To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
"do you have pacific rim on dvd? i got this ultraviolet thing but i don't need that."
"let me check on that, give me just a minute.
we have it in the back, if you can hold on for a second i'll be right back."
handed off muted phone to a TM that was nearby and went to the back room,
when i got back he was talking to the guy on the phone and looking exasperated,
explained that the guy wanted us to price match the movie for him.
"hello, sir, still there?"
"yeah, it's just regular dvd right? not this ultraviolet whatever."
"yes it is."
"(nearby electronics store) has it for 22.99, you guys price match right?"
"we match certain other stores, like amazon and best buy. not that one."
"i coulda drove there by this time and got it myself, i want you to price match it."
"unfortunately we can't. if you can find it for that price on amazon, we can do that."
"i want the pissed-off discount. cuz i am really pissed off."
"we do not price match that store. we have very specific procedures for this."
"get your manager to give me the price match just this once."
"we don't do that. our price is 24.99. you're welcome to stop by and buy it for that price."
*he hangs up*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAPOEHMrL5U

"do you have pacific rim on dvd? i got this ultraviolet thing but i don't need that."
"let me check on that, give me just a minute.
we have it in the back, if you can hold on for a second i'll be right back."
handed off muted phone to a TM that was nearby and went to the back room,
when i got back he was talking to the guy on the phone and looking exasperated,
explained that the guy wanted us to price match the movie for him.
"hello, sir, still there?"
"yeah, it's just regular dvd right? not this ultraviolet whatever."
"yes it is."
"(nearby electronics store) has it for 22.99, you guys price match right?"
"we match certain other stores, like amazon and best buy. not that one."
"i coulda drove there by this time and got it myself, i want you to price match it."
"unfortunately we can't. if you can find it for that price on amazon, we can do that."
"i want the pissed-off discount. cuz i am really pissed off."
"we do not price match that store. we have very specific procedures for this."
"get your manager to give me the price match just this once."
"we don't do that. our price is 24.99. you're welcome to stop by and buy it for that price."
*he hangs up*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAPOEHMrL5U

Lol'd.

Guest: Why don't you have English Muffins with raisins? The grocery store two blocks away has it.

Me: I'm sorry, but we don't have the space that allows us to carry every item that the 80,000 square-foot grocery store has.

Guest: But I need this flavor of English Muffin and I don't want to have to stop twice to get it. You should have it in your store.

Me: I'm sorry. Please fill out this comment card with your suggestion. But [silently I say] Does your grocery store have an extensive selection of socks and underwear and toys and electronics and home improvement items and bedding and furniture and ... on and on I go in my mind until my glazed look suggests that I am incapable of continuing the conversation and the guest walks away.

sigh.

To the guest at any clearance endcaps: No. The price that is on the sticker is the clearance price. It is on a very rare occasion that it is actually marked down any further than what is listed. Stop making me scan things.

To the guest at any clearance endcaps: No. The price that is on the sticker is the clearance price. It is on a very rare occasion that it is actually marked down any further than what is listed. Stop making me scan things.

In their defense, it depends on where in their workload the PC team is. Though your scanner won't pick up the reduction in price unless the same item has already been activated at the lower price, or you're in the ticketing function.

Guest: Why don't you have English Muffins with raisins? The grocery store two blocks away has it.

Me: I'm sorry, but we don't have the space that allows us to carry every item that the 80,000 square-foot grocery store has.

Guest: But I need this flavor of English Muffin and I don't want to have to stop twice to get it. You should have it in your store.

Me: I'm sorry. Please fill out this comment card with your suggestion. But [silently I say] Does your grocery store have an extensive selection of socks and underwear and toys and electronics and home improvement items and bedding and furniture and ... on and on I go in my mind until my glazed look suggests that I am incapable of continuing the conversation and the guest walks away.

sigh.

