To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
the other day i was in the express lane & i had a guest tell me i'm going too fast....................... like i didn't even know how to respond back to him.

Next time you get a complaint that you're going too fast, scan very slowly and make sure they're aware of how pissed off the rest of the line will be because of their ignorance.

Don't even bother scanning, how about manually punching in each UPC? Give him your redcard spiel too.

next time i'm gonna tell him that i need a price check for every item.... lol with all barcodes clearly visible. he's gonna wish he never said that! :)

alotta guests tell me "you look like a cross between one of the Teen Moms and that Twilight broad" not sure if I should be flattered or offended.

to this chola lookin' guest. so you get $2000 worth of merchandise and when I ask to see your ID.. you hand me your ID but the card your using has someone else's name on it. Pretty sure the card you were using is some chinese dude. You're dumb for thinking that I wouldn't catch it. Welp TPS knows what you look like now so good luck tryin' to scam us again.

the guest that always ask can I use my discount to hook them up. I dont know you and they got cameras watching me on the register. Im not getting fored for some random person to save some money.

The person who buys the phone card and asks me to activate on their phone because they cant read or just dont want to do it.

The person who just brings their stuff to the register in electronics because they dont want to go up front.

The guest whose mad because the item is sold out and demands you check in the back for it.

The guest who calls electronics asking about a nate berkus rug two to three times every week, I answer the phone saying target electronics.

the guest that always ask can I use my discount to hook them up. I dont know you and they got cameras watching me on the register. Im not getting fored for some random person to save some money.
The person who buys the phone card and asks me to activate on their phone because they cant read or just dont want to do it.
The person who just brings their stuff to the register in electronics because they dont want to go up front.
The guest whose mad because the item is sold out and demands you check in the back for it.
The guest who calls electronics asking about a nate berkus rug two to three times every week, I answer the phone saying target electronics.

You can save 5% with spot red card...

You can save 5% with spot red card...

Plus, you can't use your own discount if you're signed in on the register....

To the guest who held up a package of Allegra and asked if they could "check out" at pharmacy, nice try....too bad your cart full of crap (including alcohol) was clearly in sight and I was able to stop you before you unloaded more than a couple items.

I had a guest the other day who wanted to exchange an open defective video game so we had her grab the new one and we opened it as policy dictates. She was not the happiest camper so the guest service TM called me to the desk. She proceeded to tell me that it wasn't our right to open the game because she purchased it and was giving it as a gift so it had to be unopened. I essentially said the same thing that the TM had already told her and she wouldn't have it. She wanted to speak to the LOD who again told her the same exact thing. At this point she was so angry that she was having trouble forming sentances and as she left she yelled "I hope your store is able to keep... exchanging stuff!" It was a little hard to hold back the laughter.

Quick recap. It was a gift. Does anyone here see anything suspicious with this return?

A few hours later she came back and of course wanted to speak to me again. As I got up there I saw that she was on the phone with guest relations (i.e Target India) trying to get them to tell me to return it. She came close but I had to tell the comment people what the policy was and they then told the guest that we would not return it. The guest service TM opened the GS reference guide while she was on the phone and found the sentance that says "The item MUST be opened before giving it to the guest." I showed her that and again said that this is what I have to follow. I now have a comment against me that is being escalated. Your not a GSTL until you have one!

Here is the answer to the recap. If she was giving it as a gift why was it open in the first place?

I had a guest the other day who wanted to exchange an open defective video game so we had her grab the new one and we opened it as policy dictates. She was not the happiest camper so the guest service TM called me to the desk. She proceeded to tell me that it wasn't our right to open the game because she purchased it and was giving it as a gift so it had to be unopened. I essentially said the same thing that the TM had already told her and she wouldn't have it. She wanted to speak to the LOD who again told her the same exact thing. At this point she was so angry that she was having trouble forming sentances and as she left she yelled "I hope your store is able to keep... exchanging stuff!" It was a little hard to hold back the laughter.

Quick recap. It was a gift. Does anyone here see anything suspicious with this return?

A few hours later she came back and of course wanted to speak to me again. As I got up there I saw that she was on the phone with guest relations (i.e Target India) trying to get them to tell me to return it. She came close but I had to tell the comment people what the policy was and they then told the guest that we would not return it. The guest service TM opened the GS reference guide while she was on the phone and found the sentance that says "The item MUST be opened before giving it to the guest." I showed her that and again said that this is what I have to follow. I now have a comment against me that is being escalated. Your not a GSTL until you have one!

Here is the answer to the recap. If she was giving it as a gift why was it open in the first place?

I am happy to hear you have Leaders in your store that don't fold over for every guest. This is one of the most disputed policies by guests at my store and plenty of them act as this guest did, LOVE IT!

