To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
TTOG: No, our Starbucks doesn't carry gluten-free breakfast sandwiches.
No, most of our pastries aren't gluten-free either but some of our snacks are.
Yes, the standalone Starbucks DO carry gluten-free options but we're only a franchise.
Yes, more & more places are increasing their gluten-free options but I do NOT have ANY influence to compel SB corp to start offering gluten-free options at franchises.
I suggested that YOU, the guest would make a greater impact by contacting them with your request but you just blew me off which convinces me that you merely wanted to vent your spleen by showing what a special little snowflake you are.
Now make like a flake & blow the #@$%! OFF.

I have clients with celiac disease and a friend whose daughter has it.
I can tell you, the people giving you shit about not carrying gluten-free options are not the ones who will get seriously ill if they eat gluten.
They are used to dealing with the problems of having a special diet and usually just deal.
So fuck the people who have turned it into a trendy diet fad.

I am just amazed over all the packaging that screams "Gluten free" as if they processed it in a special way when it's something like gelatin or fruit based or another non-grain food item. Um, redundant much? How much extra money are you paying for the ink that printed "Gluten free" rather than using common sense about what gluten is?

(I am also amazed over how gluten seems to be the cause of everything, and avoiding it is the cure for everything. Just over 20 years ago GF and GFCF diets were claiming to cure autism in children. I've heard that celiac disease is real, but it seems that the number of people who swear they have pictures of inflammation in their intestines from gluten that doctors found when scoping them and feel so much better without gluten is so high of a percentage of the population that we're basically in an epidemic. We really are a population of precious snowflakes now. 50 years ago, no one had damaging inflammation, no one reacted to peanuts, no one was perpetually sick on a regular basis from good, quality, bacteria free food. Just overnight all these food problems blossomed into existence. Edit: Even I was diagnosed with a wheat allergy when some doctor decided I needed the skin prick method of allergy testing that included looking for food allergies, and I stupidly believed it and tried to go wheat free, only to find there was no difference in my health.)

But back on topic, redeye58, offer them anything that doesn't contain wheat, rye or oats and hype up that it was specially processed to strip the gluten out for their dining pleasure. Then laugh privately at their idiocy when they believe Starbucks removed the gluten from those wheat-free, rye-free and oat-free foods.

Last edited:
Yes, the standalone Starbucks DO carry gluten-free options but we're only a franchise.
Yes, more & more places are increasing their gluten-free options but I do NOT have ANY influence to compel SB corp to start offering gluten-free options at franchises.
I suggested that YOU, the guest would make a greater impact by contacting them with your request but you just blew me off which convinces me that you merely wanted to vent your spleen by showing what a special little snowflake you are.
Preach girl. I work a side hustle as a waiter at an Italian place. Think they're bad at an, they're about 10 times worse. My walk in is full of Kardashian wannabes.

I was closing cart attendant tonight and I was trying to situate a row of carts alongside the main 4 rows of carts I had in already. This older lady walks in with a 12 year old girl and she just HAD to grab from the row I was trying to fix and situate and organize. Of course, I'm sitting here moving it around, man handling it because cart rows don't like to move very well on the carpet at the entrance of my store, and so I'm sitting here holding onto this cart, using it to guide my row, while the cashier at SCO was talking to me and I was talking to him, and the lady just HAD to continue trying to grab from the row I was clearly working out. I turned around and she's giving me that extremely annoyed look. I say "oh im sorry" and she just looks at me, gives me that look and says nothing as she walks away with a cart from the row I was working on. Pretty sure she muttered "jesus christ" as she walks away.

I turn back around to my coworker/friend, mouth wide open, I'm hysterical, I'm laughing. What the FUCK was she doing? I had 7 rows total, she had 6 others she was free to grab from, but no, it had to be the one closest to the door, which, mind you, was the one I'm trying to organize and get situated into it's spot. This all happened in a span of maybe 15-20 seconds. I just have no idea. Anyone else would of just went around to another row and I would of noticed and said "Oh, I'm sorry, excuse me! My bad." and they would of went "oh no it's okay hahahAHAHHhaha!!!' and I'd wish them a goodnight.

I'm not really upset or annoyed, it's actually kind of funny. I had a really good night otherwise, pretty care free shift, just doing carts rather than taking down two entire BTS shipping containers and having to flex it all before the end of my shift. (yeah that never happened, I had 8 carts full to the brim)

...the lady just HAD to continue trying to grab from the row I was clearly working out.
This must be the same type of guest who just absolutely NEEDS to walk down the completely empty valley I'm working in. Three carts full of fixtures. Fellow POG TM and I bullsh!tting away as we measure shelves and install pegs. Oh, let me just go down this one useless aisle with nothing in it I can buy.

This must be the same type of guest who just absolutely NEEDS to walk down the completely empty valley I'm working in. Three carts full of fixtures. Fellow POG TM and I bullsh!tting away as we measure shelves and install pegs. Oh, let me just go down this one useless aisle with nothing in it I can buy.

