To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
The other night, I put a guest call on hold so I could check my mydevice for the item he was looking for.
*older woman walks up to the fitting room counter while I'm looking on the mydevice, and I look up, asking how I can help her.*
Guest: "where can I find (I forget)?"
Me: "It's kind of in an out-of-the-way spot. If you'd mind a waiting a sec, I'll show you." *Finds what the guest was looking for on the mydevice and picks up the phone to tell him it is in stock. Guest thanks me and hangs up, then I told guest standing next to me to follow me*
Guest: *laughs* "I thought you were making me wait for you to finish your text message."
Me: *smiles* "Ma'am, I wouldn't make you wait if I wasn't helping another guest on the phone."

First of all, does a mydevice look anything like a cell phone? I don't think so. Second of all, the last thing I would've needed was for this guest to complain to the LOD that night, who happens to be our strictest, most no-nonsense ETL.

First of all, does a mydevice look anything like a cell phone? I don't think so. Second of all, the last thing I would've needed was for this guest to complain to the LOD that night, who happens to be our strictest, most no-nonsense ETL.

I can see it. I could see how a guest who doesn't go to Target much would mistake the myDevices for a cell phone with a big ass battery case on it.

I've had several guest interpret it as a cell phone. One guy was like "damn you have some protection on your phone" and then I shined the laser and he was like "oh" then another was talking about my holster how I have my walkie, box cutter and countless highlighters, pens, and markers and a place for my "phone". It's small it fits in your hand, holds like a phone, honestly I can see it. The LPDAs were hella thick and the PDA looks like a gun, so...

TToG: No, I'm not racist for refusing to sell you the clearance Bose headphones. You were trying to conceal when you thought your hubby and kids weren't looking and it was a dead giveaway when you had me hold on to the spider-wrapped headphones because you were "concerned it'll go off" as you did the rest of your Target run. Sorry, you may not think I worked electronics before, but I have. It's taught me how to spot shady shit from a mile away.

TTOG: No, I don't just "happen to have an extra pea coat lying around the backroom." You told me you just checked out the clearance racks and didn't see any and you saw me re-shoping swimsuits. Therefore, I think its safe to assume we're out of coats. Why would we be hiding any in the back?

Did you refuse to sell it to her, or refuse to allow her to walk around the store with it?
Refused to let her walk around the store with it because it's typically locked merchandise when it's not clearance. I told her we'd make sure nobody bought it in the meantime while she finished her normal shopping by keeping it handy at the boat.

TTOG: I have alerted AP about you and your wife. Today, I watched you walk over from front lanes after you rang up several transactions and you tried to return the items worth less than $5 each one at a time that you bought on a gift card. I know you're trying to get the cash from the GC, but that's not happening. I processed your returns as one return and put it all back on the GC.

Just a little background - this guy and his wife are serial returners who always ask for the return to be put on a gift card and never have a receipt. They've been told by AP to bring in a receipt for any further returns.

To that one guest- The caroline's cart is for people that are disabled not putting your child in it and your pile of clothes or people who ride them thinking they are being funny.......... We got them a month ago and no one uses the cart for it's intended purpose which irks me even more and no one even says anything!

TTOG the other day: I'm sorry I crushed your bunch of bananas with my non-dominant left hand.

To any one, guest or TM, who likes to munch while checking out:

Misophonia is a rare disorder that can cause the sufferer to experience significant and quick bouts of anger followed by embarrassment over a situation as simple as the sound of someone chewing food. If you ever listened to Dane Cook's stand up routines when we didn't know better, he described it as "the sound that makes me want to punch infants". Now, I don't want to punch an infant, but you get the point. Something like chewing food shouldn't upset me, but it does. I crushed a bunch of bananas with my left hand, and I'm right hand dominant. I struggle to lift weights. I am completely out of shape. I'm telling you this because the human body is capable of great things under stress.

So, I'm going to ask this nicely.

CHEW WITH YOUR F**KING MOUTH SHUT

To that one guest- The caroline's cart is for people that are disabled not putting your child in it and your pile of clothes or people who ride them thinking they are being funny.......... We got them a month ago and no one uses the cart for it's intended purpose which irks me even more and no one even says anything!
Someone on here said they leave the wheels locked and only unlock it for those guests who need it.

TTOG,

The conveyor belt on the registers moves.
It is not a good idea to throw your cash on it- it may slip through the crack at the end. I have two perfectly good hands you could place it into instead.
It is also not a good idea to place your nearly full drink on a surface that starts and stops suddenly. There is a perfectly stable surface you can place it onto instead.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back