To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
TTOG: Why does it matter to you that you *need* to have a DVD player with a light on it indicating whether it's on or not? And did you really have to throw a hissy fit about not buying it if you don't know? Holy crap, no I can't open up the box for you if it's sealed. No, I don't know if this specific model has the light or not, because I'm hella damn sure every box has their own method of indicating it. No I don't know if I can just return it the second you open it and it doesn't have a light but I'm gonna do it anyways if it means you'll get out of my hair sooner... I'm sorry that you bought an only DVD player when you said absolutely nothing before about wanting to play Blu-rays. No, I don't know why I would just know that you needed one that can play Blu-rays because you can't seem to understand whether the box says it's a DVD or Blu-ray. Sure I'll return it and let you look for a Blu-ray/DVD player on your own.

Thank god the one she chose after had that goddamned light. Please do yourself a favor and educate yourself on how to tell if it's on without needing that dumb light.

TTOG after: Thanks for being understanding of the needless pain I went through and agreeing to help take up as much time as possible to avoid having to help that old hag again...

Similar to not being able to read, a long time ago a guest asked just about every employee in the store where some wooden wheelbarrow/planter was that she saw in the ad. Most of us didn't know what she was talking about, and a few others told her that they had seen it in the K-Mart ad. No! She insisted it was the Target ad, and from talking to other team members apparently she called each one of us liars. There was a newspaper in the break room with all the ads in it, and sure enough, there it was in the middle of the K-Mart ad.
Way back in the early 90's I worked at a Family Dollar. At least once a week we'd have a customer come in and start complaining that we didn't have anything that was supposed to be on sale. Our manager would look at the ad they were holding and it was always a Dollar General ad.

TTOG: Thanks for leaving that review about me on yelp. It always feels good to leave a guest with a positive experience while shopping and I'm glad to know that what I'm doing helped at least brighten one guest's day, especially during this "fun" holiday season

TTOG - I don’t normally offer stickers to adults so it didn’t occur to me to ask if you’d like one. As you and your caregiver were walking away from SCO you heard me ask a child if they wanted a sticker and you turned back and asked for one also. Your smile made my day. I’ll try and remember to offer you a sticker the next time you are shopping. #everyonelovesstickers

we don't hold items

Guest: "I can't make it in until tomorrow night, can you hold an item for me up at your service desk?"
me: "I'm sorry, but we're unable to hold items."
Guest: "Why?"
me: "Because we're unable to hold items."
Lmao I have this exact conversation like 5 times a day. “We can’t hold anything past close” “but I want to pay for it” “we cant and dont hold anything past close” lol

Lmao I have this exact conversation like 5 times a day. “We can’t hold anything past close” “but I want to pay for it” “we cant and dont hold anything past close” lol
And no, I can’t take your credit card info over the phone to “hold it for you.” Why? Because we don’t take card numbers over the phone due to the possibility that it’s not actually your card. I highly doubt the “store in *next town over* does it all the time because it’s company policy NOT to, and if they do, have THEM do it because we DON’T!”

TTOG: no, MY manager really won’t care that you’re not going to buy the product you put back in the shelf because I wouldn’t ring you out at pharmacy because MY manager is a CVS employee. In fact, HE’S the one who told me NOT to ring out store items if people aren’t picking up prescriptions! And your $1.99 purchase really won’t hurt Target’s bottom line, either.

TTOG: No, we can’t give you the cartwheel deal that expired two days ago. And no, i don’t care if the neighboring store does it. Also, don’t tell me to “stop liking my manager” and to “stop taking her side”. she took my side because we are doing our job and following company policy. jeeze.

Until close? We aren’t allowed to stuff at my store even if someone is 10 minutes away..