I was not aware of this policy! I'll be sure to mention that to people asking about returning games, so they don't b**ch out my GS friends.

I had a guest bring in a DVD set that was 'missing' a disc so I offered to swap it out for another set. She got the other one & was ready to stick it in her bag until I grabbed it & began peeling off the wrap.
"What are you doing?"
"I'm opening it to make sure all the discs are in the set. After all, that IS the reason we're exchanging it."
She looked pretty downcast after that since I'd ruined her scheme.

To that guest who asked me "can you move so we can sit here?" (i was sitting in food ave, chowing down on some pasta & i was sitting at the table that had the electrical outlet) are you serious? how're you gonna ask me to move when i'm sitting there obviously enjoying my meal? you didn't even say 'please'..... if i wasn't wearing red i woulda said no without hesitation.

To that guest who asked me "can you move so we can sit here?" (i was sitting in food ave, chowing down on some pasta & i was sitting at the table that had the electrical outlet) are you serious? how're you gonna ask me to move when i'm sitting there obviously enjoying my meal? you didn't even say 'please'..... if i wasn't wearing red i woulda said no without hesitation.

You wanna sit in my lap?

Sounds like one of redeye58's "entitlement queens." Just when you think people couldn't get any ruder........

I would have told her "no" no matter what color my shirt was.

A question that I get quite often that for whatever reason gets me so heated is "Do you work here?"

No, I love wearing a red shirt and khaki pants (when the AC never works) with a nametag that says Target on it for the hell of it. I started just looking down at my nametag and then just reply "yes" to make them feel stupid.

I like to answer that question with "Sometimes" or "Not Usually". It makes them think for a second.

I love when they ask me a question when I'm on break, I take my nametag off and say "I'm sorry, I don't work here right now."
They all either look horrified or confused.

I'm hoping I just misunderstood her or this may of been one of the rudest things anyone has said to me. Doing the normal " can I help you find something" to the girl and while we're walking over to the aisle we're talking and tells me how she's getting ready to go on a study abroad program to Italy. Of course I say congrats because that does sound like fun and I wish my degree program(accounting) offered something like that. She then says " I should probably stop talking about this since you're stuck here". Hey **** me right for not having parents who are willing/capable to pay for my school? I hope the ***** chokes on her liberal arts degree....

to every single guest i talked to tonight. THANK YOU for being so understanding that we were so short staffed tonight. Not a single one of you yelled at me and in fact most of you thanked me for trying my best.

it was a rough night with FIVE cashier call ins, one hardlines, two softlines, and food ave. Probably one of the worst saturdays i've ever worked! but honestly, the guests were extremely nice when i explained what happened and one even offered to buy me starbucks to get through the night!

Only 6 items at allowed at pharmacy counter. No beer or wine sales are allowed... Good job, tgt.
Unfortunately, we don't have that "rule" at ours....if they ask, we HAVE to check them out :( Well, except for alcohol, that's saved me so many times, it's not even funny!!! I've checked out entire carts full before....no small feat when you're working with 1 set of bags and a handheld scanner on a counter that's (maybe) 2'x2'!!!

This is only on OPEN ones, right? I bought my son a game for Christmas and found out my MIL bought the same game so I took it back, UNOPENED (with the receipt) to exchange it. I picked another game and the GSA unwrapped it!!! She said "ANY game that is exchanged has to be opened so it can't be returned". I just ended up bringing back the one that my MIL bought (she bought it at a different Target) and exchanging it for something else.

To that one guest: I don't care how often you see your doctor, you are out of refills and I need his approval to refill your prescription. We can't just "take your word" that he'll approve it. And to the other guest, what the heck do you think a COPAY is? It means you pay part and the insurance pays the rest. It's not OUR fault you "assumed the message from (us) was telling (you) the prescription was ready to be picked up so (you) deleted it without listening to it" and you "don't have time to be running back and forth"....next time, listen to the message!!!

This is only on OPEN ones, right? I bought my son a game for Christmas and found out my MIL bought the same game so I took it back, UNOPENED (with the receipt) to exchange it. I picked another game and the GSA unwrapped it!!! She said "ANY game that is exchanged has to be opened so it can't be returned". I just ended up bringing back the one that my MIL bought (she bought it at a different Target) and exchanging it for something else.

Yes, that policy is only for opened games and you actually need to be exchanging it for the same thing. The only exception to that is of they buy a blue ray and need a regular or if they buy an Xbox game but needed a play station game then they can get the same title but different system.

No idea why that GSA told you that.

What's the reason behind that policy? I know we do that, but don't remember why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back