To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha. I sing on the floor on slow days all the time. Haven't been able to afford to see any broadway in a while, so now I just pretend I'm in a musical whenever it's possible. I've had Happy in my head for days, though. I'm sure someone's gonna hit me if I don't move on to something else. That song gets annoying after a while.

To those guests who flip out a little bit when people are dicks to me, thanks. I can't react too much, myself, but it's nice when I'm not the only person to notice how inconsiderate some people are.

The "Happy" song is a good tune for the front check out lanes. To escape from the slow, boring reality of checkout lane life I picture the little minions dancing from the music video.

I am always singing(and often talk to inanimate objects).....guests and team members laugh when they catch me....some help me get the song that is stuck in my head. I had a guest sing "It's a small world"....didn't help. Though right now I hate that ALL of the little guests who sing are singing "Let it Go." Hating that song.

Re: "let it go" is being sung by all the yoga moms at my store.
When I didn't recognize it, one mom said "OMG! You haven't seen it yet?!"
I said I have 3 boys 11 yrs & up who wouldn't be caught dead seeing a Disney chik flik.

my girls are over 17 (almost 18....gawd they are old!!) but I am a Disney freak. LOVE the movie as it runs mostly against a stereotypical Disney princess movie. BUT that song (which I actually liked in the movie) is being sung everywhere, by every one. It is also getting a little tiresome to hear all of the reenactments of the story. Including from my 3 nephews.

So our hiring kiosks are not five feet away from the service desk. And next to each computer is a phone, that rings directly to the service desk when you pick it up, making them the world's most useless phones. Naturally kids love to pick them up, making our phone ring.

Well, today a mom was doing some returns, and her about five-year-old wandered over to the kiosk, picked up the phone, and put it to his ear. Naturally he heard the phone ringing, but I don't think had yet put it together that it was my phone. Since he wouldn't put it down, I had to answer. At that point, he heard me answer in the phone and in person, knowing full well it was me, and said to me, "you're ugly" and hung up the phone.

Nice.

So he wandered over to his mom and just looked at me. And in my most cheerful voice with a huge smile on my face, I said, "that wasn't nice to call me ugly."

Mom, who looked like she wanted to crawl through the floor, asked if it was true. He lied, and said, "no" with a look on his face that clearly said he was lying and he couldn't believe he got called out in front of his mom. I didn't say anything...she realized he was lying, put him in the cart, began to lecture him about playing with things he shouldn't be playing with and talking to people that way, wouldn't accept a half-hearted apology, and by the end of that trip when I saw them near the check out lines, he was clearly regretting his entire trip to the store.

This is what my life has been reduced to: not taking lip from a five year old.

TTOG, I'm sorry, I love helping people out (though it tends to bite me in the ass, great friends heh), but I will not give you a ride. I don't want to believe you're a bad person wanting to hurt an overly trusting person, but the world is a cruel place and the area we're in (a good area) seems to be getting worse. I'm glad someone said that it is against store policy to do that (don't know if that is completely true because we are off the clock), because I was trying my hardest to get away.

So the gist of the story, we're leaving after close, she comes up to a group of us begging one of us to give her a ride to a gas station because she ran out of gas. Something something about painting, needs to stop at a few places to get the necessary items.

To that one guest: I hope you enjoy your lamps. I mean, all I did was get them from the backroom for you. You really didn't have to go up and do the Guest Satisfaction Survey but it's really nice that you did :D

I was covering a 30 in electronics, and just pulling stuff forward on the peghooks on the phone cases when I heard this loud bang come from the DVDs. Naturally, I'm curious so I go over to see one of the Target motorized carts, that a guest somehow managed to drive right into and literally move the $5 DVD display.

As i was walking into work the other day through the front doors, a guest was walking in at the same time. He then asked me where he could find baby bibs. Seriously dude I am barely in the front door and you are asking me stuff? Even though I could have easily told him where it was I told I told him he could ask the employee right over there and pointed him toward her. Ha

He doesn't know that, maybe he thought you were just getting of break, getting some quick air, maybe checking carts.

I was working on cash tonight and an item didn't scan at the sale price - no big deal, it happens all the time. I was about to change it (it was only a dollar anyway) when the lady started screaming at me, saying I overcharged her and tried to scam her. I apologized and said that sometimes sale prices aren't put in the system on time and assured her I adjusted it. She didn't even listen - just continued screaming at me saying I intentionally and purposely overcharged her. Thankfully, a guy I work with was on his way to relieve me for my break. He saw what was going on and told me to go. The lady then proceeds to yell at him and question why I called him over to deal with her, to which he said I was going for break. She didn't like that answer and started swearing at the both of us. I seriously couldn't believe it… do people seriously have no sense of how to act in public anymore? And why do people have this logic that cashiers just pull prices out of thin air? All I do is scan your stuff and bag it. I don't make up the prices, and I have absolutely nothing to gain by charging you an extra dollar. I am not the one who overcharged you. It was simply an error in the system that I fixed. NOT MY FAULT.

Sorry for ranting, but incidents like that really make me question why I still work here. I just don't understand how people think it's okay to treat people and talk to people like that and make complete asses out of themselves. o_O

Sorry you had to put up with that dreck @bullseyebuzzkill
Some people walk around just on the edge of snapping all the time.
It doesn't matter what it is, they are going to go off and too bad if you are caught in their storm.
There are a lot of reasons for it.
Some of them are normally rational people who are going through some kind of horrible circumstances and one day might feel bad, others have personality disorders and will never care.
Your best bet is to let it wash over you, kill them with kindness (often that pisses them off more, which is small satisfaction), and never take it personally.

He doesn't know that, maybe he thought you were just getting of break, getting some quick air, maybe checking carts.

Yeah except the fact that I had my bag on and food in my hand. I clearly wasnt working at the time

You don't seriously think the guests care or notice things like that right? At least once a week I'd be walking to the break room with a pizza or some other FA dreck in one hand, drink in the other and someone would ALWAYS ask me where to find something.

Lol I've been asked where to find things while still walking into the building with a bag of food and sunglasses on.

I've been asked where to find things when I'm just stopping by to pick up my check, and I'm in a pair of jeans and a non-red shirt, with my cell phone out, headphones on, and my giant purse dangling from my shoulder.

Yeah except the fact that I had my bag on and food in my hand. I clearly wasnt working at the time

You don't seriously think the guests care or notice things like that right? At least once a week I'd be walking to the break room with a pizza or some other FA dreck in one hand, drink in the other and someone would ALWAYS ask me where to find something.

Lol why does it seem like you are getting defensive? Its really not that big of a deal, and that is my point. some guests really don't care

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back