To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
TTOG: You were looking for work pants for your daughter. We were standing next to an A New Day display, so I showed you one of their styles first (they start at size 2 for those who don't know). Guest says my daughter's 18! Dont they come smaller? I told you they don't and then showed you a Mossimo Supply style that starts at 00. But just because your daughter is 18 means she's a 0 or 00? Umm even a lot of my skinny friends weren't a 00 at 18. Calm down.
I haven’t been a size 0 since middle school lmao wtf

To that one "guest"... can I even call them that anymore?

SsDStmR.jpg
q2tLr2I.png

TTOG: You were looking for work pants for your daughter. We were standing next to an A New Day display, so I showed you one of their styles first (they start at size 2 for those who don't know). Guest says my daughter's 18! Dont they come smaller? I told you they don't and then showed you a Mossimo Supply style that starts at 00. But just because your daughter is 18 means she's a 0 or 00? Umm even a lot of my skinny friends weren't a 00 at 18. Calm down.
I was a 00 until age 23, when I got pregnant with my oldest child. Age does not = size though. Most people aren’t a 0 or 00 at age 18!

TTOG: Your toddler gave me life today.

I gave her the first stickers you'd ever allowed her to have, and the faces she made were priceless (bonus points to her for not even trying to eat them). The whole situation completely blew her little mind. Thank you, I seriously needed that this week!

I love it when I do that. But one time I'm pretty sure I gave the kid a phobia of stickers, she touched it and couldn't figure out why it was sticking to her and she started to bawl.

Even funnier? I had a friend in highschool with a LEGITIMATE fear of Stickers, not even joking. The most bizarre thing, and he's also allergic to any fruit because he has some weird disease, it's not an allergy, just he literally cannot eat fruit. He started to work at Subway, and at Subway you have to prep food obviously, but you have to label the bin you put the lettuce/tomatoes in(whatever it may be) with a very sticky sticker. He must of had hell working at Subway.

TTOG: No, I can't accept coupons that are a month old. You say you got them in the mail 2 days ago, but the likely scenario is that you've had them and never used them.

Go ahead, call corporate if it makes you feel better, but I doubt that will change anything.

A guest today had a whole strip of coupons that expired 4 days ago. She asked if she could use them even though they were expired. I said no, we can’t take expired coupons. She literally started whining. “But I’ve had them for SIX MONTHS and I kept forgetting to use them and now I finally remember and you’re telling me you can’t take them? Please? Pretty please?” I called over my GSTL thinking that if a manager tells her, it will hold more weight.
GSTL: oh they only expired a couple days ago? Yeah you can totally use them!
Me: o_O
So TTOG, im so glad we could reward you for your idiocy and tantrum.

@Leo Anything a week or less is doable. In the case of my above guest, she saw that they expired a month ago. I told her I could try, but I pretty much knew the US say expired. I was right and she went off lol.

"Oh my god, are you kidding me? I am so mad, I'm so fucking pissed right now , oh my god."

It was actually kind of hilarious.

TTOG : you were on the phone and asked for the baby department. I had the pleasure to pick that phone up ...
You told me that you made a baby registry and that some items
Were purchased , and you wanted to know when and where you could pick them up ...
my only thought was : you were allowed to breed ?

TTOG: You placed your order & I was about to scan your Starbucks app when you took a call.
You proceeded to take the call, asking questions as I stood waiting there with my scanner in hand.
THEN you started to walk down to the hand-off while I called to you SEVERAL TIMES because you hadn't paid.
It took my barista refusing to hand you your drink before you had to walk BACK to my register & put your caller on hold so I could scan your app.
Guests behind you were NOT sympathetic because you held up the morning rush.
Inconsiderate clod.

To that one "guest"... can I even call them that anymore?

SsDStmR.jpg
q2tLr2I.png

My halloween section routinely looks like this. So fucking stupid, you spend an hour or two zoning it, just for people to ruin it later that night. Commonly I'll be there at night off the clock and I'll see all of our plastic skeletons on the floor, or costumes and masks all over.

TTOG: You placed your order & I was about to scan your Starbucks app when you took a call.
You proceeded to take the call, asking questions as I stood waiting there with my scanner in hand.
THEN you started to walk down to the hand-off while I called to you SEVERAL TIMES because you hadn't paid.
It took my barista refusing to hand you your drink before you had to walk BACK to my register & put your caller on hold so I could scan your app.
Guests behind you were NOT sympathetic because you held up the morning rush.
Inconsiderate clod.

Had a guest a few weeks ago just walk out of SCO with her items without paying because she got a phone call. Fucking hell, at least she came back. Even worse? Some other lady walked up to SCO, saw the unfinished transaction, and like a brainless zombie just paid for it, claiming she thought it was already HER transaction, despite not scanning her Ibuprofen. What a headache.

I just believe if a coupon is expired then you shouldn’t be able to use it. You ran out of time. Not my problem lol I don’t care if it expired yesterday, it’s still your fault for not using it
Oh, I don't disagree at all. It's stupid, honestly. But guests before best practice! :rolleyes:

Lady you have been here literally since the store opened how the fuck can you not remember the login for Store Applications

TTOG:

Repeating a description of the item you’re looking for after I say “we have nothing like that” multiple times isn’t going to make it appear out of thin air, and it isn’t going to change my answer.

Unless you’re looking for Beetlejuice, then you’re in luck.
People do that in pharmacy all the fricking time! What’s even better is they don’t know the name of it, just what it’s supposed to do for them. :rolleyes: Sorry, I don’t watch Dr Oz (or whatever show you saw it on,) so I have no clue what you’re looking for!

People do that in pharmacy all the fricking time! What’s even better is they don’t know the name of it, just what it’s supposed to do for them. :rolleyes: Sorry, I don’t watch Dr Oz (or whatever show you saw it on,) so I have no clue what you’re looking for!

In the book business we call it the "I'm looking for the book on TV." Syndrome.
Very common and hard to get rid of.
The only things worse are the "I'm looking for the new book, the blue one." Fever and the "My children's reading lists are due next week, do you have the Cliffs Notes for these 15 books?" Flu.

TTOG: You were looking for a 15" laptop, so I showed one to you. Then you proceeded to argue with me about how it wasn't a 15" laptop.... in front of you is the bloody label! Right there! In plain freaking sight it says 15.6" You saying that it LOOKS like a 10" just says that you need another optometrist appointment old man.

To that one elderly guest: I don't care what "the lady" told you. I'm working self checkout, and there's barely any lines on the regular checklanes. I am NOT hopping on a register for your lazy ass. You legitimately stood around whining about it for longer than it took the regular checklanes to clear their lines, despite your cries of "I can't stand that long".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back