To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
to our brave GSAs (except one):

when we hit the Additional Assistance button, please don't stand around, calling for backup, after no one one responds. Get on a damn register! People in line are staring at you for a reason!

Or if you're not going to hop on, then please, for the love of all that is holy, SPEEDWEAVE. The back-up isn't going to clear itself! (Well, technically it will, but very slowly.)

When we hit it for the pharmacy the other night (and nobody came), hit it again (and STILL nobody came), then called out over the walkie for backup (all within a matter of 10 minutes, which probably meant we were REALLY busy and REALLY NEEDED HELP!!!!!), the response we got from an ETL was "Sorry, I'm with a TM...." SERIOUSLY??? Your "chat" with a TM is more important than our back-up of 10 guests at the pharmacy??? Nevermind, it's just the pharmacy....I forgot, we don't really "count".....

when we hit the Additional Assistance button, please don't stand around, calling for backup, after no one one responds. Get on a damn register! People in line are staring at you for a reason!

at out store GSA's and GSTL's aren't allowed to be on a lane. I get really tired of people complaining that I don't cashier but I would get coached if I did! I don't just stand in front of the lanes though. Speedweaving is a must!

Or if you're not going to hop on, then please, for the love of all that is holy, SPEEDWEAVE. The back-up isn't going to clear itself! (Well, technically it will, but very slowly.)

When we hit it for the pharmacy the other night (and nobody came), hit it again (and STILL nobody came), then called out over the walkie for backup (all within a matter of 10 minutes, which probably meant we were REALLY busy and REALLY NEEDED HELP!!!!!), the response we got from an ETL was "Sorry, I'm with a TM...." SERIOUSLY??? Your "chat" with a TM is more important than our back-up of 10 guests at the pharmacy??? Nevermind, it's just the pharmacy....I forgot, we don't really "count".....
I would come & help you out.

to that obnoxious new GSTL....you are a child and act like one. I have told other tm's that I am okay with them not going up for back up (except when called out by name)when you are bellering for back up because you are not a gstl. You zone one spot, the check lanes anything other than doing your job.....you don't speedweave, hop on to a lane yourself (heaven forbid!!), use other backup resources. Half the time when you call for backup there is no need and when there is a need you have your thumb up your arse. It's so bad that even our most lazy ETL has coached you...that is amazing in of itself.

When we hit it for the pharmacy the other night (and nobody came), hit it again (and STILL nobody came), then called out over the walkie for backup (all within a matter of 10 minutes, which probably meant we were REALLY busy and REALLY NEEDED HELP!!!!!), the respon se we got from an ETL was "Sorry, I'm with a TM...." SERIOUSLY??? Your "chat" with a TM is more important than our back-up of 10 guests at the pharmacy??? Nevermind, it's just the pharmacy....I forgot, we don't really "count".....

At my store everyone ignores the service requests from non-main-checklanes: food ave, starbucks, electronics, pharmacy, deli, and guest service.
I always try to respond to electronics, pharmacy, and guest service. Since those are the only areas I can back-up in.

To that one team member: Yes, I realise I was unintentionally rude...honestly, I had no idea about the issue you came to snap at me about...but that doesn't excuse you being purposefully rude to me for the rest of the shift.

I hated high school, the one year I wasn't homeschooled :( Other than that one team member and one of my leads, the vast majority of people I work with are great, they're all super friendly, and there hasn't been any drama with anyone else.

Yeesh...that is way more drama than most people could handle! How do you stay sane?!

Forgot, I have one from every single day I've worked, as well as every time I've been in my store before I worked there:

To the Starbucks team member: I'm sure you don't need to take five minutes to clean every single thing behind the counter, even if it hasn't been touched, between taking every guest's order. And you sure don't need to take an extra few minutes doing it every time you see me standing at the counter, waiting. I was parched and craving an iced tea, and you made me late coming off of my break because you are obsessed with cleaning.

Forgot, I have one from every single day I've worked, as well as every time I've been in my store before I worked there:

To the Starbucks team member: I'm sure you don't need to take five minutes to clean every single thing behind the counter, even if it hasn't been touched, between taking every guest's order. And you sure don't need to take an extra few minutes doing it every time you see me standing at the counter, waiting. I was parched and craving an iced tea, and you made me late coming off of my break because you are obsessed with cleaning.
It could be they are expecting a big district/Steritech/Health Dept visit.

Then I have had hard ass FATLS that want you do something or cleaning any time its not busy.

Last edited:
To that one ETL:

Calling a team member from whatever they are working on to pick up a piece of dry trash from the floor is not delegating, it's being a lazy douchebag.
I had a ETL very long ago (didn't last long) who would tell me and the rest of the cart attendants to go through all the carts when we push a row in, and completely dry them by hand (if it was raining) or pick out any receipts, leaves, and trash. Never mind that its always a mad rush to get carts.

I'd think that if she didn't do it every single day...even when I'm just passing by, I can see her taking an order, then cleaning everything over again, unless she has more than two people in line. Then she does it between every two guests.

to the manager-in-training:

don't sell someone a Nikon camera who tells you that they already own Canon lenses that they want to use on a new camera. This is the kind of crap that retail teaining would prevent.

Heck, common sense would prevent that...."Nikon" and "Canon" are two different brands....I want to know why the guest BOUGHT the Nikon KNOWING they had Canon lenses??? Did you actually "hear" the guest say they had Canon lenses? If not, I'd venture a guess that the guest may have said they had Nikon lenses....we get it all the time in pharmacy...the guest will SWEAR they're on a certain medication, when it's actually a different, somewhat "similar" sounding medicine (such as "simvastatin", "lovastatin", or "atorvastatin"....or "hydroxyzine" vs "hydralazine").....

It could be they are expecting a big district/Steritech/Health Dept visit.

Then I have had hard ass FATLS that want you do something or cleaning any time its not busy.

Or, he/she's just a germophobe....we have one in pharmacy who cleans the phone and keyboard 2-3 times a day, even if they're the ONLY person who has touched either of them!!!

I know I've said this recently, but to my fellow pfresh people: I can't begin to thank you enough for the support over the past few weeks. You all have been nothing but supportive, even when I've had some unsure moments and low confidence. You all are truly an amazing group and I'm glad to be a part of the "family".
And to my TL: Thank you as well. You have also been incredibly helpful in this transition. Thank you for taking the time to chat with me about a few things at the end of my shift today. Your confidence in me and my abilities is incredibly reassuring. I really enjoy working with you and am glad you "snatched" me away from HL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back