To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
To the rather immature (but creative) guests who did this last night, I have only one thing to say.... WHY!!!!

I tried to upload the picture but it for some reason wouldn't do it but someone took every single one of our black plungers off the shelf and actually suctioned them to the floor in the aisle.

To that one guest: You were a complete ass to me....as well as a moron. It's a simple concept...however you paid for the item, is how you get the money refunded to you. If you used your debit card as a credit, there is no option to get cash back. No, the cashier had nothing to do with running it as a credit...you (or your wife or whoever) chose that option. I don't care if you've filed bankruptcy...that has nothing to do with the credit/debit option on debit cards. And calling me stupid when you have no idea what you are talking about is even more obnoxious. I also don't care if you spent over $100 on your purchase...you still can't have the return portion back in cash. And suggesting we use a screwdriver to open the register to open it and give you cash? Umm no. I truly don't believe you've been in retail for 40 years...much less a day in your life. Otherwise you would have had some clue as to any of it.

Also, no, you cannot have my last name. You are welcome to call corporate...I gave you my first name and position in the store. Believe me, they'll find me if they want to. And why can't you have my last name? Because you freaking flipped out when I wouldn't give it to you! Like, seriously flipped out! That is why we don't give out our last names.

I can't believe the GSTL humored you and wasted his time calling the refund center to try and get you cash back. Needless to say, that was shot down. For the way you treated me, good...you deserved it.

Just know I know how to do my job much better than you do...and calling me an idiot and threatening me does little to help your case. You claim you aren't usually an ass...well, I didn't believe that one, either.

To that one guest....

Yes, I "double" charged you for that product. You bought two of them! I'm sorry it was a bad coincidence that the product right underneath it happened to be for the exact same price as the two of the product you were challenging me on. But on top of it, you still acted like it was my fault, and that I did something wrong simply because you can't read a receipt. But take a hint...next time you don't want to be charged for something, don't buy it.

To that one guest's daughter:

I'm sorry your mother was such a bitch. If she berates you elsewhere as bad as she railed on you in the checklane I'm surpised you've never tried to muder her in her sleep.

To the mother:

The checklane is not the place to sort out what you want to buy, ending up with a 1/3rd of a cart of reshop. And I don't care that you're moving or whatever. Nor do I care that your middle schooler is "selfish" and "ungrateful". Considering the embarassed looks she kept floating my way, I would venture to guess that she s a bit more magure than she should be because of your public antics. Good work, you'll end up with a daughter who will never answer the phone that one last time...

To many guests...

Trust me, I hate it as much as you do that it is in my job description to have to ask you if you'd like to apply for a REDcard, but you don't have to be rude. It's a simple question that warrants a simple answer, don't be a jerk and chew me out for asking. It serves no purpose.

To the guest who cornered me at the TV wall when I was trying to get to the electronics stockroom:

When an item on your Target App says "Online only", that means ONLINE ONLY. Don't get pissy because it's not on our shelves. When an online only item is out of stock, we have absolutely no way of finding out when they will have more. Being a dick about it and demanding I find out means I will gladly make you wait on the floor for 15 minutes while I do the electronics CAFs before I feed you a story about a supplier problem and it's going to be another month or so before they will have that TV available.

And a couple of others from a previous grocery store job both on Thanksgiving day (we were open until 2pm):

Saying "I can't believe they are making you work when you should be spending time with your family" makes me want to scream "They are making me work because you are shopping instead of spending time with your family!!"

Don't cuss me out because we don't have any frozen pumpkin pies left at 1:30pm on Thanksgiving Day. When I point out that I had 20 cases that morning that all sold by 11am and that I had originally ordered 50 but the DC ran out, don't tell me I should have planned for that. As far as I'm concerned, I had our pie sales perfectly forecasted. If I had ended up with any left over, they would have easily sold when Christmas ramped up.

Last edited:
To that one guest: You were a complete ass to me....as well as a moron. It's a simple concept...however you paid for the item, is how you get the money refunded to you. If you used your debit card as a credit, there is no option to get cash back. No, the cashier had nothing to do with running it as a credit...you (or your wife or whoever) chose that option. I don't care if you've filed bankruptcy...that has nothing to do with the credit/debit option on debit cards. And calling me stupid when you have no idea what you are talking about is even more obnoxious. I also don't care if you spent over $100 on your purchase...you still can't have the return portion back in cash. And suggesting we use a screwdriver to open the register to open it and give you cash? Umm no. I truly don't believe you've been in retail for 40 years...much less a day in your life. Otherwise you would have had some clue as to any of it.

Also, no, you cannot have my last name. You are welcome to call corporate...I gave you my first name and position in the store. Believe me, they'll find me if they want to. And why can't you have my last name? Because you freaking flipped out when I wouldn't give it to you! Like, seriously flipped out! That is why we don't give out our last names.

I can't believe the GSTL humored you and wasted his time calling the refund center to try and get you cash back. Needless to say, that was shot down. For the way you treated me, good...you deserved it.

Just know I know how to do my job much better than you do...and calling me an idiot and threatening me does little to help your case. You claim you aren't usually an ass...well, I didn't believe that one, either.

Why do people think that saying "I was a (insert your job title here)" is magically going to make you change your mind? We get the "I was a pharmacy tech once" (someone even tried "I was a pharmacIST" too....ummmm, doubtful dude, you're too much of a dumbass to be a pharmacIST) ALL THE TIME in the pharmacy and the people are effing CLUELESS as to how a pharmacy actually WORKS!!!