TTOG: You really pissed me off with that "I'm an accountant!" comment. I told you I didn't know what the market special was for drinks and I was trying to get clarification as to what the sale was and what items were involved so I could see what supposedly rang up wrong. When I finally got another team member that did know the sale, she kept telling you over and over and over it rang up correctly while pointing to the line item on the screen. Just because we work retail doesn't mean we're stupid and failed basic math. When you made that bitchy "I'm an accountant!" comment, oh heck yeah I was pulling out the calculator. I don't know about the other team member, but two years ago I was one of your nightmares. I was the one that prepared legal documents for real estate sales, notarized your clients' signatures which legally determines they are the actual signers, verified everything was signed correctly and therefore fully legal, ran the credit reports and pre-approved them before shipping the notes off to the banks, accepted and processed funds for the down payments, and in general did everything I could to facilitate a legal but foolish purchase so that when your clients tell you of their newest monthly payment affecting the accounts you are helping them with, you sit there and cry since it's 17% interest for the next 7 to 10 years and everything was done legally and you can't get them out of it. I have a brain, I'm simply taking a mental stress vacation, and it's not going to be long before your nightmares come back. Oh, and these dumb retail workers proved you can't get basic math problems correct. Congratulations on that accounting degree.

TTOG: There is a special place in heaven for you. You patiently waited until we could get that mess straightened out, and near the end when you figured out how Miss Accountant got it wrong before she did, you started a loud "private" conversation between the two of you talking smack about customers like Miss Accountant. I'd have hugged you both if I could have. Or bought you Starbucks.

Until close? We aren’t allowed to stuff at my store even if someone is 10 minutes away..

This is asants to the stls discretion now that targets company wide ban on holds ended on December 2nd.

My store is also end of day although our sister stores are 24 hours and no holds at all respectively

I wish we didn’t hold things, if you can’t afford it/don’t have the means to buy it then why are you shopping...

My store technically holds 24 hours but because no one dates the item when they put it on hold it’s usually longer.

I wish we didn’t hold things, if you can’t afford it/don’t have the means to buy it then why are you shopping...

I don't think we get a lot of hold requests from people already in the store. From what I can tell, hold requests from people in the store either forgot their wallet or need to make transportation arrangements for a large item. We do get a lot of hold requests from guests calling to see if an item is in stock.

My store doesn't hold anything, unless the guest bitches enough to the GSTL who will make an exception and hold it until we close.

24 hours at my store: take out some receipt paper, tape, and a pen; slap it on the item, put the guest name and time hold starts, place it in the back of GS on the hold shelf.

Most of our holds are for TLs and TMs, even outside of holiday. Right now, the only holds are TLs who seem to think they're above the store policy of no holds until the new year. We simply don't have the room. Our wall of bins was ripped out a few months ago and replaced with a line of shopping carts, which I think looks horrendously tacky and actually takes up more floor footprint for less than half the usable sorting space.

I haven't put holds for anyone in store; usually if I'm asking for a hold I'm asking it of another store because we don't have the item in stock or the customer has called us to verify we have it in stock (possibly after visiting other stores first) and putting it on hold while they come in.

That type of hold behavior seems reasonable, particularly this time of year when inventory is hit-or-miss and so much is being discontinued. It's not a high volume, really.

This time of year we do limit what we hold. You want a TV held for you, um no. But if you want baby formula or an As Seen On TV item or printer ink put aside, we'll do it.

TTOG:

You showed up for Item X because another Target told you we had one in stock.
You called my store, and "the girl" you talked to said we had Item W and argued that the other store said X.
So you trotted your merry ass on down to my store and proceeded to pitch a fit because we don't have Item X. You were so spiteful and miserable that you wanted the name of the girl you talked to so that you could "report" her.

Report her for WHAT??? Answering the phone, looking on her Zebra, and telling you what product we usually carry??? Report her for someone else buying up the last two Item W's that we had in stock? Maybe she should be fired because we don't carry Item X???

Fuck you, I hope Santa shits in your chimney.

TTOG:

I know you used to be aggravated as fuck at me for the first 6 months that I worked at Target because I always put your shit in plastic way faster than you got your reusable bags out, but over the years you've turned into a nice chatty lady and exchanging phone numbers finally is nice because yes, I do drink and would love for people to wait on me for a change so let's hit happy hour, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back