Lol yeah my old store I would love when I would push a tub down the aisle to our backroom and we had the signs that say "we love shopping too, that's why we are filling this aisle."

Guest would sometimes get in my way then pretend to look at the fixtures. You look stupid get out of the way

Last edited:

Our Target Licensed Starbucks used to carry the GF sandwiches, until we threw them all out on a daily basis. Sold exactly ZERO from the 3-4 cases we had. A shameful waste of money and food.

Considering you're west coast, that surprises me greatly unless they were so bad as to be unpalatable.
What sells a lot down here is the turkey bacon egg white sandwich which I didn't care for at all.

Considering you're west coast, that surprises me greatly unless they were so bad as to be unpalatable.

Depends on where on the West Coast. Born and raised there, there are places that make the Bible Belt look liberal. Remember the occupation of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge and the occupiers' acquittal took place on the West Coast. (How the heck can you illegally occupy a building, take selfies holding the guns used to take over, and even get pulled over in a stolen vehicle with a gun, and get acquitted?)

What sells a lot down here is the turkey bacon egg white sandwich which I didn't care for at all.

There is just sooooo much wrong in the name of that sandwich. "Turkey" and "bacon" should never be side by side in a sentence. And egg whites without the egg yolks are good only in lemon meringue pie.

Even though we get labeled the left coast. The conservatives here who are the minority get triggered pretty easily. We have quite our share of neo Nazi and hate groups. They just do their bidding online. I would much rather know someone is racist than pretend to be tolerant to my face.

Last edited:
I guess I always considered the west coast more of a health food/healthy lifestyle area than my blue patch in the middle of Texas, where bacon is its own food group ;)
Agree about the eggs, Jenna; gotta have yolks!!

Ttog-

I know you saw and heard me say hello yet you ignored me even when I said "Hello Im talking to you" I was waiting for you to yell at me or want to talk to a manager but nothing. If you want to be left alone just say Im good or a head nod works.

TTOG: You thought you were so clever naming a few ingredients, hoping I wouldn't figure out & charge you for the actual drink.
Unfortunately for you I'm a Grand Master level 6 in 'Name That Drink' so yeh, you're paying the proper price.
Thanks for playing & better luck next time.

TTOG: You thought you were so clever naming a few ingredients, hoping I wouldn't figure out & charge you for the actual drink.
Unfortunately for you I'm a Grand Master level 6 in 'Name That Drink' so yeh, you're paying the proper price.
Thanks for playing & better luck next time.
What drink is more than it's ingredients combined?

Several, actually & often it's only .20 to .40 difference. Sometimes more.
Usually they're posted in Starbucks 'hacks' list as a way to knock a bit off the price.
Sometimes they have a barista buddy who's told them how to order something a certain way, like ordering espresso shots over ice then going over to the condiment bar to fill it up with cream.
Sure, it's cheaper than ordering an iced latte but annoying as hell when the cream pitcher is emptied during morning rush.
In the long run it affects our sales, our hour allocation & increases our supply costs.

TTOG. The phone was off the receiver because I was on a phone call with some pissy asshole looking for clearance furniture we haven't had in weeks. You just had to hang up the phone to use the call button when I was right behind you. And by the way if you want a stupid answer to a stupid question with a smile, then you mig it want to drop that Shitty attitude of yours. #So fucking glad my weekend is over.

TTOG. The phone was off the receiver because I was on a phone call with some pissy asshole looking for clearance furniture we haven't had in weeks. You just had to hang up the phone to use the call button when I was right behind you. And by the way if you want a stupid answer to a stupid question with a smile, then you mig it want to drop that Shitty attitude of yours. #So fucking glad my weekend is over.
I always put the phones up in the spill station when I need to go look for something.

I always put the phones up in the spill station when I need to go look for something.
Never thought to do that. I have had guest think they are being helpful when they hang the phone up on me. Should let them talk to the guest on the phone when they ring back with an attitude.

TTOG:

Let me just recap our convo:

You: I wanna return this coffee maker, it doesn't make enough coffee.
Me: Yeah, I see it's a 5 cup model from the box. That wouldn't be a whole lot. Well, if you have your receipt I can get you a refund.
You: I don't have it but it's on this *hands me red card statement* and I want to pay the $$ on there.
Me: Okay, that's your credit card statement, we can do that later, but to get your return started I'll need a receipt or the card you used to purchase the item.

