To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
To that one guest: no, I will not just handwave away 23 cents that you owe us. Yes, it is just 23 cents. You just shoved a minimum of $15 back into your pocket after taking a full minute to count out $4. I am ok being "uncool" according to you. You should know better.

To the guest that remembered me 2 months after I helped you (it was a very bizarre, very specific request): you're freaking awesome. Please come hunt me down anytime in the store.

A friend of mine posted this...Its a social reminder but it was funny as hell as well.

http://www.oddcrunch.com/customer-returned-something/0

A Customer Returned Something Because A Gay Person Touched It - This Is The Manager's Response
Now this is a comeback of epic proportions! Recently, a manager at a shop faced something horrible that no one should face - hatred and discrimination. But her manager reacts in an amazing way - and teaches the customer a real lesson. She writes:

''I'm a manager at a local store. I'm working the tills and serving a woman I have sold things to before. We are making small tall as I beep the barcodes. Note: I'm a lesbian.

Customer: 'I can't believe the president came out in support for gay marraige!'

Me: 'I know; kind of unbelievable!'

Customer: 'That f** lover is going to burn in hell for that!'

Me: *biting my tongue* 'Okay.'

(I finish scanning the products and hand the customer her bags.)

Customer: 'They should round up all the gays and put them down.'

Me: 'That would be bad for me, seeing as I am a lesbian.'

(The woman turns pale and walks out without saying a word. A few hours later, I get a call from the manager of another one of our stores. On the line, I can hear the same customer I previously sold items to ranting.)

Manager (also a woman): 'So, this woman is here wanting to exchange a bunch of stuff from your store. When I asked her what was wrong with the items, she said you tainted them; I have no idea what she is talking about. Could you maybe clear this up for me?'

Me: 'Well, I bet it is because she found out I was gay.'

Manager: 'I see.' *starts talking in sultry voice* 'Well, I'll see you tonight for our date. You should put on that that black lace bra and panty set I got you for your birthday! I love you!' *hangs up*

(I am very confused, seeing as I have never dated that manager, nor did she ever get me underwear, and as far as I know, she is not gay. Fast forward a few days later to the manager weekly conference call: apparently, the customer left the other store after thinking the other manager was also gay. That manager then called every other store in the area and told everyone about the customer. Over the next few days, the customer went to every store in a 20 mile radius trying to exchange the 'tainted goods'. Everyone she talked to pretended to be gay when working with her and she left every time. To my knowledge, she never got her exchange.)''

There's no space in our world for hate and discrimination based on anything - and this customer received a sharp lesson!

Share this manager's amazing reaction with your friends today and support a world free of discrimination.
10463869_757981114246858_1997392557370885610_n.png

Last edited:
To that one guest who, before we opened this morning, hung her butt out her car and took a dump in our parking lot: Seriously? There are a billion open businesses around here, but instead you use our parking lot as your toilet? Stay classy.

TTOG: Sorry that we were out of Duraflame logs and won't be getting anymore in since BTS is setting in a few weeks.

"But, it's *JUNE*!" you gasped, flabbergasted that a retail store would stop selling a thing to make room for other things.

Sorry that I don't control that, either. You poor thing, how will you go on?

To all my guests today: I realize putting those folding chairs, tables, towels, doormats, blankets, side tables, bungee chairs and gods knows what else back onto the shelf less than a foot away is SO HARD. Because of course you'd bring in 5 of your closest friends, spread the bean bag chairs out and have a little meeting then walk away without picking up after yourself. Of course. Let's not talk about the 6+ spills we had today....and we were only told about one. The rest were little sticky presents. All over.

I hate you all. So much.

We're all so tired of it I've even seen TLs and ETLs just sigh and pretend not to see whatever stupid thing the guests have left on the floor this time if it's not too bad. I'm one of the only TMs I see still picking the stuff up. To be honest, I don't blame my coworkers. I'm 5 bungee chairs away from putting up signs saying "We are not your mother. PUT IT BACK."

(Sorry. Rant over. This one has been building since Christmas.)

To that guest who spilled something/saw a spill and put down some absorbent powder and a cone then told me: Thanks! You're awesome!!

To that guest who was kept waiting longer than he should've: Once again I'm sorry. I was glad to so the extra mile for you and was happy to see you leave satisfied.

To all my guests today: I realize putting those folding chairs, tables, towels, doormats, blankets, side tables, bungee chairs and gods knows what else back onto the shelf less than a foot away is SO HARD. Because of course you'd bring in 5 of your closest friends, spread the bean bag chairs out and have a little meeting then walk away without picking up after yourself. Of course. Let's not talk about the 6+ spills we had today....and we were only told about one. The rest were little sticky presents. All over.

I hate you all. So much.

We're all so tired of it I've even seen TLs and ETLs just sigh and pretend not to see whatever stupid thing the guests have left on the floor this time if it's not too bad. I'm one of the only TMs I see still picking the stuff up. To be honest, I don't blame my coworkers. I'm 5 bungee chairs away from putting up signs saying "We are not your mother. PUT IT BACK."

OMG! You work at my store!

I love the people who ask if is safe to swipe their credit card. I am thinking to myself "if you are that scared to use your credit card here than DONT swipe it... use cash!"

To the guest in cosmetics who tried on the lip gloss right in front of me.. I'm glad you apologized after I snatched the ripped open tube you tried putting back on the shelf and said "sorry this has to be defected now".. seriously.. its freakin sealed and you do not own it yet. What makes you think you can open it and test it? ..on your own lips at that? Nobody wants anything that touched your lips..

You open it, you use it, you buy it. What if a guest pops open a can of tuna then decides it's too salty or hand lotion to see if they like the scent. I realize in the overall scheme of things this is not a lot of money for spot. BUT it is wrong and god help a guest if I catch them, coaching be damned!

TTOG: no, we WON'T "stay open so you can come pick up your birth control". It's been sitting in the bin for close to a week. It's not our fault you waited until 5:55 on Sunday evening to call and see what time we close & "need to start taking it tonight".

I hate you all. So much.

I've 5 bungee chairs away from getting black twist ties and tying each and every one of them SHUT.

I've 5 bungee chairs away from getting black twist ties and tying each and every one of them SHUT.

I'm tempted to put bike locks on them and hide the keys/combinations. Can't stand the damn things.

IT IS SO NICE TO KNOW THAT SOMEONE HATES THEM AS MUCH AS I DO.

I don't know why the guests in my store for WHATEVER GODDAMN REASON seem to think that "oh there is a blue one open on the floor and a pink one open on the floor I'M GOING TO OPEN ANOTHER ONE YES LET'S DO THAT"

I have an irrational hatred of bungee chairs. I literally wish I could beat the person who invented them to death and find the person who thought selling them was a good idea and beat them too.

On the rare occasion I happen to be walking with the LOD somewhere and we pass by the bungee chairs and they tell me to put them back on the shelf, I will outright refuse unless we are within 30 minutes of closing because I know SOMEONE will open them.

On the rare occasion I happen to be walking with the LOD somewhere and we pass by the bungee chairs and they tell me to put them back on the shelf, I will outright refuse unless we are within 30 minutes of closing because I know SOMEONE will open them.

I actually had a TL talk me out of putting them back for that reason.

FIRST TL WITH AN ACTUAL AMOUNT OF SENSE.

I hate you all. So much.

I'll go one better & zip-tie it shut with a guest still sitting in it.
Let's see how they get about then.

I hate you all. So much.

I'll go one better & zip-tie it shut with a guest still sitting in it.
Let's see how they get about then.
Ok, if you do ever do that, I want video!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back