We get that all the time, but they say "Well, the Target in *insert city name* has it, why don't you?" Try explaining the difference between SuperTarget and Pfresh to them, they simply don't get it....."but you BOTH have groceries???" :facepalm:

to those guests who try and steal...thank you for leaving the tags on the clothes...it helps tremendously when there is nearly $1000 in almost stolen softlines.

to those guests today and you know who you are....you are idiots and a couple of you better have hefty slush funds for the psychiatrist time your kids are going to need. (I would go into detail but it was truly a my store only afternoon and I don't want to give myself away...they haven't caught up to me yet...BWAHAHA!)

I'm at Guest Services (integrated). A woman comes to my register with a large cart of checkouts only because the other cashiers are all full. Another woman with a return gets in line behind her. The woman cashing out apologizes to the woman behind her for taking so long. Response: "This is returns and checkouts. I have a return. You could have gone anywhere." I am very happy that another TM opened up another GS lane and took that poor excuse for a human being because I honestly don't think I would have been able to keep it in.

I've had shitty guests like that before :( I had a woman signing up for a redcard, and the woman in back of her kept huffing and glaring the whole time, then was sweet as could be when the first woman apologised to her for taking so long, then she went back to huffing and glaring.

This was a few yrs back when I was still in the front lanes:
I had a guest signing up for a red card & the woman behind her in line was pissed at having to wait all of 5 minutes so she started trash-talking about what was bad about signing up for the card & trying to talk the guest out of it. The guest got flustered & ended up canceling her app.
Then the smirking b*tch came up to ring out & told me not to even TRY that "credit sh*t" so imagine my surprise when Karma stepped in & declined the b*tch's debit. She accused me of f*cking up her card & tried it several more times until she CRASHED my register.
The folks behind her had already run to shorter lines so I was stuck taking her to another lane & re-ringing her purchase only to have her debit declined again. I ended up turning her over to an ETL because she was demanding her items for FREE because she had NO other way to pay & we had "screwed up her card".
My ETL, not knowing the whole back-story, suggested she open a red card acct.
You could hear her colorful commentary all the way out the door.

I had no guests on my lane at a point today, so I went to clean up my lane ... someone put their used gum onto a KitKat. We all have bagged garbage bins at our register, you really couldn't walk two feet to throw it out?! Disgusting.

Is it that hard to carry the hangers that you took IN to the fitting room back OUT to me? Or to keep track of the plastic number? And seriously, who are all you people who don't understand the basic concept of fitting rooms? The reason my desk is in front of them is not so you can waltz right by me; how do you make it to adulthood without understanding this? Have you never purchased clothing before? I'm genuinely confused. I don't even know what to think about the elderly gentleman who thought the number I handed him was his room number and spent a moment searching the doors to see which one he had been assigned.

But none of that beats the fact that a shocking number of you don't seem to understand what the locks are for! I've half walked-in on so many guests while doing fitting room checks (our doors shut firmly on their own, so the doors always look closed and sometimes even require a hard push even when unlocked and 'open'). I had a guest today walk in on another guest accidentally because he hadn't even fully shut the door behind himself! Do you leave the stalls unlocked when you use public restrooms, too?!

No, I don't need to grab my coat for this carry out....this is not an all night affair. But wait, it is. First we have to find your car. Then, you have to check each and every bag before I can put it in the trunk...and God forbid it isn't in the right place in the trunk. Then, I have to stand around and wait for you to fish your Starbucks cookies out of a bag, because I can't go in yet because I have to put your leg in the car....I am not a CNA, thank you very much. And no, I really don't feel the need to tell you where I live. It's none of your damn business. Then, I couldn't drive the scooter away because you wouldn't stop talking to me, even after I got your leg in the car and got you all settled in. Now I understand why it takes you nearly three hours to shop. And you were right...I should have grabbed my coat.

In some non-target stores yearss ago, they did the numbered fitting room thing. And the Macy's I worked at had no fitting room attendant in the men's dept at all. We just all took turns going in to grab hangers and stuff.

