To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
TTOG today ... visually impaired older fellow. Walks up to me as I'm working a pog rev ... I know you're busy but would you mind helping me with something kinda quick? I have a bit of trouble with my eyesight and I think you're probably the one that moved the plastic bowls and such around. <smiles real big> Me: Yeah that would prolly be me ... you know ... just to keep you on your toes! <chucklez and corny stuff>

Helped the guy out with finding flatware, plastic dishes and drinkware. I looked at him for a moment as he was holding the black plastic salad plates. Would the white version be a better color for you ... you know ... visually? Yes, it would! <more smilez> They're a bit cheaper too. <corny jokes about paying extra for plastic dyes, etc> Helped him with a few kitchen gadgets then asked if he was outfitting a new kitchen or something.

He looks at me a little watery-eyed and tells me this is first time in 5 years he's been able to live on his own since his eyesight deteriorated and he's "just over the moon with excitement" - just got into an apartment a couple blocks away. We chatted about that a bit then I walked him to the service call buttons and demonstrated their use. Also showed him the service phones on the red poles "just pick it up and wait for an answer". Also suggested he stop by Guest Services on his way in and we would find someone to assist him if he ever needs it.

Showed him the trick to aligning the gray carts onto the cart escalator so he wouldn't have to fuss with it too much. <more thanx and smilez> Introduced himself to me and gave genuine thanks for the assistance. As he was leaving ... "go move everything else around just to p*ss us all off, now!" <smilez and chucklez and a wave>

Pretty cornball stuff but it's this type of guest that makes a craptastic/worst day of the month/everything going wrong all day/punting by the crappy ETL type of day end on a good note. It kinda washed it all away and left me with a smile. The guy's gone through h*ll but he's doing well ... and his good spirits is contagious.

This ^ is why I keep this part-time gig.

Thanks, fella. You made my day. Really.

(Virtual Huddle)

I'd like to recognize @WestLoggy for some truly amazing service! Not only did WestLoggy assist the Guest w/ their merchandise needs, they made the Guest feel comfortable and reassured by showing them the steps to ease their shopping experience. WestLoggy, I think your sensitivity toward your Guest was admirable..... you made a completely genuine connection. Your Guest will undoubtedly remember you and the way you made them feel safe, secure and welcomed. Kudos to you !

(Virtual Huddle)

I'd like to recognize @WestLoggy for some truly amazing service! Not only did WestLoggy assist the Guest w/ their merchandise needs, they made the Guest feel comfortable and reassured by showing them the steps to ease their shopping experience. WestLoggy, I think your sensitivity toward your Guest was admirable..... you made a completely genuine connection. Your Guest will undoubtedly remember you and the way you made them feel safe, secure and welcomed. Kudos to you !
Virtual Blush
:D

TTOG: No, I’m sorry, I can’t come help you find that item, I’m the only one on the pharmacy right now.....I’m sorry you’re “in a hurry,” but I can’t leave the pharmacy...It should be down that aisle, on the left side, about half way down....no, the other side....yes, right there....the bottom shelf....no, I don’t know if there are more in the back, you’ll have to ask a Target team member....no, I’m not a Target team member, I’m a CVS employee....no, I’m sorry, I can’t call someone over.....I’m sorry that box is all banged up, but you’ll have to find a target employee....yes, I realize you’re in a hurry, but I really can’t help you....sorry, I have to answer the phone....

Oh okay. I see how it is now. And I guess the Starbucks baristas can't come out from hiding and caffeine crafting mixology to personally show me where the spring mix salad is even though I could have plucked the very same thing from the dandelion stems in my backyard before I left my abode to come to Spot and the baristas are RIGHT THERE next to all the flippin' produce anyway. Okay. Ok? OKAY!

Tee hee ha ha. Hashtag first world problemos.

Oh okay. I see how it is now. And I guess the Starbucks baristas can't come out from hiding and caffeine crafting mixology to personally show me where the spring mix salad is even though I could have plucked the very same thing from the dandelion stems in my backyard before I left my abode to come to Spot and the baristas are RIGHT THERE next to all the flippin' produce anyway. Okay. Ok? OKAY!

I don’t know if the Starbucks baristas come out or not, but I can guarantee they’re not leaving over $1million of medication unattended if they do.

TTOG: Thank you for not thinking my job is insignificant.

I'm zoning my area and doing left over truck from the morning when I see a guest with 3 girls ranging from maybe 6 y/o to 1. They were shopping for a birthday present for their babysitter and the older little girl looks at her mom and says "mommy, when I grow up I want to work at target too!"
Mother: "That would make mommy so happy!"
Little girl to me: "you going to be seeing me a lot" and smiles big.

That interaction really made my day and actually made me enjoy my closing shift.

To those older guests telling me to go back to school. Sure! I'll go back to school, but you can pay for it since you're so concerned about my (a strangers) education.

TTOelderlyGentlemanG: wearing the "too fast and too furious" shirt and "Veteran" hat, motoring around the store on one of the electric carts, hitting on all the female staff. "You've got a girlfriend in every zip code and a rolling stone catches no moss! Ciao, Bella." You can come back and flirt with us any time. You are precious and you made our nights. :)

He was so funny. So flirty and charming and well spoken. Way, way too cute for his own good.

TTOGs: you two both came in alone, and you both made my life exponentially harder, but I can't remember how now. I think in an attempt to preserve my sanity my subconscious has started to dump negative experiences. One can only hope.

Anyway I hope you both spill coffee all over your desk today. Or something equally as day-ruining, but not life-changingly, bad. :cool::cool::cool:

Most of our baristas don't work any other work center, and have no idea how to use a MyDevice.
Go pick up the phone in that block and wait for Guest Service to pick up. There's someone in market that'll help you.

TTOG in SL Talking loudly into your phone: thank you for inadvertently telling me about your friend bachelorette party in which they hired a female stripper to teacher her some moves, but the strippers bikini looked like it was for a 7 year old.

I love the things I hear.

TTOG looking for feminine wash: I really don't care about helping you find it at all. We all get itchy down there. Womens hormones fluctuate INSANELY so I'm not judging. Just please don't call it women's wash, my first instinct is the body wash about 7-10 ailes away frome the vagisile. You're an adult, I'm an adult, you're a woman, I'm a woman, it's really okay I promise, I just finished helping one of our GSA's over here and I have zero care. I hope it soothed your vag itch though

TTOG: when I asked if you needed help and you responded "yes, but I don't remember what it's called" thank you for perfectly telling me what the product you're looking for DOES rather than trying to describe what it looked like. You're a hero. I hope the orajel helped with your cold sore.

TTOG: when I asked if you needed help and you responded "yes, but I don't remember what it's called" thank you for perfectly telling me what the product you're looking for DOES rather than trying to describe what it looked like. You're a hero. I hope the orajel helped with your cold sore.
“What are you looking for”
“Oh it’s that thing in the blue box”
“Ah yes sir let me lead you to our blue box section”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back