You: I don't have the receipt, I want to return it using this *pushes statement at me again*
Me: (starting to get involuntary PMS) Okay, if you don't have the receipt, we can use the card to look up the item. Just insert your red card into the slot.
You: I didn't use these cards *throws two red cards at me*
Me: Well, you have a statement so you used a red card at one point so ...
You: I think I wrote a check.
Me: Okay, if you tear out a check I can use it to look up the purchase and start the refund process.
You: *tears out check* "I'm sure I used this to pay it *shoves statement at me AGAIN* "Look, it says 1003 on it.
Me: That must be the check number you used. (not dreaming it was purchased in the future or last year)
Me: Hm, sorry, you must not have used this checking account since it's not finding the coffee maker. When did you purchase it?
You: I don't know, not long ago. Can you tell me if these cards work? I want to put this one on that one.
Me: (what the fuck does she even mean?) Maam, you can call the number on the back of the card to find out if they're still active, your balance, anything.
You: *starts going through 5 inch thick check register looking for purchase*
Me: Maam, without a method of purchase or receipt I can start your return with your ID and issue a gift card.
You: *hands me the two red cards*
Me: No, your ID, not your credit cards.
You: ID? oh, *hands me goddamned statement AGAIN*
Me: Maam, your identification, like license, passport, anything issued by a governing body that IDENTIFIES you.
You: *looks confused as fuck*
Me: Take. Your. License. Out. Of. Your. Wallet. And. Hand. It. To. Me.
You: ...
Me: *scans ID, scans product, tells guest the return is $16 (or whatever tf it was)
You: Well it cost a lot more so that's not right.
Me: Well, if we had your receipt then we'd be able to see the purchase price but without that, this is the most recent price it was and this is all the register will allow me to return. I can issue a Merchant Card.
You: I guess that's what I have to take then.
Me: Here ya go, now please get out.
You: *stroking out* *shoves goddamned fucking statement back at me*
Me: *actually looks at the damn thing* Maam, this statement is dated 2/2/17. Did you buy this coffee maker in FEBRUARY?????
You: Oh, maybe I did.
Me: *strokes out* MAAM, our return policy is 90 days, 120 days if you purchased with your Target Red Card. I should not have even taken this back from you!!!
You: Well, can you put this card on this one then give me back what I paid?
Me: NO. You should not have even been able to return this item. We can't take back year old items so you lucked out that you were able to even get $16 out of us. Hope you find the coffee maker you want, have a nice day.
You: *moves to where I sort reshop, empties purse, talks to self*
Me: *shoots self in head*

The end.

TTOG:

Let me just recap our convo:

You: I wanna return this coffee maker, it doesn't make enough coffee.
Me: Yeah, I see it's a 5 cup model from the box. That wouldn't be a whole lot. Well, if you have your receipt I can get you a refund.
You: I don't have it but it's on this *hands me red card statement* and I want to pay the $$ on there.
Me: Okay, that's your credit card statement, we can do that later, but to get your return started I'll need a receipt or the card you used to purchase the item.

You: I don't have the receipt, I want to return it using this *pushes statement at me again*
Me: (starting to get involuntary PMS) Okay, if you don't have the receipt, we can use the card to look up the item. Just insert your red card into the slot.
You: I didn't use these cards *throws two red cards at me*
Me: Well, you have a statement so you used a red card at one point so ...
You: I think I wrote a check.
Me: Okay, if you tear out a check I can use it to look up the purchase and start the refund process.
You: *tears out check* "I'm sure I used this to pay it *shoves statement at me AGAIN* "Look, it says 1003 on it.
Me: That must be the check number you used. (not dreaming it was purchased in the future or last year)
Me: Hm, sorry, you must not have used this checking account since it's not finding the coffee maker. When did you purchase it?
You: I don't know, not long ago. Can you tell me if these cards work? I want to put this one on that one.
Me: (what the fuck does she even mean?) Maam, you can call the number on the back of the card to find out if they're still active, your balance, anything.
You: *starts going through 5 inch thick check register looking for purchase*
Me: Maam, without a method of purchase or receipt I can start your return with your ID and issue a gift card.
You: *hands me the two red cards*
Me: No, your ID, not your credit cards.
You: ID? oh, *hands me goddamned statement AGAIN*
Me: Maam, your identification, like license, passport, anything issued by a governing body that IDENTIFIES you.
You: *looks confused as fuck*
Me: Take. Your. License. Out. Of. Your. Wallet. And. Hand. It. To. Me.
You: ...
Me: *scans ID, scans product, tells guest the return is $16 (or whatever tf it was)
You: Well it cost a lot more so that's not right.
Me: Well, if we had your receipt then we'd be able to see the purchase price but without that, this is the most recent price it was and this is all the register will allow me to return. I can issue a Merchant Card.
You: I guess that's what I have to take then.
Me: Here ya go, now please get out.
You: *stroking out* *shoves goddamned fucking statement back at me*
Me: *actually looks at the damn thing* Maam, this statement is dated 2/2/17. Did you buy this coffee maker in FEBRUARY?????
You: Oh, maybe I did.
Me: *strokes out* MAAM, our return policy is 90 days, 120 days if you purchased with your Target Red Card. I should not have even taken this back from you!!!
You: Well, can you put this card on this one then give me back what I paid?
Me: NO. You should not have even been able to return this item. We can't take back year old items so you lucked out that you were able to even get $16 out of us. Hope you find the coffee maker you want, have a nice day.
You: *moves to where I sort reshop, empties purse, talks to self*
Me: *shoots self in head*

The end.

You sound like you could use a drink.. here's one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back