The hanger thing is my biggest fitting room pet peeve, though. A woman actually said to me, once, "I can't carry all these clothes and the hangers at once." I mentally cussed her out. That's pretty much the reason hangers exist. They make it easier to hold (and store, of course) multiple clothing items. Why not put the item you just decided you hate back onto the hanger!?

Is it that hard to carry the hangers that you took IN to the fitting room back OUT to me? Or to keep track of the plastic number? And seriously, who are all you people who don't understand the basic concept of fitting rooms? The reason my desk is in front of them is not so you can waltz right by me; how do you make it to adulthood without understanding this? Have you never purchased clothing before? I'm genuinely confused. I don't even know what to think about the elderly gentleman who thought the number I handed him was his room number and spent a moment searching the doors to see which one he had been assigned.

(In an admittedly small sample size,) Target is the only store I've been in that had an attendant desk at the fitting rooms. Any other store I've shopped at had single fitting rooms throughout the store that did not appear to be monitored (except maybe by CCTV cameras).

Do you leave the stalls unlocked when you use public restrooms, too?!

Most likely. Even when I was in school, the guys used to do that. I never understood that one.

(In an admittedly small sample size,) Target is the only store I've been in that had an attendant desk at the fitting rooms. Any other store I've shopped at had single fitting rooms throughout the store that did not appear to be monitored (except maybe by CCTV cameras).

Really? I can't think of a store that doesn't have one. Off the top of my head, Walmart, TJMaxx, Marshall's, and Ross come to mind. Buuut... now that I think about it, Kohl's doesn't have fitting room attendants. I don't clothing shop often or at many places, though, so maybe my sample is biased.

I've had shitty guests like that before :( I had a woman signing up for a redcard, and the woman in back of her kept huffing and glaring the whole time, then was sweet as could be when the first woman apologised to her for taking so long, then she went back to huffing and glaring.

I hate that! I've seen that happen a few times. It's even worse when people are huffing and puffing about the speed of our cashiers. (That's why I wish the gstl's at my store would actually speed weave.)

This was a few yrs back when I was still in the front lanes:
I had a guest signing up for a red card & the woman behind her in line was pissed at having to wait all of 5 minutes so she started trash-talking about what was bad about signing up for the card & trying to talk the guest out of it. The guest got flustered & ended up canceling her app.
Then the smirking b*tch came up to ring out & told me not to even TRY that "credit sh*t" so imagine my surprise when Karma stepped in & declined the b*tch's debit. She accused me of f*cking up her card & tried it several more times until she CRASHED my register.
The folks behind her had already run to shorter lines so I was stuck taking her to another lane & re-ringing her purchase only to have her debit declined again. I ended up turning her over to an ETL because she was demanding her items for FREE because she had NO other way to pay & we had "screwed up her card".
My ETL, not knowing the whole back-story, suggested she open a red card acct.
You could hear her colorful commentary all the way out the door.

someone needs to get laid.

Indeed! Especially when some of us aren't trained as cashiers, but keep getting given cashier shifts anyway, and we know next to nothing.

To that one guest that got all mad, demanded to speak to a manager, and threatened to write an complaint email because we didn't have the PS4 games that a team member from earlier in the day said they would hold (said team member neglected to leave a note so myself and/or the other closing electronics TM probably sold them), just Whoa... :\

To that same guest that calmed down, sincerely and repeatedly apologized for her outburst, and explained that she was just grumpy from being tired, sick, and running around for these games for her boyfriend, double Whoa! :) Oh, and I hope you did manage to get the games at the other Target I sent you to.

To the adorable little girl who wanted to help me out by handing me items to scan: thank you so much for being polite and helpful, sweetheart :) I had a pair of kids after you who were fighting about a bunch of toys the older one got at a birthday party, and I wished I had gotten another kid like you

To the guests whose kids were beating each other up in the middle of pfresh. Don't just say "stop it" to them, do something about it!!! These kids were both under 12, easily. The older one knocked the younger one to the ground & the mom was basically like oh whatever. Seriously people. Control your spawn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back