To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
To the guests that got pissy with me: I'm sorry our carts lock at our mall entrance. I'm sorry you couldn't be smart enough for one of you to go move your car from the other end of the mall when you realized you were buying so much. Don't give me shit about it. I don't enjoy having to be a cashier & I enjoy it even less when I get shit from people about stupid stuff.

To the 2 women who b*tched about the Icee flavors: I don't choose the flavors, the vendor does.
He sometimes brings a new flavor to try but they replenish the flavors THAT SELL.
If we don't have your favorite flavor, it's probably because it DIDN'T SELL so stop assuming I have ANYTHING to do with the choice of flavors.
Better still, go to a convenience store & see what flavors THEY carry but just leave my counter, mkay? Buh-bye.

We have a convenience store that I pass on my walk to work EVERY DAY. They have 6 ICEE flavors and 8 SLURPEE flavors. But guests buy and complain about the ones we have and pay x2 as much.

To that one guest wearing a Motorhead band shirt and having a tattoo of Lemmy on your leg,

You're the most awesome fucking customer of all time. I'm glad we both have the same taste in music.

Sucks that I missed them playing Orlando by a month. Oh well, shit happens

To that one guest: no, we can't and won't "waive your copay". If "Walgreen's does it all the time", GO TO WALGREEN'S!!! Nice try saying "the pharmacy manager told (you) this morning that HE'D waive it for you as a courtesy", there were ONLY FEMALES working in the pharmacy this morning (not to mention, our "pharmacy manager" is a FEMALE)!!!!

To that one guest - I can forgive you cutting open a bag of catfood when I was the only one working the section at 8 am, but why did you have to empty a quarter of the bag onto the floor? I don't know where the brooms are and nobody was around to ask, so the tiny dustpan used for the cashier lanes made that take about 10 minutes longer than it should have.

To the other guest - even when I was a customer, even when I was 16 and wanted to be a general malcontent, I never spread a bunch of doormats all over the floor and just left them there. I just cannot fathom it.

That is why I hate zoning toys and domestics, or being the only hardlines team member for a certain amount of time...

To that one guest I had to deal with during ad takedown: If you need help, I'm happy to help you. But I don't have all night to discuss how stainless steel is produced. So please let me continue my work.

We have quite a few of those. Hope it wasn't a crazy cat lady.

No, but I have gotten the crazy cat lady a few times. And the crazy One Spot lady.

Often times I will say to myself after the fact, "No, I just like wearing red and khaki, nametag, walkie, pda, and folding clothes in my spare time... It gives me the giggles!"

Seriously! Asked almost daily!

To the other guest - even when I was a customer, even when I was 16 and wanted to be a general malcontent, I never spread a bunch of doormats all over the floor and just left them there. I just cannot fathom it.

Actually that happens often, I've seen it two or three times in my store.
Also unrolling the big rugs.

Actually that happens often, I've seen it two or three times in my store.
Also unrolling the big rugs.

Especially fun when they do it in our store....the big rugs are right in front of the backroom doors...going in isn't so bad, because you can see them on the floor and avoid them, but coming out blind.....not so good......

Out of a normal shift for me I would say 52 percent of the people drive me CRAZY.
like the ones that sit outside in their cars and wait before the store opens at 8. I am like there is a Winn Dixie right next door and a walmart not to far that you have to sit outside 15-30 minutes before the store opens.

Also, This statement drives me nuts, "I came in for one thing and left with a cart full of stuff." I told my GSTL today that I bite my lips every time someone says that, to me that tells me that this customer does not have self control.
then there is the customer that is ready to check out, sees me at my register with my light on and says " Are you open." I have been pulled off stage so many times by my GSTL, ETL because I look at my lane light, my lane and back at the customer and say yes

Hahaha, I look at the lane light, too! Some of the time I'm genuinely like "oh shit did I not turn it on?" but usually I'm being a dick, because people ask dumb questions. Meanwhile, if a light is off, they jump right in line.

It is...I didn't even bother turning my lane light on tonight when I had to hop on a register, and people still flooded my lane anyway.

And what gets me is that I'll turn my light off so I can get back out to my zone and they will still come in even if there are other actual lanes with actual cashiers on them with nobody.

Pretty sure off light= open lane to my guests.....perhaps target should change it? Off means come on down, on means lane closed? Might start a trend....

to that one guest who asked if I needed to scan the case of water on the bottom rack of her cart... yes, we do. and me asking you to lift it so I can scan it was not a reason to find a Customer Service Rep to complain. maybe next time you won't waste precious oxygen to ask a stupid question.

To that one guest who made me spend an hour and a half looking on EJ Viewer for your lost receipt from a purchase you made a week ago... WHY WAS IT SO IMPORTANT FOR YOU TO HAVE IT? You weren't planning on returning anything (I asked). You just wanted it to have it? And you got mad at ME because you couldn't remember the date, time, or lane you were on and it took me forever to find the receipt. You said you purchased it with your credit card... You couldn't just call Amex for your total amount?

And by the way, I hope you felt real smart when the date you told you were in the store was wrong by TWO WEEKS.

And what gets me is that I'll turn my light off so I can get back out to my zone and they will still come in even if there are other actual lanes with actual cashiers on them with nobody.

That's your GSTLs fault. I block the lanes of those who are backing up for me so that you can get back to your whatever as soon as possible.

To that one guest I had to deal with during ad takedown: If you need help, I'm happy to help you. But I don't have all night to discuss how stainless steel is produced. So please let me continue my work.

No, but I have gotten the crazy cat lady a few times. And the crazy One Spot lady.

Not as bad as the over religious gentleman that followed me for 20 minutes talking about being saved as I went up and down the aisles for ad takedown one night. I'm sure you know the one.

Not as bad as the over religious gentleman that followed me for 20 minutes talking about being saved as I went up and down the aisles for ad takedown one night. I'm sure you know the one.

I just tell them I'm Jewish and they always back off.
It's funny, I have friends who are Atheist, Wiccan, Hindi, and that type will try to convert them but tell them you're Jewish and they leave you alone.

Lol I haven't gotten him yet. Though I do get the university evangelists all the time when I cash.

By the way, welcome to The Break Room, theday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back