with lights on.

I had a woman actually stomp her feet like a 2 year old as she walked away after I told her I was closed.
Then there are those who will ask if you are open when you're light is on and you're standing at your register:facepalm:

I had a woman actually stomp her feet like a 2 year old as she walked away after I told her I was closed.
Then there are those who will ask if you are open when you're light is on and you're standing at your register:facepalm:
Yes, it seems people work in opposites where I am.

WHen your light is off, they all flock over.
When it's on, they ignore you entirely. :|

Yes, it seems people work in opposites where I am.

WHen your light is off, they all flock over.
When it's on, they ignore you entirely. :|

Same thing at my store. Me and my fellow cashiers actually joke about it.

Must be because were from S. Cali

at my store, the toilets do not flush themselves, you need to walk a little closer to the toilet and push that one lever on the side. There you go, I knew you could do it! Good Guest!

the water faucets do not turn themselves off. It's very wasteful for you to walk away thinking who knows what and leave the water running. That's ok, lazy guest. I got it - don't stress yourself.

It's not that they're lazy, they just don't want to catch cooties from anyone ;) I'm sure it's not "brand", but I called one guest out when she walked out of the stall without flushing the other day. She just walked out and I asked her "excuse me, do you plan on flushing?" she said " do you KNOW what is on those handles? DISGUSTING!". I just said "so do it with a paper towel in your hand, but please have some consideration for other customers" and walked out :disappoint:

Yes, there are bacteria and such on the toilet handles. This is why we wash our hands after using the toilet. Was she also planning to not wash her hands? YUCK!

It's not that they're lazy, they just don't want to catch cooties from anyone ;) I'm sure it's not "brand", but I called one guest out when she walked out of the stall without flushing the other day. She just walked out and I asked her "excuse me, do you plan on flushing?" she said " do you KNOW what is on those handles? DISGUSTING!". I just said "so do it with a paper towel in your hand, but please have some consideration for other customers" and walked out :disappoint:

Could she not just use her foot to hit the handle...? :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back