I couldn't have said it better myself. Honestly. Especially about the returns thing, jeez that makes my skin crawl.

*throws item on the counter, still in the bag, and starts texting*
WTF IS THAT. I DONT KNOW WHAT YOU WANT.

And about the coming in your line with your light off, I always think to myself that there's a Walmart down the road and they'll wait 10 times longer, guaranteed.
At Target, you will never wait more than 5 mins to be helped. And even that's pushing it, so if you're in THAT much of a hurry, I'm not sure what to tell you.

And about the coming in your line with your light off, I always think to myself that there's a Walmart down the road and they'll wait 10 times longer, guaranteed.
At Target, you will never wait more than 5 mins to be helped. And even that's pushing it, so if you're in THAT much of a hurry, I'm not sure what to tell you.

I turn my light on when I go up for backup, and once it slows back down I will turn my light off so I can get back to whatever I was doing. So many times, I will have people just walk up and start unloading. It turns into me going "I'm sorry, this is my last guest, I'm closing" an at that point they look up and see my light is off and go elsewhere.

To the guest at the END of the backed-up line who asks where I'm going to put my back-up cashier when she gets up front, I will never tell you. I will always send someone who was there before you. Seriously.

Me on walkie: "I need a back-up to the lanes."
Guest: "Which one will they open?"
Me: "It depends which side of the store they're coming from." (Which is true. I'm not going to make another TM wade through guests to get on a lane. If I know where the TM is coming from, then I'll pick a number, but I still won't send that guest there. :spiteful: )

To that one guest that walked in right as the store was being closed for the night, you were the most kind, gentle soul I had met all day. Your demeanor was purely amazing. It was like angels shitting out gold bars. You did not need to say sorry repeatedly for delaying the closing, your kindness and politeness was thanks enough. I appreciate it, you made my entire night. Thank you SO SO much. :)

To that one guest, yes sir go ahead and keep pushing those ******* deodorants to the back I absolutely LOVE coming back and having to pull them forward again

You don't have pushers in your deodorant aisles? Not that they're all that effective, but still.

To the guest that was looking for rope, I told you where to look for it and you just kept on shouting "I ALREADY CHECKED THERE! THERE IS NOTHING THERE!!"
You obviously didn't check properly, but I don't care. You were being obnoxious and you should just use your intestines as rope.

To the guest who had a tantrum because he bought moldy strawberries, get over it. You bought moldy fruit, return the damn thing and get your money back. You don't have to yell
at us. You told us that you fed your party guests the moldy strawberries and that you pissed them all off. How the hell do you not notice mold on a strawberry?

To that one guest who starts yelling at the person over at Guest Service and I because we don't price match our brand of milk for other store's. And to top it off I said "Don't have a cow over it." Oops.

Seriously??? How much more expensive can we be? Where I live, we are just about the cheapest...even cheaper than Wal-Mart and Aldi's! I think only Sam's Club has us beat by a whopping 10 cents....

To that one guest who called in refills and said "I'm on my way, I'll be there in 5 minutes and I EXPECT them to be done", honey, if you were IN the store and requested refills of your FIVE prescriptions, there's no way in HADES they'd be done in 5 minutes!!! Thank your lucky stars we weren't busy and were able to get them done in 20! Calling corporate to complain is going to get you NOWHERE!!!

To that other guest, coming in and yelling at our ETL-Rx about your RxRewards and telling her she HAD to call to find out why you weren't getting your cards was ALSO going to get you nowhere fast. She offered you the use of OUR phone just like I and 2 others did, because we KNEW that they wouldn't talk to US about YOUR account (which they wouldn't). Refusing to speak to them got you nothing. I HOPE you switch pharmacies because you're a disgusting pig and we really don't need your addicted behind scaring off other customers....

To that one guest who starts yelling at the person over at Guest Service and I because we don't price match our brand of milk for other store's. And to top it off I said "Don't have a cow over it." Oops.

Seriously??? How much more expensive can we be? Where I live, we are just about the cheapest...even cheaper than Wal-Mart and Aldi's! I think only Sam's Club has us beat by a whopping 10 cents....

Kroger and Publix have milk prices the lowest around here (Kroger currently has $2.84/gallon).

Target is 3rd, Wal-Mart is 4th (I don't drink Wal-Mart's milk though, it tastes funny), Sam's Club is 5th.

Local chains are between Wal-Mart and Sam's Club.

To that one customer last night at Wally: Did you really think it was a smart idea to be playing with your remote control car in a busy store while we are stocking? It's not safe and I'm glad no one tripped over it before I picked it up and handed it to you.
Just when I think I've seen everything, I get reminded that I really haven't. At least the night got better after that because that was a bad way to start the night.

Kroger and Publix have milk prices the lowest around here (Kroger currently has $2.84/gallon).

Target is 3rd, Wal-Mart is 4th (I don't drink Wal-Mart's milk though, it tastes funny), Sam's Club is 5th.

Local chains are between Wal-Mart and Sam's Club.
Interesting....it's only $2.69 at my store (just bought some last night) ;) WM is $2.99, Aldi is $2.89 (at least it was the last time I was there), Sam's is $2.59. The grocery stores are over $3.

Walmart is $2.79 Here..

I pretty much just hit up Costco though. I try to not to shop Walmart because I can never find half the stuff on my grocery list... there always OOS.

To that one Guest. I honestly do believe, you got what you deserved...

Seriously, your no more important then anyone else. What Gives you the right to 3 Parking Spots?

e4cXsH0.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back